The transfer portal opens today | Page 50 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Yeah I see him more of a Karaban Replacement. Maybe a better handle than Karaban and better D. He is not as good of a 3 PT shooter, but he did shoot 36%, or passer as Karaban. Pretty good rebounder. He can create his own offense at times off the dribble too. I saw him a game and came away impressed.
He played the 5 in most games (due to personnel issues at USF) but is really a 4. He’s one of those players who grew tall later, so he likes to dribble, and is a nice ball handler for a big guy. He’s quite quirky and fun to watch. He took the team on his back a few times this season and willed a win. Not afraid of contact. His pregame warm up routine is interesting as is his free throw routine. Got sat down a couple of games by the Coach and he learned from that.

Reaction Score
I think Providence and Xavier are the second and third best teams in the Big East next year.
Then the conference is going to be awful. You see that if UConn ever escapes to B12 or ACC the Big East is going to have some years where it’s very mediocre.

Reaction Score
That's a biiiiig jump. He had like 2 really good games and 5 total stinkers in their 7 games against good teams.
17.5 ppg 42% shooting the last two seasons against power conference basketball schools plus Gonzaga.

Good players can play no matter the school/conference. He was the 65th ranked player coming out of high school by Rivals and 78th by 247 coming out of high school. Was ranked 17th in his class by 247 at one time.

Reaction Score
And UGA transfer Jabri Abdur-Rahim can score, doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, and had was productive in a lot of games, but needs to become more consisten.
He shot 36% from the field for the season and was 33/31/89 in conference play which is pretty rough. He doesn't turn it over because he doesn't pass haha, guy had 10 total assists this past season and 7 the year before that.

Reaction Score
Michigan transfer admission strikes again. Might be why they took Wolf over Goldin, too. Easier to get in as an undergraduate transfer (you can often only transfer in 2 years worth of credits so upperclassmen won't be on track to graduate). Though did Davis really not graduate in 4 years at FAU?
Respect to Michigan. Second time in as many years this has happened (Caleb love last year). Michigan is one of the few power schools that still cares about academics along with NW, Stanford, Cal, and Vandy? Duke certainly doesn’t anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This class with Flagg and that Center look a step above talent wise. Idk about anyone else.

Having a 7’1 tank and a generational talent next to him will be different than that Tik Toker and the tweener Flip.

They had #s 2, 3 and 4 2 years ago. Hindsight is helpful. Maluach looks like he sucks.

caw

Reaction Score
Respect to Michigan. Second time in as many years this has happened (Caleb love last year). Michigan is one of the few power schools that still cares about academics along with NW, Stanford, Cal, and Vandy? Duke certainly doesn’t anymore.
Third in three? They also didn’t let Shannon in, IIRC.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Providence and Xavier are the second and third best teams in the Big East next year.

Behind who? I would put Creighton way up there if they still have Kalk and Alexander. And even with the turnover UConn should be in the mix. Those would be my top two.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
They had #s 2, 3 and 4 2 years ago. Hindsight is helpful. Maluach looks like he sucks.
Think this could probably be a class more on par with ‘21 that had Mobley, Cunningham, Suggs, etc.

Ageeed on Maluach, he gives baby deer.

Duke more than anything desperately need guards. They aren’t winning with a team full of forwards.

Reaction Score
Having a 24% three point shooting wing scares me. He’s solid everywhere else but shooters make everyone else better. Millers a really good coach so in this case I find it a bit harder to say our staff can make him better.

Give me Reed, McNeeley and Brea and we’re good.
OK. I'm in. Now get McNeeley and Brea. Otherwise I'll take a 6-6 "solid everywhere else" guy.

Reaction Score
Third in three? They also didn’t let Shannon in, IIRC.
I guess there are some odd benefits to being top 3 in AD revenue, standards. If you can't get a BA from FAU in 4 years, they should just give you a PhD in Partying.

Reaction Score

Has a pretty solid portal class year before with newton , alleyne, joey c. Probably don’t with either championship without portal. Its a delicate balance that benefits the huskies. I certainly agree better to grow your core at home

Reaction Score
Has a pretty solid portal class year before with newton , alleyne, joey c. Probably don’t with either championship without portal. Its a delicate balance that benefits the huskies. I certainly agree better to grow your core at home
Had

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom