Superstars Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Alonzo Mourning and Albert Mourning!

Reaction Score
Barry Larkin and Shane Larkin - different sports but the kid was a stud last year at Miami as a Freshman. Playing for the Mav's in the NBA now.

Reaction Score
which part are you tripping off of? That he wasn't a superstar(he definitely wasn't), or that his best years in the NBA wasn't as good as Big Dog's or Hardaway's(he was definitely better than Big Dog, Hardaway is debatable)? Go look up Cassell's best year's in NJ, MIL, LAC, and MINN, he was playing at an All Star level his best year's during those landing spots and its no coincidence that those teams had their best years in quite some time with NJ making the playoffs after a long absence post Kenny Anderson/Derrick Coleman, MIL making the conf finals and losing to AI/76ers, LAC making the 2nd round of the playoffs after a long playoff drought, and MINN making it to the conf finals when KG couldn't get out of the first round for years, and they could've possibly made the NBA Finals if Cassell didn't get injured.

Re: Hardaway, stats aren't needed IMO. Just watching them play, the old eye test, Cassell was not in Tim Hardaway's league and after Reggie Miller, Hardaway is my least favorite NBA player of all-time. I hated that dude, he gets no love from me. I don't think you'll find many people that will agree that Cassell and Hardaway are comparable but who knows. Cassell's best years also came when the NBA and especially the Eastern Conference was a dumpster fire.

Cassell made one All-NBA team. Hardaway made an All-NBA team five times when quite frankly the crop of PG's around the NBA was much better then than in the early-mid 2000's during Cassell's prime.

Big Dog you can make an argument for sure, my reaction was more to Hardaway.

Reaction Score
When was the last time as superstars kid was actually any good on a high level? In any sport. I'm not saying Cassell Jr. wont pan out. Just starting a thread here for comparisons.
Cecil & Prince Fielder
Howie & Kyle Long

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re: Hardaway, stats aren't needed IMO. Just watching them play, the old eye test, Cassell was not in Tim Hardaway's league and after Reggie Miller, Hardaway is my least favorite NBA player of all-time. I hated that dude, he gets no love from me. I don't think you'll find many people that will agree that Cassell and Hardaway are comparable but who knows. Cassell's best years also came when the NBA and especially the Eastern Conference was a dumpster fire.

Cassell made one All-NBA team. Hardaway made an All-NBA team five times when quite frankly the crop of PG's around the NBA was much better then than in the early-mid 2000's during Cassell's prime.

Big Dog you can make an argument for sure, my reaction was more to Hardaway.

If you want to get into the nitty-gritty numbers, Cassell actually grades out better. Caveats about advanced stats in basketball, but Cassell ranks higher in PER (19.8 to 18.6) and win shares (87.5 to 85.0). This doesn't definitively say that Cassell was better, but I don't think there's a good argument that Hardaway was way ahead of him.

Reaction Score
Roy Marble and Roy Marble

Pete Rose and Missy Rose

Rod Stewart and Breanna Stewart

Cliff Robertson and Tony Robertson

Chuck Connors and Jimmy Connors

The Waltons and Bill Walton

Just to name a few more………...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Roy Marble and Roy Marble

Pete Rose and Missy Rose

Rod Stewart and Breanna Stewart

Cliff Robertson and Tony Robertson

Chuck Connors and Jimmy Connors

The Waltons and Bill Walton

Just to name a few more………...

Steve McQueen and anyone with the last name McQueen. Yes, just having that name makes you cool.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan Deandre Jordan. Tito Horford, Al Horford, Jon Hoarford. Drew Bledsoe, Eric Bledsoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom