Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier to Transfer to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think his 19 point/12 reb performance against Memphis (best front court in the conference) this year immediately refutes everything you posted.
or 13/6/4 blocks in 35 minutes for a ncaat team in cincy. or how about how he shut down the rim in the second half vs dayton? I guess these games don't count

Reaction Score

The 6'8" wing averaged 6.6 points and 3 rebounds during his freshman season at VCU. Per NCAA rules, Larrier must sit out the 2015-2016 season, but will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Larrier played sparingly in his lone season at VCU, but was a highly regarded prospect coming out of high school, ranking 34th in his class by 247.

From ESPN's Scouting Report: "He's exciting in that he meshes explosiveness, length with untapped upside. He's a classic "run and jump" athlete so it's no surprise when he explodes at the rim. He's got enough of an offensive game to get by. He is really good with the ball in his hands scoring over small defenders. He see's the floor well and is a gifted passer.

The kid has swagger. He wants the ball and isn't afraid to make plays in the open floor. He'll be viewed as an exciting work in progress. Serious upside with him and he may not be done growing. Could even wind up as a point forward."

Here is Larrier's high school mixtape:

Booke end with Diarra. Great job KO. I was so, so wrong with my pessimism in March!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Or his 7 blocks against Memphis on senior night. I guess that doesn't count either.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen people shrug off his block numbers and act like those don't matter. Yes his rebounding needs to improve, but there are plenty more ways to impact the game than rebounding.

Reaction Score
I've lost count of how many times I've seen people shrug off his block numbers and act like those don't matter. Yes his rebounding needs to improve, but there are plenty more ways to impact the game than rebounding.

Especially on this roster. With Hamilton and Miller both being stud rebounders, I'd rather have Brimah focus on blocks.

Reaction Score
You're right, but it seems like ~80% 4 stars was a little much. Keep in mind that Calhoun had much better luck with his 3-stars than Ollie has so far -- Emeka is the ultimate success stories, but Craig Austrie was a 3-star who gave us four years of extremely serviceable play.

I think the big difference is that there will be no Nolan/Samuel types who showed some stuff but made people pull their hair out in frustration more often than not.

Okafor was a 4 star.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You're right, but it seems like ~80% 4 stars was a little much. Keep in mind that Calhoun had much better luck with his 3-stars than Ollie has so far -- Emeka is the ultimate success stories, but Craig Austrie was a 3-star who gave us four years of extremely serviceable play.

I think the big difference is that there will be no Nolan/Samuel types who showed some stuff but made people pull their hair out in frustration more often than not.
Fair point. I actually meant to edit something in about how we have 4 more schollies to fill for next year and if two go to 3 star players then it will be 4 out of 13 which was probably about the norm for Calhoun. Of course if KO can fill them all with 4/5* players...

Reaction Score
This is a win-win on so many levels, but I love what this does for DHam, who goes from practicing against less talented guys at his position to practicing against a peer who has as much or more athleticism! Toughen him up, because the sky's the limit for him!!!

Reminds me of Shabazz and Boat having to practice against Purvis all year. This pickup has immediate benefit....not just 2016 benefit. Love what this means for DHam improvement as you said!

If the starting 5 is Gibbs/Purvis/DHam/Miller/Brimah as many project....they'll have to practice every day against Adams/Calhoun/Larrier/Facey/Nolan. That's incredible.

Reaction Score
I think his 19 point/12 reb performance against Memphis (best front court in the conference) this year immediately refutes everything you posted.
Best front court? No smu and cincy had better front courts. He is weak and duke and Kentucky centers have showed he is far from being elite. I hope he improves with a full off season but his game is very limited.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Okafor was a 4 star.

I'll defer to your judgement given that when Okafor was recruited, weeknight games were past my bedtime. But I seem to recall people here mentioning him being outside the Top 100.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Shabazz and Boat having to practice against Purvis all year. This pickup has immediate benefit....not just 2016 benefit. Love what this means for DHam improvement as you said!

If the starting 5 is Gibbs/Purvis/DHam/Miller/Brimah as many project....they'll have to practice every day against Adams/Calhoun/Larrier/Facey/Nolan. That's incredible.

You forgot SC2

Reaction Score
No right now he plays like a 3 star. He can block shots against inferior players but can do little else. He was being benched for Nolan at the end of the year. Does he have potential sure but he needs to work on his strength and post moves before he sniffs the NBA. He is an adequate center at most right now due to getting pushed around by most legit centers and he can't rebound or score unless it is a dunk from an alley-oop.

Apparently, the defnition of "adquate" picks up a junior who, in two years, has a ring and a conference DPOY award. Congratulations. I was going to post how stupid it was to call him "great" but you saved that poster by being just as silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom