The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well that 10 run inning was way overdue!
Unbelievable. We can't score a run to save our lives for two weeks, and then we blow through a month's worth of production in one inning.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Big series with the Cards starting tonight. These four home games against the team with MLB's best record should tell us a lot about where we stand.

Syndergaard looked great yesterday. And I'm glad to see that Gomez is not concussed--that was scary. I was also impressed at how Syndergaard responded to what had to be a pretty unsettling experience for him, too.

Need Harvey to come up big tonight.

Reaction Score
If you guys aren't following comedian Jim Breuer on Facebook, you should. Big Mets fan and he posts a recap video after every game. Hilarious. Here's a youtube mix of some from this season:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The more Collins says there is no panic, the more it feels like there is. It's no surprise that the Nats have overtaken us, but we're really not looking consistently good for the past 20+ games.

We need someone not named Harvey to step it up on the starting rotation, starting today with deGrom.

And we need somebody--anybody--to score some runs. I see Collins has Lagares leading off today--let's see if that can jump start things.

We should have the better of today's match-up. Need to win these.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That Jake deGrom guy...I think he's gonna stick.

Reaction Score
Time for Alderson to go out and get another bat from outside the organization.

Can't keep throwing away good pitching because this offense can't score 3-4 runs a game.

While the return of Wright and D'arnaud will help the lineup is still a bat short.

I'm not saying Tulo just another bat to throw into the mix. Would love it to be an OF as a hedge against Cuddyer and Grandy both not doing what they were brought here to do.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Going to game tonight. Should be an interesting series. Bucs are underperforming and have looked pathetic for most of the past week. Offense can't get big hits (particularly Cutch, Pedro, Polanco) leading to obscene LOB numbers (tied a record from 1940 stranding 18 in one recent game), starters other than Cole/AJ giving up big 1st innings, middle relief sucks (you want Bastardo?).

Mets are not the ideal staff for Bucs to finally break out of their offensive doldrums. But I'm hoping it does. Cutch and Pedro like hitting against you guys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn. Wright's rehab is shut down again and he's diagnosed with spinal stenosis, and now Harvey is getting crushed with rockets out of the park. Coles got the best of Syndergaard last night. All of a sudden our pitching and offense are very mediocre, to add to our already-iffy defense.

Doesn't sound good for Wright's return, at least not any time soon. And this isn't a condition that goes away.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sorry you guys had to run into the Bucs when they finally got their act together. We were way overdue for a buttload of runs.

Impressive showing by Mets fans on Saturday though. Never seen any other opponent take over the upper LF stands like they did. Well at least not since the Pirates got decent.

But what is with the Mets equipment manager giving a crappy reliever Kooz's number 36?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The Wilpons need to be run outta town on a rail. Maybe the 7 train.
We are fielding a Rock Cats quality lineup. The hitters have caught up to our pitchers, and our hitters are pathetic.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We are not beating out the Nationals and the wild card will not be coming from our division.

Reaction Score
Wow Syndegaard had a great day huh? Not only shut the Phils out for 7 1/3 with 6K's but hit a 430ft HR to the opposite field basically. Nice swing, real nice swing actually and hit a good pitch. May need to find some Ab's for this kid LOL

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As long as we beat up on the bad teams, we'll be in the wild card hunt all year. Hopefully that continues with the Marlins this weekend.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow Syndegaard had a great day huh? Not only shut the Phils out for 7 1/3 with 6K's but hit a 430ft HR to the opposite field basically. Nice swing, real nice swing actually and hit a good pitch. May need to find some Ab's for this kid LOL
Maybe now we saw why he is called Thor.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Well Syndergaard appears to be the real deal. I'm sure he's going to run into some rookie trouble but so far he's looked great.

Thoughts on the 6 man rotation? In general, I'm a fan of it as a short term move to help limit innings for Colon/Harvey/Thor and give Niese extra rest between starts to help that pesky shoulder of his. I think it will shake itself out by the trade deadline (Niese or Gee will be traded) so it will only cost each starter a couple of starts when all is said and done.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Immortalized by its dramatic appearance at the monumental 1986 World Series Championship in which it entered the field of play following the culmination of the Game Seven win, it promptly ran out of power adding further delight to the victory celebration:

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/the-new-york-sale-n09215/lot.26.html
Interesting that this sold for $115K (far above the 30K predicted) during the auction but when I walk by the Sotheby's Garage, it's still sitting there. Which one of you failed to pick it up?
224N09215_829W4_spread.jpg

Reaction Score
I think the 6 man rotation could work...for a while. Gee was pissed about it, and I'm sure the guys all are as they are "creatures of habit." That being said once it goes through a couple times in the order I think it's a good thing for this year.

I also think Gee or Niese will be gone...preferably Niese.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think the 6 man rotation could work...for a while. Gee was pissed about it, and I'm sure the guys all are as they are "creatures of habit." That being said once it goes through a couple times in the order I think it's a good thing for this year.

I also think Gee or Niese will be gone...preferably Niese.
Yeah I doubt any of them are thrilled about it but for Gee and Niese are fortunate to even have spots in the rotation right now given how Syndergaard has looked and the fact that they have a lefty that sits at 94 mph in AAA with an era under 2.00.

Around the deadline, I'd like to see Niese traded and Gee in the bullpen with the rotation being Harvey, deGrom, Colon, Syndergaard, and Matz.

To me Harvey is the funniest. I get that he wants to pitch as often as possible because he's a hall of fame competitor blah blah blah but his numbers are undeniably better when he has at least 5 days rest.

Reaction Score
Another thing I heard them talking about earlier today is how Noah being around and all of the attention he's getting will do nothing but motivate Harvey. Competition is always good between team mates. What's funny is I think about the ST game where Wright had to speak to him and Parnell threw his plate across the room...and ironically Noah's done more for this team in 4 games than those two have all year.

Next years rotation come June: Harvey/Noah/Matz/Degrom/Wheeler. I'm still scared one of Noah or Matz will be gone. Would prefer Wheeler or DeGrom...it's awfully hard to pay 5 aces,, especially for Fred and Jeff Coupon so I'm sure I'll never see that rotation.

Alum86

Reaction Score
I am okay with the 6 man rotation. Basically they all will get 3 less starts. Really excited about these arms, The Dark Knight may end up as third behind deGrom and Noah.
I also thought Colon was worth the big money last year. He has earned it. Innings eater. Worth more than the $ we threw at Wright

Alum86

Reaction Score
Next years rotation come June: Harvey/Noah/Matz/Degrom/Wheeler. I'm still scared one of Noah or Matz will be gone. Would prefer Wheeler or DeGrom...it's awfully hard to pay 5 aces,, especially for Fred and Jeff Coupon so I'm sure I'll never see that rotation.

deGrom is not being traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99