The transfer portal opens today | Page 48 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score

So, now we know Kansas's Timberlake 2.0. Excited to find out who is UConn's Spencer 2.0.

I'm anxiously awaiting to learn where AJ Storr will play in the 2025-26 season.

Unless he got a bag each and every time, Who would have thought portaling is so addictive?

Reactions: caw

GG

Reaction Score
I also learned Boeheim "discovered" Clingan, otherwise nobody else would have known about him I guess

For that reason, he wanted to go to Syracuse, but his family made him go to UConn.
So funny. Anytime they miss on a recruit they try to make an excuse. I wish I could find it, but I recall a post disparaging UCONN fans for being excited that we got Alex Karaban. I also recalled them making comments that Andre Jackson Jr. made a mistake coming to UCONN when he did not play a lot his freshman year.

Reaction Score
So funny. Anytime they miss on a recruit they try to make an excuse. I wish I could find it, but I recall a post disparaging UCONN fans for being excited that we got Alex Karaban. I also recalled them making comments that Andre Jackson Jr. made a mistake coming to UCONN when he did not play a lot his freshman year.

No, no, no . . . Hurley tricked Andre into coming to UConn by promising a scholarship to his brother.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So basically you're saying Scheyer took all the wrong kids the last couple years before this? That's terrible scouting then.
Well if he was a good coach the 5* guys would be in the NBA by now instead of transferring in year 3-4.

Reaction Score
If he thinks bringing in 5 star recruits and pushing out 5 star recruits to have a team full of 5 star freshmen leading them is the recipe to win it all then good for him. It's going to fail.
Look at who transferred. They weren't doing much. The number of stars you have before your recruiting profile doesn't mean anything when the rubber hits the road.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What makes you think the new batch will be any different.
This class with Flagg and that Center look a step above talent wise. Idk about anyone else.

Having a 7’1 tank and a generational talent next to him will be different than that Tik Toker and the tweener Flip.

Reaction Score
This class with Flagg and that Center look a step above talent wise. Idk about anyone else.

Having a 7’1 tank and a generational talent next to him will be different than that Tik Toker and the tweener Flip.
Assuming Flagg will be more productive than flip day one is a major assumption. And McCain was productive for them regardless of his tik toks. You don’t win in CBB with a team constructed of mostly freshman. If that’s how he’s building again. He’ll come short again.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Assuming Flagg will be more productive than flip day one is a major assumption. And McCain was productive for them regardless of his tik toks. You don’t win in CBB with a team constructed of mostly freshman. If that’s how he’s building again. He’ll come short again.
Oh I don’t know if they’ll win. Just think they’ll be better than last year.

Flip wasn’t that good to me offensively though. Don’t think it’ll be hard for Flagg to be better if he lives up to the hype.

Reaction Score
Ehh, hard to really project out since we don’t know what they’ll do in the portal. I know they’ve been connected to Maliq Brown. If they can bring in some vet guards, they could look pretty good going into next season. If they end up relying on a mostly freshman backcourt, is not going to end well.

Reaction Score

Are we actually still trying to get this guy or are we no longer involved since Reed committed? Potential Karaban replacement?

Reaction Score

Are we actually still trying to get this guy or are we no longer involved since Reed committed? Potential Karaban replacement?

Sure looks like a Karaban replacement. I’d guess the staff is recruiting as if AK is gone.

Reaction Score

There is no one who can replace Alex. JMO.

Reaction Score
Oh I don’t know if they’ll win. Just think they’ll be better than last year.

Flip wasn’t that good to me offensively though. Don’t think it’ll be hard for Flagg to be better if he lives up to the hype.
I mean they made it to an elite 8. Idk how much “better” they’ll be without knowing their full roster yet. Filipowski was in the running to be an all American. If FS Flagg is just that good he’ll be great for a freshman. It may be a slight “talent” upgrade, but I’d bet against it being a significant “production” upgrade.

Reaction Score
I mean they made it to an elite 8. Idk how much “better” they’ll be without knowing their full roster yet. Filipowski was in the running to be an all American. If FS Flagg is just that good he’ll be great for a freshman. It may be a slight “talent” upgrade, but I’d bet against it being a significant “production” upgrade.
Flagg is way more talented than Filipowski, especially defensively.

Reaction Score
So many of you want to kick Samson and Solo to the curb for shiny new transfers. Glad you're not the coaches. Can't wait for both them of them to excel and laugh at you clowns who want to start mid-major guys over them.
There are plenty of minutes to go around. Samson and solo will get plenty of run

Reaction Score
They made elite 8 only due to shed injury

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom