Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is an enormous get which eases the pressure on Ollie to land a stud SF/PF in the class of 2016 (I think a SG/SF, to eventually replace Purvis, is probably still necessary) and which lessens the impact in case Hamilton departs for the NBA. It's also a big deal to, like with Gibbs, beat out a notable P5 program.

Apparently something about Ollie or the program resonates better with these older transfers than it did with the 2015 high school kids.

On Larrier, what's the consensus on why his numbers were mediocre at VCU? Difficulty adjusting to the college game? Not utilized well?

Reaction Score
This is an enormous get which eases the pressure on Ollie to land a stud SF/PF in the class of 2016 (I think a SG/SF, to eventually replace Purvis, is probably still necessary) and which lessens the impact in case Hamilton departs for the NBA. It's also a big deal to, like with Gibbs, beat out a notable P5 program.

Apparently something about Ollie or the program resonates better with these older transfers than it did with the 2015 high school kids.

On Larrier, what's the consensus on why his numbers were mediocre at VCU? Difficulty adjusting to the college game? Not utilized well?

He did not have a bad freshman season. He played on a legitTop 25 team (until their point guard went out for the year). The team wasn't about "him."

Reaction Score
I'll defer to your judgement given that when Okafor was recruited, weeknight games were past my bedtime. But I seem to recall people here mentioning him being outside the Top 100.
He shot up the recruiting rankings after playing very well the spring of his senior year before he committed to UConn. He wasn't in the top 100 before that. He was actually ranked between 59 and 87 from the recruiting sites that had him ranked (https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/2001-final). 99 was his composite ranking taking into account that some sites hadn't ranked him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Haha love it. The thread goes like this /\///\_______________________ from talking about larrier and our lineup to shltting on the team and hijacking the thread about random topics.

Reaction Score
Did anyone see him play for VCU last season? I was wondering what his handle is like. I don't like playing guys at the 3 who can't handle the ball. We've seen enough of how detrimental it is.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

A reality check of who talking BS and who was speaking the truth?

Reaction Score
I'll defer to your judgement given that when Okafor was recruited, weeknight games were past my bedtime. But I seem to recall people here mentioning him being outside the Top 100.
Okafer was a three star when he graduated HS. After working with a coach and listing weights all summer, he gained skill and twenty pounds of muscle, and he was 4+ by the time he got to Stores. Calhoun's luck was finding a kid with that much self-discipline.

Reaction Score
He did not have a bad freshman season. He played on a legitTop 25 team (until their point guard went out for the year). The team wasn't about "him."

I should have specified his shooting numbers were mediocre: 34% overall and 26% from 3 -- looks like most of his shots were 3's. In fact, his overall shooting profile isn't too dissimilar from Omar Calhoun last year.

I'm inclined to give Larrier the benefit of the doubt here; I'm just curious what the likely explanation is.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I should have specified his shooting numbers were mediocre: 34% overall and 26% from 3 -- looks like most of his shots were 3's. In fact, his overall shooting profile isn't too dissimilar from Omar Calhoun last year.

I'm inclined to give Larrier the benefit of the doubt here; I'm just curious what the likely explanation is.
I believe others have said he is really athletic but raw. Theoretically the ideal type of player to give a year of practice to.

Reaction Score
Okafer was a three star when he graduated HS. After working with a coach and listing weights all summer, he gained skill and twenty pounds of muscle, and he was 4+ by the time he got to Stores. Calhoun's luck was finding a kid with that much self-discipline.

Uhhh----the rankings come out long before high school graduation. He was top 100 before he graduated.

Reaction Score
So this means we can nickname our defense "Havoc". Nice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom