The Big Ten should add UConn and BC for East Coast Supremacy | The Boneyard

The Big Ten should add UConn and BC for East Coast Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
We've been talking about BU in the other thread and that probably makes more sense for the B1G. College football has little traction in Boston, UConn provides a nearby site for B1G alumni to watch football, and they don't need to pay full share for an all-sports team when they can get significant traction in Boston through non-football BU with probably a 1/10 share payout.

Moreover, research/AAU is very important to the B1G, they seem to be strategically realigning the athletics to provide money and research support to the academic sides, and BU is much stronger in research than BC, which is an undergraduate institution.

Finally, they have a strategic rivalry with the ACC and leaving the ACC with an albatross of a BC athletics program, further weakened by the rise of UConn and BU in the B1G, would help reduce the ACC's per-school financial intake. If they hope to pry UVa or UNC loose from the ACC, keeping weak money-draining northeastern schools in the ACC is good for them.

So I would guess BU makes more sense than BC to Delany. It also gets rid of all the lawsuit, exit fee, GoR, raiding-P5 ill will.

Reaction Score
What the hell does BC have to do with East Coast supremacy?

Don't believe it but if the Big said take it or leave it you would say "no I can't swallow going with BC"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't give a blank if it's UConn and Trinity, UConn and Conn College, UConn and Rhode Island College, UConn and Tufts, UConn and Colby, UConn and Bowdoin, UConn and Smith College or even, gulp, UConn and BC as long as it's UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't give a blank if it's UConn and Trinity, UConn and Conn College, UConn and Rhode Island College, UConn and Tufts, UConn and Colby, UConn and Bowdoin, UConn and Smith College or even, gulp, UConn and BC as long as it's UConn.
... UConn and Tehran U...it doesn't matter just get us the hell out.

Reaction Score
Don't believe it but if the Big said take it or leave it you would say "no I can't swallow going with BC"

What the duckk does that have to do with my post?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

If BTN is going to value sports other than football for future content, then it's not a bad play. BC doesn't fit the "B1G mold" in that it is a smaller private school, not a flagship (not even a flagship of its own city), and not AAU. But the angle that you're playing in your post is probably the best one for the pair: TV markets and an instant rivalry. So far, expansion hasn't given two sh1ts about rivalries so this would be a refreshing change. And if the BTN is valuing sports other than football, UCONN hoops and BC hockey would bring GREAT winter content to the network.

Reaction Score
If BTN is going to value sports other than football for future content, then it's not a bad play. BC doesn't fit the "B1G mold" in that it is a smaller private school, not a flagship (not even a flagship of its own city), and not AAU. But the angle that you're playing in your post is probably the best one for the pair: TV markets and an instant rivalry. So far, expansion hasn't given two sh1ts about rivalries so this would be a refreshing change. And if the BTN is valuing sports other than football, UCONN hoops and BC hockey would bring GREAT winter content to the network.
I would say it is a very long shot. But then again, BC as a school is very similar to ND. BC in the B1G looking down on ND in the ACC? Very interesting indeed.

Reaction Score
untitled.png

Jim Delany "Nah. We'll take UConn and Virginia Tech". Mic drop ...

Reaction Score
I would say it is a very long shot. But then again, BC as a school is very similar to ND. BC in the B1G looking down on ND in the ACC? Very interesting indeed.
BC is worthless. Don't give them any credence. Flush them down the toilet with FSU. That's where they belong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Notre Dame guys call BC "fredo".....the weak brother.
Fredo, went against the family. It goes back to the Big East considering them traitors.

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame guys call BC "fredo".....the weak brother.
I loathe BC more than the next guy. But bringing big-time college football (B1G) to Boston would most likely help even that hapless program.

Reaction Score
I loathe BC more than the next guy. But bringing big-time college football (B1G) to Boston would most likely help even that hapless program.
Why would want them to be helped. Let their nightmare come true. UConn to P5, BC back to the shadows.

Reaction Score
I don't want to help BC at all. I'm just saying, if B1G and ND isn't happening, perhaps the fat little cousin gets the invite. Imagine BC, UCONN, and RU in the B1G while the ACC hangs its hat on SU? Game over.
I am just tired of CR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman