Syracuse Report Coming Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Report Coming Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1 or 2 glue guys, is huge if you want to compete for a title.

This would have lead us not to take Kromah and Amida last year.

Where would we be without those guys?

But we are totally different than Syracuse for some reason. Look at how our recruiting has gone and how their has gone. This punishment would cripple a team like say Butler/Wichita St/Auburn, random teams without massive followings and tons of devoted fans and history. Syracuse probably can get great recruits without tons of work, because we've seen how many guys cant wait to go there for some strange reason. I bet you'll have a few guys who want to be Cuse's Shabazz, because if great guys come there and have success, the fan base will treat them like gods that were able to tide them over til after this punishment.

I will be completely shocked if this does anything to Syracuse's successes (in the regular season) and recruiting in the long run

Reaction Score
No, no, no. You can't do that. UConn was on probation and lost scholarships. Even last year we were down scholarships. And won the national title.
It is an example. Amida and Kroham were our last 2 signings last year, if we had lost 2 more scholarships then we did, they would not be here.

We were down 1 last year not 3, that is why I only took 2 players off, so yes, yes, yes, I can.

Sorry that it does not fit your narrative though.

Reaction Score
But we are totally different than Syracuse for some reason. Look at how our recruiting has gone and how their has gone. This punishment would cripple a team like say Butler/Wichita St/Auburn, random teams without massive followings and tons of devoted fans and history. Syracuse probably can get great recruits without tons of work, because we've seen how many guys cant wait to go there for some strange reason. I bet you'll have a few guys who want to be Cuse's Shabazz, because if great guys come there and have success, the fan base will treat them like gods that were able to tide them over til after this punishment.

I will be completely shocked if this does anything to Syracuse's successes (in the regular season) and recruiting in the long run
This is just a fanboy "wah Cuse recruits better than us, it is not fair, punish them worse" posts which are pathetic.

Reaction Score
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ignificant-impact-on-syracuse-moving-forward/

Looking beyond next season, with four-star forward Matthew Moyer having verbally committed to Syracuse in the 2016 class Syracuse (at this time) has 12 scholarships accounted for in the 2016-17 season (Cooney and Gbinije moving on). With the scholarship penalties being what they are, that is the first season in which the Orange would be limited to ten available scholarships.

The combination of a reduction in scholarships and less time to recruit off-campus means that Syracuse will need to be even more selective in recruiting. Casting a wide net would not be feasible given the resulting lack of resources.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...eduction-hinders-ability-recruit?refresh=true

"I still will be there," Richardson told ESPN.com. "It's just something everybody will have to deal with, and then the program will be back on track.
-------------
Boeheim tends to use a short rotation and rarely goes 10 or 11-deep, but that's irrelevant to the situation. Syracuse has only had 10 available scholarship players this season -- because of the surprising early departures of Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant and some recruiting misses -- so it's easy to see what happens to a 10-man team. Coleman and McCullough are both out with injuries, while Chinonso Obokoh is not ready for extended minutes yet. Moreover, after Ennis left last spring, freshman Kaleb Joseph was thrust into the starting point guard position a year earlier than expected. Going 18-12 (with one game to play) and being a middle-of-the-pack ACC team is not what Syracuse fans are expecting.

"I think this makes everyone hungrier to win," Howard said. "I think with the talent we have coming in and what's already there we have a chance to make a run. So I think this makes everyone more focus and brings everyone together."

Having only 10 scholarships to use severely hinders a program's ability to build depth or create contingency plans. Syracuse suddenly can't afford to waste a scholarship, meaning they can't really misread or misjudge a player on the recruiting trail, which makes it more difficult to take a transfer who needs to sit out a year.

Not adding to the postseason ban was a good thing for Syracuse's recruiting prospects, but they certainly didn't get off without a punishment. The scholarship reduction will have a significant impact on the Orange's ability to add players until 2020.

Reaction Score
This is just a fanboy "wah Cuse recruits better than us, it is not fair, punish them worse" posts which are pathetic.

wow, reading quite a bit of your own bullsht there... I didn't say anything of the sort

more of a "punish them equally" or not even. We were banished for a postseason, they chose to sit one out and arent banned for one.... its a light sentence for much worse conduct

Reaction Score
wow, reading quite a bit of your own bullsht there... I didn't say anything of the sort

more of a "punish them equally" or not even. We were banished for a postseason, they chose to sit one out and arent banned for one.... its a light sentence for much worse conduct

Nope you sure did not say anything about Cuse's recruiting, or it being better than us, or complaining that it is somehow better than ours.............nope

Reaction Score

Nope you sure did not say anything about Cuse's recruiting, or it being better than us, or complaining that it is somehow better than ours...nope

So what is your point? That we've gotten better recruits than Cuse or that I'm not ever allowed to allude to a true fact because its about Syracuse being more successful at something than UConn?

what is your hangup here big guy?

never once did I say anything along the lines of 'its not fair' or 'punish them worse', so yes... I said that cuse has done better at recruiting than us. Am I supposed to have a labotomy to make you feel better about yourself?

Reaction Score
So what is your point? That we've gotten better recruits than Cuse or that I'm not ever allowed to allude to a true fact because its about Syracuse being more successful at something than UConn?

what is your hangup here big guy?

never once did I say anything along the lines of 'its not fair' or 'punish them worse', so yes... I said that cuse has done better at recruiting than us. Am I supposed to have a labotomy to make you feel better about yourself?
I would ask if you realize each post has been a contradiction of the last, but that may be too much to grasp for you.

Reaction Score
I would ask if you realize each post has been a contradiction of the last, but that may be too much to grasp for you.

Hah! this is hilarious, big word for someone who can barely understand the confusion they've created. You whine about me crying that something is unfair or I want cuse to be punished harsher than they deserve. I never said anything like that, you inferred it. All I said is that Syracuse recruits better than us year after year, which you still havent actually argued (and its true), so the punishments they were dealt mean less to them than they would to us or to dozens of other schools with less ease in recruiting.

Why dont you follow me on twitter, you're very obsessed, stop sniffing my undies while I'm in the shower

Reaction Score
Hah! this is hilarious, big word for someone who can barely understand the confusion they've created. You whine about me crying that something is unfair or I want cuse to be punished harsher than they deserve. I never said anything like that, you inferred it. All I said is that Syracuse recruits better than us year after year, which you still havent actually argued (and its true), so the punishments they were dealt mean less to them than they would to us or to dozens of other schools with less ease in recruiting.

Why dont you follow me on twitter, you're very obsessed, stop sniffing my undies while I'm in the shower

4 > 1

And the argument could be made that they haven't. AD, DD, Boat, is a much better class than they have brought in in the last 4 years, and it = a National Championship.

They've cheated across the board, who's to say they haven't done so in recruiting?

Reaction Score

No we were not, we were banned based on the APR, completely different situation. Our NCAA sanctions for "for failing to create an atmosphere of compliance within the program," which is what Cuse is charged with, were 1 scholly loss for 3 years, and 3 games for Calhoun, 3 years probation, ect.

Lighter punishment in every single aspect.

Reaction Score
I'm piseed because this essentially lets Boeheim finish out his career with a full deck. He was at the helm for all this crap, and This should have been his announcement for retirement.

Reaction Score
So the NCAA has no problem inflicting double jeopardy punishment retroactively for UConn, but Cuse gets it more lenient because....?

Ryan Boatright was suspended/benched for almost as long as Boeheim over a plane ticket. This just makes no sense.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm piseed because this essentially lets Boeheim finish out his career with a full deck. He was at the helm for all this crap, and This should have been his announcement for retirement.
They were even extended the courtesy of finishing their home season before the announcement.

Reaction Score
Anybody else catch Bilas talking about this on SC a few minutes ago? I thought his commentary, while kind of scattered, was on point. I'm paraphrasing here, but he was basically saying that this punishment doesn't matter in the long run. They'll cut the scholarships from the end of the bench and anybody who watched the games will still know that Boeheim/Cuse won them, regardless of what the record book says. Said sports people remember who gets suspended for games, but sports fans not so much. Claims this is typical NCAA, sentence someone to a brief public shaming and move on. Will not send a message, will not cause teams and schools to start doing things the "right way", and really holds no bearing on Syracuse or any school moving forward. The meat of what he was saying, however, was in relation to what actually happened. Does anybody know, specifically, what happened here? Says nobody will ever know that, as the NCAA clouds everything in mystery. The punishment, in all likelihood, does not fit the crime. Also questioned: if these sanctions are in relation to the timeframe they're claiming, how is it that the NCAA subtly offered grace for the 02-03 season when they won a championship?

If I find the clip, I'll post it.
I did, and I actually think it deserves its own thread. He's right, this isn't really a punishment at all. A two-year postseason ban and loss of scholarships should have been imposed. In addition to harsher monetary sanctions. He is spot on when he says this will not serve as a deterrent.

Reaction Score
Here's some more BS from the NBCsportstalk article:
"However this ruling may not have as big of an impact as it would appear to at first glance. Why? Because in addition to serving as an assistant to Duke Mike Krzyzewski on the USA Basketball coaching staff, Boeheim has also served as chairman of the US Junior National Team Committee since 2005. That means he observes many of the nation’s top prep talent at youth national team tryouts and can interact with them as well.
Will that change due to the NCAA ruling? That’s a question that has yet to be answered, but if Boeheim remains in that role that is one way in which to ensure that elite prospects are still interacting with Syracuse in spite of the recruiting restrictions."

Reaction Score
Were they banned for 2 years? What does that post mean? They self imposed last year right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom