Syracuse slapped hard by NCAA | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Syracuse slapped hard by NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're under the impression that Fab actually wrote a 3-5 page paper?
The tipoff was the footnotes. He sent in a picture of a "post it" on his foot.

Reaction Score
As an FYI anyone see the video of Rakeem Christmas coming out for the last time the other night. I can't find it but it looked like JB wanted a hug and RC just reached out with his hand for handshake and didn't even want to really talk. Thought it looked a lot like a "" to me but could be wrong?

Reaction Score
They have made a self imposed ban for this year, but that means little because they have had a crapola year and would have been lucky to make it to the dance. we have our own self imposed ban with a poor season of play. Maybe we will win the AAC tourney and have the ban lifted.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've been reading that Syracuse got a lighter penalty because the NCAA applied the rules in place at the time of the infraction rather than the newer, harsher penalties. I am ok with that. Wish we had been given the same consideration.

Reaction Score
I've been reading that Syracuse got a lighter penalty because the NCAA applied the rules in place at the time of the infraction rather than the newer, harsher penalties. I am ok with that. Wish we had been given the same consideration.

So does that mean the same thing will happen to NC?

Reaction Score
Let's compare a punished Syracuse to an unpunished UCONN as we move forward. UCONN plays in the AAC against lesser known and less desirable schools for high profile college DivI recruits. That combined with the fact that also we are relegated to networks where the game ratings are going to be lower, although our top games against the top couple teams will get viewership. Syracuse loses the scholarships but their games are still big time against Duke, Carolina, Virginia, Notre Dame, Louisville, Georgetown( on sched), and even Pitt. They're on ESPN 1 and 2 all the time with huge national exposure where kids are actually watching ( it's all about TV). On top of that with a shorter bench the coaches can promise the best players that they will get all the PT they can handle, which is what the kids want. Kids don't have to worry as much as new recruits pushing their PT. So who will end up with better players, and how bad is the punishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom