Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone thought about the fact there was no mention of them getting out and pushing the bus this time?

All Nolan tweeted was the bus got stuck again. Nothing about them pushing the bus. They likely stayed inside and called a tow truck.

Too much fuss over nothing with this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yeah, wouldn't want those 20 year olds throwing out their backs or breaking any hips falling

u still dont get it and never will. move on if u can't comprehend whats being talked about and why its a issue. ppl read my posts and just flare up becuase i'm anti leadership right now, but are completely missing on the issues. no way should our cash cow be doing anything bus pushing wise or stranded. how come we fudged the travel plans so bad no matter how u want to solve them...this isnt the 1st or even 50ith issue lately, its becoming a huge trend that bad decisions, no plan ning or forsight or vision is lacking. to much of a trend...

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
u still dont get it and never will. move on if u can't comprehend whats being talked about and why its a issue. ppl read my posts and just flare up becuase i'm anti leadership right now, but are completely missing on the issues. no way should our cash cow be doing anything bus pushing wise or stranded. how come we fudged the travel plans so bad no matter how u want to solve them...this isnt the 1st or even 50ith issue lately, its becoming a huge trend that bad decisions, no plan ning or forsight or vision is lacking. to much of a trend...
it's warde and susan's fault that there was a historic blizzard? i guess he wasn't monitoring the weather enough.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it's warde and susan's fault that there was a historic blizzard? i guess he wasn't monitoring the weather enough.

yup, uconn is to cheap to get the weather channel or have computers connected to internet so they can google the weather. getting to that point already...

Reaction Score
Well it's your prerogative to speculate and calculate while I've actually done it

So have I!!!! I just can't believe it takes 3 1/2 hours going 75-80! While Newark was never my destination, I have made this trip maybe 50 times if not more in my life. I used to do it at least 10 times a year for almost a decade. Now I do it only twice a year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So have I!!!! I just can't believe it takes 3 1/2 hours going 75-80! While Newark was never my destination, I have made this trip maybe 50 times if not more in my life. I used to do it at least 10 times a year for almost a decade. Now I do it only twice a year.

yes but when u made the trip did u know that j lamb was hitting on your wife at home?

Reaction Score
Now 2 hours, I buy that. I can get to Storrs in 45 minutes. Storrs to Philly in 4 hours. So, subtract 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 for Philly to Newark, and you're at 2 3/4 for Storrs to Newark.

You arent getting from Branford to UConn in 45 minutes. Hour to hour 15 it takes stop bullshitting.

I live right at the entrance to route 9 in Old Saybrook. Much closer drive than Branford and that takes just under and hour travelling 75. I use to live in east haven for many year and drove to storrs 3 times a week.

Stop with these lies of 45 minutes to storrs from New haven or Branford.

Edit: Just getting off exit 68 is not getting to Storrs. Driving and getting to actual campus is getting to storrs and thats a 10 minute ride from the highway. It takes 30 minutes to get from Storrs to the civic center. It in no way takes only 15 minutes from your driveway in Branford to get to the civic center.

Reaction Score
Dan is overreacting but I see his point.

Trust me Dan there arent bald tires on the bus. CT has very strict laws regulating commercial vehicles and busses. They go through a ton of check ups and regular maintenance. Tires are always checked.

Reaction Score
You arent getting from Branford to UConn in 45 minutes. Hour to hour 15 it takes stop bull ting.

I live right at the entrance to route 9 in Old Saybrook. Much closer drive than Branford and that takes just under and hour travelling 75. I use to live in east haven for many year and drove to storrs 3 times a week.

Stop with these lies of 45 minutes to storrs from New haven or Branford.

Edit: Just getting off exit 68 is not getting to Storrs. Driving and getting to actual campus is getting to storrs and thats a 10 minute ride from the highway. It takes 30 minutes to get from Storrs to the civic center. It in no way takes only 15 minutes from your driveway in Branford to get to the civic center.

East haven to Hartford is 25 minutes, how far Hartford to Storrs?

I'm off Foxon Rd. by the way, not off 95. I'm off 91. Sounds like you're not very aware of how East Haven is configured.

And by the way, when people measure time, they don't account for clearing driveway or tieing their shoes or any of that. It's city to city. That's how you measure driving time. You can be stuck in traffic in your neighborhood, but that's irrelevant.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As I noted yesterday, the roads in NJ are plowed and dry. Issue is in CT.

Faced with the latest installment of 'bliz of century', why didn't those idiots 'PLAN' to travel Thur nite, or even Fri am??
Because the NCAA, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't allow it.

See rule 16.7.2

16.7.2 Departure/Return Restrictions. It is not permissible for a team to depart more than 48 hours prior to or to remain more than 36 hours after an event or to transport the team to another area for entertainment purposes.

In a situation where the 48/36 hour limitation is applicable, an institution that is participating in a multicompetition or multi-day event (e.g., conference tournament) may depart 48 hours prior to the event’s first round of competition (as opposed to 48 hours prior to the institution’s first scheduled competition), and may remain 36 hours after the conclusion of the last contest (even if they are not participating in the final contest). 6/94 Official Interpretation.

16.7.2.1 Exceptions. The time limitations related to the provisions of travel expenses do not apply in the following circumstances:
(a) Travel prior to and following contests in Hawaii or Alaska;
(b) Travel prior to and following contest in the 48 contiguous states for member institutions located in Hawaii or Alaska;
(c) Travel prior to and following regular season competition that takes place during the institution’s official vacation period during the academic year;
(d) Travel prior to contests in NCAA championship events, NGB championship events in emerging sports or certified postseason football games

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

How fast are you driving? 25 minutes seems awfully quick, even if you live right next to exit 8.

Reaction Score
How fast are you driving? 25 minutes seems awfully quick, even if you live right next to exit 8.

75-78. I do drive fast, but I figured that's within what the original post in question.

C

Chief00

When Lew was AD there would have been a couple plows in front of the bus. Warde is not good on details, that has become clear.

Reaction Score

I'm off Foxon Rd. by the way, not off 95. I'm off 91. Sounds like you're not very aware of how East Haven is configured.

And by the way, when people measure time, they don't account for clearing driveway or tieing their shoes or any of that. It's city to city. That's how you measure driving time. You can be stuck in traffic in your neighborhood, but that's irrelevant.

You said you were from Branford so which is it Branford or East Haven? So care to tell me I dont know east haven or do you want to misdirect from the Original comment it takes 45 minutes from branford? It sounds like you are talking strictly highway time and dont care to acknowledge the time it takes to get to the highway or the time it takes one you get off the highway. If you live in Branford it takes 10 minutes to get to 91. Thats 55 minutes right there then another 10-15 minutes once you get off exit 68. Thats 65-70 minutes. That is not 45 minutes and no absolutely no one uses only highway time when talking driving. That would be like me telling someone from Greenwhich that it only takes 35 minutes to get from Greenwhich to my parents house in Madison. My parents live 15 minutes off 95... Zero traffic, a million cars on the road 15 minutes is the quickest you can make it to the highway from their house... that gets added into travel time.

Branford you can either take back roads and catch 91 in wallingford or jump on 95 and go southbound into New Haven and catch 91 there or you can go northbound and catch route 9 or 395. Any way you take you aren't getting to Storrs in 45 minutes NONE ZERO.

I lived in East Haven fro 15 years. Dont for one second say I dont know East Haven. The Eblens use to be across the street from where it is now. The Krousers use to be a WAWA. I was in East haven before route 80 was expanded and just after the new high school was built with a grand piano in the foyer. I remember when 90% of East Haven use to be Italians now its no longer like that.

And 91 does not pass through east haven so the question is are you familiar with east haven? You have to physically drive into new haven from east haven down 80 up the hill past the car wash, autozone, and taco bell then past walmart and catch 91 by chuck and eddies.

Reaction Score

LOL

From the East Haven/New Haven line (foxon rd/foxon boulevard) is 37 miles shortest distance. Even at 80 miles and hour you arent getting there in 25 minutes. Plain and simple your travel times are very inaccurate.

Reaction Score
Because the NCAA, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't allow it.

See rule 16.7.2

So what would have happened if this 'blizzard' actually prohibited the team from traveling - or worse, an accident transpired. A forfeit? Fines?? Law suit??

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan,
If you want to be taken seriously, try spell check and use proper grammar.

extremely poor atempt on your behalf to enter into this thread. #trollharder #CWO #cooleyisnotagamecoachaswealltoldu,hesjustaloudandhalfbaldgoonshow

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
When Lew was AD there would have been a couple plows in front of the bus. Warde is not good on details, that has become clear.

a frucking men

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hey don't stop the stupidity! Let's get the to 20 pages!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey don't stop the stupidity! Let's get the to 20 pages!

u know what? how come snow ploys in this state are orange? becasue they make them easy to see and hopefully that prevents accidents? well , paint them all blue and lets drive our bus behind them from now on. even in the summer. w/e it takes for warde to learn a lesson.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
At the front of a column about the C7 media contract Jacobs has this quote from KO:

If only every Big East story had a problem-solver like Scott Kirkpatrick of Peter Pan.

"Scott was great; he's one of the most remarkable bus drivers I've ever been around," coach Kevin Ollie said after UConn had polished off Seton Hall 78-67 Sunday at Prudential Center. "He got us here at a reasonable hour. We had a successful trip.

"It was tough. Every entrance we tried to get on the freeway, I-91, I-691, just try to find somewhere [to get on] and there was always a truck on the entrance way. He didn't get frustrated. We didn't frustrated. We had a job to do. That's why I talked about the excuses. They didn't make none. I'm glad we've got Scott. I would have turned back around."
Naw. that guy and throw 'im under da bus!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
At the front of a column about the C7 media contract Jacobs has this quote from KO:

Naw. that guy and throw 'im under da bus!

sounds like the bus driver wasn't the issue and it was the bad weather and decision to go for it. welp with this glaring review about this diseny character probelm solver, i say hire him as ad. not like it can get any worse right now right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom