Syracuse Report Coming Today | The Boneyard

Syracuse Report Coming Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I sense another kick to the Senor's coming. Existing ban enough. Common sense tells me I'm wrong, my cynical mind tells me I'm right...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hopefully some good news (from my point of view.) Could use it after last night's tough loss.

Reaction Score
They better not allow JUST this year. Actually would be great to pull that, let them play in the NIT and not next year. Watch all the recruits jump off the boat.

Reaction Score
So they're not going to announce any potential punishment today, right? Just what they found?

There's no way they get banned from any tournament beyond this year. Syracuse didn't remove themselves from this year's tournament on just a hope and a prayer, they had an agreement that if they did this they'd be clear for future years. That's the benefit of being in a P5.

Might lose some scholarships

Reaction Score
So they're not going to announce any potential punishment today, right? Just what they found?

There's no way they get banned from any tournament beyond this year. Syracuse didn't remove themselves from this year's tournament on just a hope and a prayer, they had an agreement that if they did this they'd be clear for future years. That's the benefit of being in a P5.

Might lose some scholarships
I do not know if they announce the punishment today, I think so though.

Report comes out at noon and press conference at 1pm.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index...._results_of_syracuse_investigation_today.html

Reaction Score
Any punishment that does not include a postseason ban for next season will be considered lenient and the NCAA will be crucified. My guess is that Boeheim will be suspended a few games and they lose a scholarship or two. Anything worse than that and the Cuse may actually regret the violations.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Read the comments. They are calling for the NCAA to "drop the hammer" on the Cuse. But one poster claims that UNC did nothing wrong because those fake classes were taken by 52% non-athletes:rolleyes:. Obviously, a UNC homer...

Those who live in glass houses...
I do not read comments on internet websites, they are all fan boys and uninformed losers. Almost as bad as the people who tweet nonsense to "celebs" on twitter.

Reaction Score
I do not read comments on internet websites, they are all fan boys and uninformed losers. Almost as bad as the people who tweet nonsense to "celebs" on twitter.

I don't either, just noticed.

There are some here who fit your criteria, though. It's called social media, and has not made humanity any better.

Reaction Score

Just pointing out the fact that our program has been labeled cheaters by other fan bases and the media, and so on, it's nice to see this happening to other programs, which seem to have done far much worse.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's not because I abhor Cuse, but anything less than a ban for next year is unacceptable. Most programs propose the self imposed penalties but as in UConn's and most all other cases, the NCAA does what it wants.
If there is not a ban included next year, there should be an investigation into the investigation and decision making.
Banning JB the Picker from a few season starting home games vs Colgate, St Leos and St Rose and a few scholorships for thr next year (after they loaded up for 2015) is not even a slap but a wink.
Different sources, at the onset, have measured the violations from bad to severe while some articles and leaks about the penalties seem to site the violations as being minor but punishable.
Lets see what the violations stated by the NCAA say and lets see if the
penalty(ies) measure up to APR and a few phone calls deserving league tournament and NCAA tournament banishment WITHOUT the ability to choose the timing.

Reaction Score
I think anytime a school self-imposes a postseason ban, the findings are gonna be pretty bad. Hoping the NCAA will see through that and give them another.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is going to set a precedent as is the unc verdict. And espn is burying this all

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hmm

Attachments

• image-2426910223.jpg
    image-2426910223.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
where are we watching this!?
espn has done nothing!

Reaction Score
"The NCAA today ordered Syracuse basketball suspended for nine games as a result of multiple infractions over the past eight years."

What does this mean or is it a typo?

Reaction Score
"SU imposed a postseason ban last month for the current season. The NCAA today banned the university from the postseason for next year."

Good enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman