Syracuse Report Coming Today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Report Coming Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It is the same as when they evaluate a team who has had a player injured. The games we played without Amida will be taken into account for us.

If Amida was out because he got suspended for a violation do you think they would take that into account? I dont.

Reaction Score
It is the same as when they evaluate a team who has had a player injured. The games we played without Amida will be taken into account for us.

Except that the NCAA removed Boeheim from their program intentionally, but now they are essentially going to ignore that they did that.

Reaction Score

Except Amida wasn't missing time because of a disciplinary issue. Boeheim was out because the NCAA suspended him. And now that same NCAA is saying that they aren't going to hold the team accountable for their poor play during that suspension. So I ask - what was the point of suspending him?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This situation is actual insanity when compared to the number of appeals UConn had rejected for their post-season ban. Then Cuse's punishment just disappears into thin air for something TOTALLY deserving. Absolutely unfathomable.

Reaction Score
Except Amida wasn't missing time because of a disciplinary issue. Boeheim was out because the NCAA suspended him. And now that same NCAA is saying that they aren't going to hold the team accountable for their poor play during that suspension. So I ask - what was the point of suspending him?
That is not what they are saying, they are saying his suspension will be taken into account when evaluating the team (Rothstien is a moron and his tweet is mislead), it has been discussed all year that his suspension would be viewed the same as that as a player being injured. I agree on the difference though.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
That is not what they are saying, they are saying his suspension will be taken into account when evaluating the team (Rothstien is a moron and his tweet is mislead), it has been discussed all year that his suspension would be viewed the same as that as a player being injured. I agree on the difference though.

So basically if it came down to them or another bubble team getting in then they get preferential treatment. If they are borderline between two seeds they get the bump.

Still doesnt make any sense to me.

Reaction Score
The NCAA suspends him then says the games he was suspended for won't count against them because P5/ACC

Reaction Score
I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out how the NCAA operates. At this point anything that makes logical sense is illogical.

Reaction Score
Wow I should use this excuse the next time I get pulled over for speeding. "But officer, can't you evaluate my driving based on the other 90% of the time I WASN'T speeding?" #NCAAlogic

Reaction Score
So what is the point of banning Boehiem if the games won't be counted in the eyes of the committee? Because Boehiem wasn't on the sidelines, the games don't count? What about teams that beat Cuse in that time? Do their wins not count on Selection Sunday?

Reaction Score
Syracuse is - and has dirt - a dirty program for years and years. They should be made to stay out of any tourneys for five years until it cripples their recruiting for decades to come. Also should be made to leave the ACC.

Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if Rothstein was completely wrong on this

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Never thought I'd read something Goodman posts that I'd agree with or hope is true.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I agree. They can't totally ignore any particular number of a teams' games due to a coaches' absence, especially in a case like Boeheim's where the absence was due to an NCAA rules enforcement penalty. That would be like saying they should have ignored all the games Cronin didn't coach in for Cincy last season, or that Calhoun missed for health reasons during his tenure at UCONN. You'd end up evaluating some teams based on only a handful of games. Cronin was out most of last season.

I think what they're getting at is they can evaluate based on injured players and missing coaches up to a point, perhaps softening the blow a little if a team suffered a particularly bad loss or two during a time they were missing a coach or key player, but the wins and losses still all have to count toward evaluating any team for an at-large bid. Otherwise you'd be selectively favoring teams with a much shorter resume of games to evaluate, against other teams who unfairly had all 30 of their games taken into consideration. If you went 9-1 or 8-2 at full strength with your regular coach, and went 8-12 the rest of the season while missing your coach or a key player, you'd conceivably get an at-large bid, which would be ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Here's some more BS from the NBCsportstalk article:
"However this ruling may not have as big of an impact as it would appear to at first glance. Why? Because in addition to serving as an assistant to Duke Mike Krzyzewski on the USA Basketball coaching staff, Boeheim has also served as chairman of the US Junior National Team Committee since 2005. That means he observes many of the nation’s top prep talent at youth national team tryouts and can interact with them as well.
Will that change due to the NCAA ruling? That’s a question that has yet to be answered, but if Boeheim remains in that role that is one way in which to ensure that elite prospects are still interacting with Syracuse in spite of the recruiting restrictions."

Yet with all this he still can't win another championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom