Sterling/Temple Gibbs Discussion | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sterling/Temple Gibbs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
theoretical consideration...he needs to finish the semester at SH...so perhaps to avoid any flak while still on campus, he will wait until after graduation to announce his transfer.

I had this thought as well. Speaking of, this probably has no baring to the current topic, but I couldn't help but wonder when I read this post from @Brochacho on the realignment board:

This wasn't met with a "don't tell anyone, but..." 50/50 shot UConn is in the B1G by 2020. I've been told 3 things by this person, one of them being Lubin was gone before it was announced. Second is a secret. Third being the B1G bit. So if in May it turns out he is 2/2 I'm going to be excited. And no, he doesn't wash cars.

1. Lubin gone
2. ???
3. Big Ten down the line

Apparently we will know what #2 is in May, which just so happens to coincide with when Sterling Gibbs will be graduating from Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Where I place my confidence in the Sterling Gibbs rumors is the fact that UConn hasn't been mentioned with any other guards (incoming freshmen and 5th years) so far during the spring recruiting period, even though the staff is aware of the clear need for another ball handler on this team. Midway through the season, and after missing out during the fall signing period, KO and staff made that very clear when they started recruiting and offered Traci Carter. We all know how that one ended.

Now that we are in transfer season, UConn hasn't been seriously linked with any 5th year guards. The need is still there, and I'm 100% confident the staff knows that. Given that there are (or were, as of right now) good players on the market for KO and staff to go after, and they decided not to, I think that's an indication that they have a plan in place.

And, as KO said a while back, there are a couple of guys right on the brink. One has already committed, and the other is yet to be determined.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1. Lubin gone
2. ???
3. Big Ten down the line

Apparently we will know what #2 is in May, which just so happens to coincide with when Sterling Gibbs will be graduating from Seton Hall.

You mean it isn't "No poofters?"

Reaction Score
I had this thought as well. Speaking of, this probably has no baring to the current topic, but I couldn't help but wonder when I read this post from @Brochacho on the realignment board:

This wasn't met with a "don't tell anyone, but..." 50/50 shot UConn is in the B1G by 2020. I've been told 3 things by this person, one of them being Lubin was gone before it was announced. Second is a secret. Third being the B1G bit. So if in May it turns out he is 2/2 I'm going to be excited. And no, he doesn't wash cars.

1. Lubin gone
2. ???
3. Big Ten down the line

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer