The transfer portal opens today | Page 40 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs to impose a salary cap to level the playing field....Will never happen though because the NCAA is a neutered organization.
We need less bureaucracy not more. Sb able to GFM, Square, Venmo these folks direct cash at our own convenience. You know, just like you could send anyone else cash immediately in real life. People never stop being afraid of change.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would guess Arkansas since they have money as they do

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
He is a foreigner so I dont think NIL plays into the equation.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Go get

Zvonimir Ivišić​

He didn’t want the Pope’s love
Looked like high BBIQ very good passer. Did not watch enough to know about overall defense. But he certainly seems like a fit offensively. Seemed from what I saw he would pair nicely with Samson. I wonder about Samson and what is going to happen. He has to want to be a starter but he is a perfect off the bench piece because it is shocking to bring him in to follow a lumbering giant. And of course Donovan was way more than a lumbering giant but Samson is crazy from an athletic standpoint.

Maybe he can make the move to starter. These have to be very hard conversations. It is not even a week and I would imagine Hurley is working 20 hour days looking at film. Trusting his assistant coaches to put the right guys in front of him.

So interested to see if our brand has more sales power than it has and that leads to getting the exact fits we want. Really wish I knew the true Timberlake story. Did we really not see Cam was a perfect fit. I have to think we knew the whole time and Kansas ended up making an offer they did not have to make from an NIL promise.

I can’t remember how long does this go on. Is it over in May and we know the roster at that point. I don’t pay attention to some of the off season regulations like how many spring practices and organized activities. I just threw May out as I thought it seemed when it is over.

Reaction Score
I give up any right to comment on portal targets. We have the best portal recruiters of any staff in the country by far. Hass, Cam, Newt. Alleyne, Joey, tyrese, RJ.
I'm as qualified to speculate on the portal as someone's neice is qualified to control the campaigning finances of a political party.
(Don't edit my post Tom, it's CT for God's sake)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
PG: Hass, Nowell
SG: Ball, Portal, Portal
Wing: Stewart/McNeeley(?), Ross
PF: AK, Stewart, Abraham
C: Johnson, Reed(?)

Surprising amount of carryover assuming all our kids come back. We have one player at each position who has started or gotten a lot of minutes. Most teams are seeing heavier turnover.

Optimistic we can land Reed and McNeeley. I think Shooting Guard is our biggest need in the portal right now. Outside of that just smart experienced shooters on the perimeter we can run offense with. We’re not going into the portal with very many needs which is a good spot to be in.

Reaction Score
Didn't he have like a 30 pt. game and then barely played after that? I think he could become an absolute stud under Hurley. Definitely worth a call. Why would he follow Calipari to Arkansas when Cal didn't believe in him?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not going to lie, thinking about the Kentucky board melting down that they not only didn't get Hurley but he's also taking players from them makes me want this guy just a little bit more.

Reaction Score
Do we want someone who bought Calipari's get-rich-quick pitch to begin with? Its definitely worth considering if a Kentucky recruit fits our "Culture"

That said, not worried about it. DH and staff know what they are doing. If by chance this dude becomes a Husky Im sure he fits the system.

Reaction Score
Do we want someone who bought Calipari's get-rich-quick pitch to begin with? Its definitely worth considering if a Kentucky recruit fits our "Culture"

That said, not worried about it. DH and staff know what they are doing. If by chance this dude becomes a Husky Im sure he fits the system.
He’s a 7’2” stretch 5 who hits 3s at a good percentage. Add to that 3 years of pro ball.

What NIL money was he getting being from Croatia?

Reaction Score

Pretty tough to tab foreigners with the Calipari culture tab imo.

He's green but as high a basketball ceiling as you'll find in college. Sure, why not?!

Reaction Score
The Kentucky fans think Jamal Mashburn Jr. is a Kentucky lock. :)

I'm not sold on children of super-rich NBA stars. Kids raised with a silver spoon in their mouths tend to have less of the internal fire to be great that kids coming from lesser means seem to have.
I bet Kobe’s daughter was nothing like that. But yeah. I get it.

Reaction Score
We should absolutely be contacting him. Raw talent and an area of need. I wouldn't assume he's in love with the idea of enrolling at Arkansas. If he is at all open we should push hard to make him aware of his options. Can Clingan drop him a message?

Reaction Score
Me first!
bonk GIF

Reaction Score
Looks like IU is throwing around money with 3 of the top 15 portal guys going that way. Really, in this day and age who the flock just transfers to IU.

Reaction Score
The initial purpose of NIL was to compensate all players to some degree for their inability to hold jobs around classes, practice and weight training so they'd have some cash. It wasn't intended to have a select few earning millions and driving Maseratis to class. Athletes in non-revenue sports and players who aren't stars on revenue generating teams are not getting the support they need. That's why some type of cap is needed. If not that, then the money should be put into a trust. Not saying she shouldn't get what she can, but NIL puts big wealthy schools at a competitive disadvantage. If something doesn't change, only the power conferences will have sports and the rest of the schools will need to drop athletics. You see it already with the talk of the new organization to replace the NCAA.

Universities are already "salary capped." The cap is $0. Any payments above that are subject to NCAA punishment.

Players sued and won their right to make money for their name, image, and likeness use. To make a rule regarding this would violate this court finding.

The NCAA cannot prevent Vuori from giving money to Olivia Dunne to wear their tight-fitting athletic wear. This is American dammit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom