Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan, these posts are even more idiotic than usual. What gives? What's your theory on your parents murders?

Reaction Score
Good lord.

It's about 160 miles from Storrs, Connecticut to Newark, New Jersey.

It's a duck*ing noon start - you don't roll out of bed and transport a basketball team three hours by bus with a noon start. Ever hear of traffic? Accidents? No?

Freaking hayseeds are ruining my internets.

I didn't get that far. I couldn't get past the idea that college students could go to bed at 7 pm.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Good lord.

It's a duck*ing noon start - you don't roll out of bed and transport a basketball team three hours by bus with a noon start. Ever hear of traffic? Accidents? No?

so instead u let them sit on a bus for 5 hours. gotcha. how come thr roads were bad enough that was some how got stuck but delaying the game a hour or 2 wasn't a thought? not like sny has a must watch mets rerun 2moro on at 2pm. tuff road conditions. why are we putting our team at risk at all??? realistically storrs to newark will be 2 to 21/2 hours sunday morning becuase no one will be on the roads. 8am nyc is not rush hour. ppl have yet to eve dig out. hayseeds defend the idiotic decisions this ath dept makes every single day over and over again. im starting to think most here have blue glasses to much becuase of degrees which is fine, but its making some of u look silly.

when the new brand comes out, lets see how many of u defend it. when marketing doesn't change this summer for tickets, lets here some of u say not a big deal. when the bball pf gets delayed a half year, will love to hear your 2 cents. its fine to eat other fans alive thru blue glasses, i do also. but when it comes to uconn issues, take them off and realize the reason the past 5 years have been so bad is we had bad leadership and now were going down the path once again. does the president seem like a upgrade? sure. but its becoming very obvious day after day she has no clue about athletics besides she needs them. she hired a rockstar. most of u went gogogaga over at the time. what has he done i ask u? name 1 thing? just 1? he didn't can a sole on the fball team. he delayed KO. he waited until 2013 to change academic pressures on recruiting. did we win in the xl/rent management issue as a school? the acc invite worked out well on a island in the atlantic. then there are a million little small things. blue ties and twitter mistakes and student signs. well this is in the middle somewhere.

i'm glad the kids life risk wise is zero but playing a game vs shu at noon on a sunday when we can't play in the post season, shu is leaving us and who gives a flying fruck about them anyway is extremely important. makes all the frucking sense in the world. bravo. we had a bad snowstorm, it happens, delay the game a coupe hours or figure something out. the rest of this winter has been nothing bad. ye tthe bus keeps gettings stuck. blad tires? old driver making tuff decision now? what is it? how about next snow storm we send the bus out with the kids on it during the worst part. if it flips, welp we didn't see that coming.

listen, did warde make the decision to send the bus at 4pm today? no, someone in the ath dept who handles the teams travel plans does. but thats under warde and its benn bs thing one after the other lately. at some point the boss has to wake up or get out. there had to be a better decision made 2night. delay the game 2 hours so uconn can leave in the morning, do a crunch time thing 2moro leaving early or something. lville flew in for there game in hartford the day of very close to game time becuase of weather, remember??? so don't even try to hayseed me with bs. 2night a questionable decision was made to let the team travel and the result was not tragic but it was messy. the result was a uconn sports bus getting stuck for the 3rd time this winter sports wise. time for someone to ask who what when where why. its not like we have had crazy snow this year until today. and wtf would we ever let our price ponys push a bus on a highway is beyond me but thats another issue.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, these posts are even more idiotic than usual. What gives? What's your theory on your parents murders?

i killed them because our fball coach likes cuse and rutgers more than uconn.

Reaction Score
dan, do you think the Huskies are the only one's who had traveling problems in the Northeast? You are being ridiculous about this issue and making a dusting of snow into Storm Charlotte at this point!!

Reaction Score
Good lord.

Never mind that the roads are not much better now than they were last night.

Reaction Score
WTF: Basketball kids pushing a freakin bus???

Hell Ya.....................................Now that's much better than taking some weak ass stairs!!

The new UConn.

Reaction Score
As I noted yesterday, the roads in NJ are plowed and dry. Issue is in CT.

Faced with the latest installment of 'bliz of century', why didn't those idiots 'PLAN' to travel Thur nite, or even Fri am??

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
its time warde either puts new tiers on the thing or finds a driver who knows how to drive. not sure which is the issue, but we live in new england. not frucking florida. tired of seeing such stupid small things repeat itself. it may be funny and cute to look at a instagram picture of our bball team pushing a bus on 84, but its not. thats pretty low on the list of do nots for our bball players. uconn basketball isn't some rinky dink bs d3 program. were a powerhouse and money making program. one slip and fall or back pull etc can cost us a lot more than we think. cut the bs warde.

He has to invest in a set of these!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How or why they didnt strangle you in the crib is beyond me.
They did! They just didn't complete the job!:) All kidding aside, not sure why his commentary (ranting) bothers people! I'm more interested in how the guy puts out these stream of conscious posts on several boards while keeping up what's going on in the world. His football recruitment knowledge is way ahead of most guys who are getting paid big bucks for that job and I'm positive his interest is only a sideline!

Reaction Score

Faced with the latest installment of 'bliz of century', why didn't those idiots 'PLAN' to travel Thur nite, or even Fri am??
This is the real question.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
realistically storrs to newark will be 2 to 21/2 hours sunday morning becuase no one will be on the roads.
I am from New Jersey and made the trip to and from Storrs many times during my undergrad. Even when I was flying doing 75-80 the whole way without any traffic, it took me 3 1/2 hours. I only live about a half hour South of Newark. Add in how even major highways are still only down to 2 lanes, you can guarantee there will be delays.

You clearly are talking out your ass.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It is stupid that the team is out there risking injury pushing the bus.
It is stupid that they didn't just leave this morning and push the game back to 7 PM (Devils are in Pittsburgh).

That said, Dan is still, by and large, insane.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

That would require missing more days of class than they already miss. Academics have got to be #1, especially after this whole APR mess

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It is stupid that the team is out there risking injury pushing the bus.
It is stupid that they didn't just leave this morning and push the game back to 7 PM (Devils are in Pittsburgh).

That said, Dan is still, by and large, insane.
Yeah, wouldn't want those 20 year olds throwing out their backs or breaking any hips falling

Reaction Score
I am from New Jersey and made the trip to and from Storrs many times during my undergrad. Even when I was flying doing 75-80 the whole way without any traffic, it took me 3 1/2 hours. I only live about a half hour South of Newark. Add in how even major highways are still only down to 2 lanes, you can guarantee there will be delays.

You clearly are talking out your ass.

How is that even possible? 160 miles at 75-80 and uh 3 1/2 hours?
I get from Branford to Philly in 3 hours.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
How is that even possible? 160 miles at 75-80 and uh 3 1/2 hours?
I get from Branford to Philly in 3 hours.
I've done it literally dozens of times. Might not be quite as fast as taking the Merrit (287 over the Tappan Zee to 684 to 84, although the speed limit isn't 55 most of the way like it is for the Merrit), but regardless the idea that you can get from Storrs to Newark in anywhere close to 2 hours is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
I've done it literally dozens of times. Might not be quite as fast as taking the Merrit (287 over the Tappan Zee to 684 to 84, although the speed limit isn't 55 most of the way like it is for the Merrit), but regardless the idea that you can get from Storrs to Newark in anywhere close to 2 hours is ludicrous.

Now 2 hours, I buy that. I can get to Storrs in 45 minutes. Storrs to Philly in 4 hours. So, subtract 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 for Philly to Newark, and you're at 2 3/4 for Storrs to Newark.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Well it's your prerogative to speculate and calculate while I've actually done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom