Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
There is so much talent in UConn practices this upcoming season its overwhelming. We are 2-3 deep at EVERY position with incredible talented players. Will only make this year's team better. I count 7-8 guys on this roster with LEGIT NBA potential. Great addition and awesome work by KO and the staff. Cant wait for this kid to develop.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Also, an interesting tidbit:

• 4/5 star players on 2016-17 roster: Purvis, Facey, Hamilton (if he stays), Adams, Larrier, Enoch, Diarra
  • 3 star players: Cassell Jr., Brimah
Pretty sure that there were a good number of Calhoun teams that weren't as dominated with 4/5 star players. The talent level of this program is without question on the rise.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score

• 4/5 star players on 2016-17 roster: Purvis, Facey, Hamilton (if he stays), Adams, Larrier, Enoch, Diarra
Pretty sure that there were a good number of Calhoun teams that weren't as dominated with 4/5 star players. The talent level of this program is without question on the rise.
It will make practices extremely competitive and make everyone better. I also can't believe Brimah was a 3-star. He plays like a 5 star.

Reaction Score
well this is kind of nuts. still think we need an 'ace recruiter' on the staff :eek:

What we really need is one of these:
latest

...So kids can just forget what bad choices they made, then they continue on in the ecstasy of UConn.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Not positive but I think most of the guys that played for Calhoun were 4 stars. He just brought in top 20 talent less often than other top tier programs.

Reaction Score
Awesome, he gets a year of practice to go up against Dham, Brimah, and Miller. A heck of a practice player to help prepare our guys this year, even though he can't play this year he can help us in scouting out teams and push our guys.

Reaction Score
In my euphoria may have missed it, but this will really help DHam. He is such a monster talent, but playing against a potentially better athlete (DHam has the skills, but not elite athleticism) will make him better. One of my big questions will DHam make that jump to elite player, or will he get down on himself like he did several times last year when things went awry. This is a win-win on so many levels, but I love what this does for DHam, who goes from practicing against less talented guys at his position to practicing against a peer who has as much or more athleticism! Toughen him up, because the sky's the limit for him!!!

Great job by the staff, esp KO!

In KO we trust!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It will make practices extremely competitive and make everyone better. I also can't believe Brimah was a 3-star. He plays like a 5 star.
No right now he plays like a 3 star. He can block shots against inferior players but can do little else. He was being benched for Nolan at the end of the year. Does he have potential sure but he needs to work on his strength and post moves before he sniffs the NBA. He is an adequate center at most right now due to getting pushed around by most legit centers and he can't rebound or score unless it is a dunk from an alley-oop.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Awesome, he gets a year of practice to go up against Dham, Brimah, and Miller. A heck of a practice player to help prepare our guys this year, even though he can't play this year he can help us in scouting out teams and push our guys.
Having that quality player on the team but being unable to play him is like having a Ferrari in the garage.

Reaction Score
No right now he plays like a 3 star. He can block shots against inferior players but can do little else. He was being benched for Nolan at the end of the year. Does he have potential sure but he needs to work on his strength and post moves before he sniffs the NBA. He is an adequate center at most right now due to getting pushed around by most legit centers and he can't rebound of score unless it is a dunk.
Ignored your first comment in this thread about how this was 'make or break for KO', but this i cannot ignore. he was dpoy for a reason, had plenty of very good games against the top of the conference. just didn't close the year out well.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not positive but I think most of the guys that played for Calhoun were 4 stars. He just brought in top 20 talent less often than other top tier programs.

You're right, but it seems like ~80% 4 stars was a little much. Keep in mind that Calhoun had much better luck with his 3-stars than Ollie has so far -- Emeka is the ultimate success stories, but Craig Austrie was a 3-star who gave us four years of extremely serviceable play.

I think the big difference is that there will be no Nolan/Samuel types who showed some stuff but made people pull their hair out in frustration more often than not.

Reaction Score
Ignored your first comment in this thread about how this was 'make or break for KO', but this i cannot ignore. he was dpoy for a reason, had plenty of very good games against the top of the conference. just didn't close the year out well.
Huh? Against what good front court players did he play well? Duke? No way. Smu no way, cincy no way, Stanford no way Memphis no way. He had most of his good games against weaker front lines. He needs to come back stronger and with some semblance of a post game. Hopefully having a full off season will help. He is the weakest link in the starting line up but it probably won't matter as we won it two years ago with weak canters. I do hope he can improve though.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
No right now he plays like a 3 star. He can block shots against inferior players but can do little else. He was being benched for Nolan at the end of the year. Does he have potential sure but he needs to work on his strength and post moves before he sniffs the NBA. He is an adequate center at most right now due to getting pushed around by most legit centers and he can't rebound or score unless it is a dunk from an alley-oop.
I think his 19 point/12 reb performance against Memphis (best front court in the conference) this year immediately refutes everything you posted.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Huh? Against what good front court players did he play well? Duke? No way. Smu no way, cincy no way, Stanford no way Memphis no way. He had most of his good games against weaker front lines. He needs to come back stronger and with some semblance of a post game. Hopefully having a full off season will help. He is the weakest link in the starting line up but it probably won't matter as we won it two years ago with weak canters. I do hope he can improve though.

A short while ago, we were starting Tyler Olander at center. AB leaves much to be desired but he is more than adequate given the team around him.

Reaction Score

Didn't Brimah put up 19 and 12 in the game at Memphis?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
13 and 6 against Cincy, 19 and 12 against Memphis, 12 and 6 against Temple, etc. You're just wrong man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom