Sterling/Temple Gibbs Discussion | The Boneyard

Sterling/Temple Gibbs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Just separating the talk on the two brothers' rumors from Alterique Gilbert's thread. Both are obviously prevalent and deserving of their own conversations. Hopefully the positive rumors keep flowing.

Reaction Score
1. Gibbs (Sr.)
2. Purv (Jr.)
3. Hamilton (So.)
4. Miller (Sr.)
5. Brimah (Jr.)

6th man - Adams
7/8/9/10/11 - Omar/Facey/Enoch/Nolan/TSam ... in any order depending on matchups/how the game is playing out (are we in foul trouble, etc.)

Only flaw to that team is lack of NCAA experience within the starting lineup but the other guys and their leadership can help in that area. If that top 6 rotation doesn't excite you, you're crazy.

EDIT: of course, S. Gibbs needs to ask for the transfer release first...but remaining hopeful after this successful recruiting weekend we just had.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Recap

Question posed: Have you heard any rumblings about Sterling Gibbs? Not necessarily even UConn-centric, but just about him potentially grad-transferring?

There are some, yes.
this is not science and things change, but there is talk of uconn and both gibb brothers
Yes.
I've been hearing Gibbs-to-UConn rumors for a little while, but they're everywhere now.

Sterling Gibbs: Potential graduate transfer from Seton Hall. 16 PPG, 3 AST, 3 REB, 43% FG, 43% 3P, 1.2 STL. Immediately eligible if he transfers, one year of eligibility remaining.

Temple Gibbs: Top 50 in the class of 2016. 6'2 PG/CG.

It's hard to quantify what is actually known. This is a discussion based off of whispers and rumors, not actual reports. Hopefully they do materialize, but for now, it's all just hypothetical essentially.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Besides putting it as a possibility, what have you heard about the situation?

I've heard a number of things from several different sources, ranging from Gibbs' father asked KO if we had a spot for him, to the staff is heavily in on him, to it's basically a done deal and we're getting him. This all sort of fell in my lap, and I'm not accustomed to being a guy in the know about these sorts of things, but I've heard it from three distinct places at this point, and everyone is suggesting that it's likely that he's transferring here.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've heard a number of things from several different sources, ranging from Gibbs' father asked KO if we had a spot for him, to the staff is heavily in on him, to it's basically a done deal and we're getting him. This all sort of fell in my lap, and I'm not accustomed to being a guy in the know about these sorts of things, but I've heard it from three distinct places at this point, and everyone is suggesting that it's likely that he's transferring here.
I heard this also. Is your source reliable? Mine is kinda not, but if we're hearing this from different people then there might be smoke...

Reaction Score
I heard this also. Is your source reliable? Mine is kinda not, but if we're hearing this from different people then there might be smoke...

This is the second of three things that source has ever told me. The first was that Temple and Sterling were on campus together, which was later verified. The third is probably unverifiable, and is unrelated to the Gibbs recruitment. As far as this one goes, we'll see what happens.

I do want to clarify again that I'm not some recruiting insider; I just happened to stumble upon this and did what little research I could. What I've found has been positive, and I've shared it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember where the quote from him about staying at SHU was? Was it a tweet, from an interview, an offhand remark?

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember where the quote from him about staying at SHU was? Was it a tweet, from an interview, an offhand remark?
Back in March: http://zagsblog.com/articles/after-...s-says-he-will-definitely-return-next-season/

“Oh no, I’m definitely coming back,” Gibbs said. “I’m at Seton Hall and that’s where I’m going to be. That’s where I’m going to finish it out.”

Asked if it was something he might reconsider or if he’s already made that decision, he said, “That’s already made.”

But you never know.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm going to have to consider the source on this one. Take the kid at his own word when it doesn't benefit UConn or third and 4th hand hearsay when it does. I'm thinking the latter.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Back in March: http://zagsblog.com/articles/after-...s-says-he-will-definitely-return-next-season/

“Oh no, I’m definitely coming back,” Gibbs said. “I’m at Seton Hall and that’s where I’m going to be. That’s where I’m going to finish it out.”

Asked if it was something he might reconsider or if he’s already made that decision, he said, “That’s already made.”

But you never know.
No offense to Seton Hall, but I think it would make a lot of sense for Gibbs to transfer to a school like Uconn. He would make this team a contender for a NC. He isn't an NBA prospect, and SHU isn't going to be that competitive next year, so why not go for it all as someone who has been a very successful college player? He'd also be a SHU graduate, so it wouldn't be like he's bailing on his school either.

He's also being convinced, so I could definitely believe that he meant what he said at that time.

Reaction Score
Is there any written source saying they're hearing anything because I couldn't find anything on Twitter or in a brief search on the Internet?

Reaction Score
I have not been able to find any recent discussion of Gibbs anywhere but forums.

Reaction Score
No offense to Seton Hall, but I think it would make a lot of sense for Gibbs to transfer to a school like Uconn. He would make this team a contender for a NC. He isn't an NBA prospect, and SHU isn't going to be that competitive next year, so why not go for it all as someone who has been a very successful college player? He'd also be a SHU graduate, so it wouldn't be like he's bailing on his school either.

He's also being convinced, so I could definitely believe that he meant what he said at that time.

Seton Hall was also a tire fire down the stretch last year. I can't imagine the prospect of going back to that team, with all of the infighting and misery, and without much hope of being competitive, is particularly appealing. Certainly what he said gives me pause, and that's been the big thing keeping me from getting too excited about it, but there are a lot of indicators to the contrary, and it wouldn't be the first case of a kid changing his mind or saying something because it was easier than not.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Man, getting Sterling Gibbs and Miller would be tremendous gets. Our two most pressing needs are solved and we'd be deep. Adams has some breathing room and doesn't have to step in and be the man. TSam can be that 4th guard and just bring energy. Cassell can work his way back in the rotation and Omar slots in behind DHam but we have some leeway with Gibbs fitting in there too. Even better if it helps us get his younger bro. All in all this would be the best situation if it comes to pass, IMO. It's a squad that can go deep into The Dance

Reaction Score
Is there any written source saying they're hearing anything because I couldn't find anything on Twitter or in a brief search on the Internet?
Highly doubt there's anything on the internet. This is all speculation around some apparently good rumblings (you'll have to excuse my skepticism. I've been burned too many times by being optimistic. Thanks, Diamond) that multiple people are hearing. Usually where there's smoke there's a fire, but right now we are in a wait and see mode.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is the second of three things that source has ever told me. The first was that Temple and Sterling were on campus together, which was later verified. The third is probably unverifiable, and is unrelated to the Gibbs recruitment. As far as this one goes, we'll see what happens.

I do want to clarify again that I'm not some recruiting insider; I just happened to stumble upon this and did what little research I could. What I've found has been positive, and I've shared it.
Yeah I hear you, I'm no insider either but I live close to NYC and I know a few guys who have the "ins" on NYC area hoops. This was one thing they said, but they didn't tell me they were on campus.

But yet again Sterling said he's gonna stay at Seton Hall. I bet if this thing does happen, its gonna explode at a random hour. There won't be any warning of it happening. Its so under the radar.

Reaction Score
He's the guy who punched Arcidiacono right?

Yeah, which isn't too big of a deal since it seems to be an isolated incident. But I'm sure KO's doing his research to see just how much of Seton Hall's implosion was due to him or the freshmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom