Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get this love for Enoch. He has had 2 really good months and he's a top 50-100 recruit. This is the same kid that wasn't even named to the all fciac first or second team.
you get ranked on what you do nationally and against elite competition, I have no idea how good Enoch is or how much he's improved since the HS season ended, but national scouts care about how you perform when you go toe to toe with Stephen Zimmerman, not the numbers you put up against Bethel.

Reaction Score
I don't get this love for Enoch. He has had 2 really good months and he's a top 50-100 recruit. This is the same kid that wasn't even named to the all fciac first or second team.

When you're young and 6'9" it can be a pretty rapid rise once that light goes on. Look at Amida Brimah. He basically chose Uconn over Florida Atlantic and he might make a preseason All-Conference team next year.

Reaction Score
the numbers you put up against Bethel.

Bethel's not in the FCIAC ;)
But seriously, your post is completely true. So he wasn't spectacular against public school teams. If he can find that extra gear against the best, he's the kid I want, because it means he has that extra level, and under KO, that could easily become his normal level.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Too bad Tyler Lydon decided to go to the other guys bc he would be the ideal 4 in our system.

Reaction Score
another article

http://zagsblog.com/articles/more-than-40-schools-reaching-out-to-6-10-steven-enoch/

Enoch recently visited UConn, Rhode Island, Providence and Boston College in one swing.

“With Connecticut, it’s obvious,” Mathews said. “Great facilities, really good coaching staff. They’re saying they want him. They’re saying they really want him a lot. He’s a Connecticut kid, they love his versatility, they want us to commit.”

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Enoch and Smith be the remaining pieces to the 15' Class?

Reaction Score
another article

http://zagsblog.com/articles/more-than-40-schools-reaching-out-to-6-10-steven-enoch/

Enoch recently visited UConn, Rhode Island, Providence and Boston College in one swing.

“With Connecticut, it’s obvious,” Mathews said. “Great facilities, really good coaching staff. They’re saying they want him. They’re saying they really want him a lot. He’s a Connecticut kid, they love his versatility, they want us to commit.”

Then that's that. I think he's in if they keep after him. I just can't imagine a local kid who grew up a UConn fan choosing to go elsewhere after getting serious attention from UConn following a title and contract extension for their hot, young coach. If we add Enoch and Smith, I'll feel very good about this recruiting class (or Enoch, Smith, and a ballhandling guard if this talk of Jackson decommitting turns out to be true).

Reaction Score
Then that's that. I think he's in if they keep after him. I just can't imagine a local kid who grew up a UConn fan choosing to go elsewhere after getting serious attention from UConn following a title and contract extension for their hot, young coach. If we add Enoch and Smith, I'll feel very good about this recruiting class (or Enoch, Smith, and a ballhandling guard if this talk of Jackson decommitting turns out to be true).

Yea I feel the same, 2 visits already, his AAU coach has already gone on the record as stating UConn is his dream school, that KO has set the bar high and other coaches will have to measure to him, and UConn is the only school he's talked as strongly about as far as their interest in Enoch. At this point I think it would take something drastic for him not to come here.

Reaction Score

Enoch, Smith or Derrick Jones, and Briscoe would be ideal (depending on Turtle situation). While I wouldn't complain by any means about the Newman/Stone package, I think adding the aforementioned players, along with Adams, would set us up for a terrific next few years.

Reaction Score
"I was just uncontrollably happy because I've been a fan of UConn ever since I was young," Enoch said. "It was basically my dream to play on that court."

Good luck to everyone else.

Reaction Score
Link works okay but the formatting looks like on computer, totally readable
"I was just uncontrollably happy because I've been a fan of UConn ever since I was young," Enoch said. "It was basically my dream to play on that court."

Yeeeeeeaaaaah!

Reaction Score
Good luck to every one else.

Sure. That's why he talks about dreaming to play at Gampel, and then his next statement is he needs more exposure out West.

His head is spinning like most every other kid his age. Don't bet the ranch on him unless you own a dozen ranches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kid burst on to the national scene and wants some attention. I can't blame him. I think he plays this summer and commits in the fall. I just hope he doesn't fall in love with another program during the summer. I think that is why Ollie wants him to commit ASAP. The more national exposure he receives, the harder other schools will come at him.

I want 3 of the five to finish this class:

Briscoe
Ray Smith
Enoch
Chance
Jones

Please and thank you.

Reaction Score
I kind if surprised he hasn't committed yet given everything and such. I'd be surprised if he doesn't, but don't like to wait

Reaction Score
I kind if surprised he hasn't committed yet given everything and such. I'd be surprised if he doesn't, but don't like to wait

I'm kind of happy to see he is mature enough not to rush his decision. After what's been going on with our recruits recently it's become pretty evident that it's not the type on decision that should be rushed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm kind of happy to see he is mature enough not to rush his decision. After what's been going on with our recruits recently it's become pretty evident that it's not the type on decision that should be rushed.

Yeah, that's way better than the Ali situation. Take your time and make the right decision (read: UCONN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom