someone is upset with Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

someone is upset with Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is amazing the effect of winning on one's attitude; same comments with a .500 record and no National titles!!!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Let me be clear I. Dry rarely curse. I am just not wired that way. My wife who is, also, a pastor curses far more. As I said I am just not wired that way I can't take any credit for it as a discipline. It is not a professional choice, probably more my reading since my brothers are pretty much the same. We're just wired that way.

I expect when I am in a nursing home at 90 something I will be the terror of the place spilling out every unused blue word combination ever conceived and a few inventions of my own. That's how it seems to go. If you don't use them someday they are coming out.

Wait, does your wife have her own pulpit? Maybe I'd rather join her congregation, she must give an h... of a sermon.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
All things considered, if my daughter played college ball I would be thrilled to have Geno as her coach. I also agree with the previous poster that the motivation for this letter to the editor was not the language used but rather the subject he was addressing and the stance he took. I have to admit when discussing the matter of Jesus in the huddle my language has been a little colored also.

Reaction Score
A group of kindergartners were trying to become accustomed to the first grade. The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on no baby talk "You need to use big people' words," she'd always remind them.
She asked Chris what he had done over the weekend. "I went to visit my Nana," he said.
"No, you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use big people words!"
She then asked Mitchell what he had done. "I took a ride on a choo-choo," he replied.
She said "No, you took a ride on a TRAIN. Use big people words."
She then asked Ron what he had done. "I read a book," he replied.
"That's WONDERFUL!" the teacher said. "What book did you read?"
Ron thought about it, then puffed out his little chest with great pride and said, "Winnie the ."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Clearly the letter writer isn't a believer of separation of church and state and was straining to make some kind of point. He ought to STFU.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Catholic girls taught me most of the curse words I know.
It’s not their fault. How many times have we asked The Boneyard to make it easier to find its Ignore button?

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm with Ice vis-a-vis giving up on the worrying about that. One thing that stood out to me in the past was a comment by Geno that he doesn't treat his players like "girls" on a "girls basketball team". He treats them as basketball players. Would anyone question any of the top men's coaches if they swore when coaching their players? Not a peep.
Rumor is that The Wizard of Westwood never swore. According to Bill Walton, and many others during the HBO special, if Wooden got after you with a, "Goodness gracious sakes alive," Your knew you were in trouble.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A group of kindergartners were trying to become accustomed to the first grade. The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on no baby talk "You need to use big people' words," she'd always remind them.
She asked Chris what he had done over the weekend. "I went to visit my Nana," he said.
She then asked Mitchell what he had done. "I took a ride on a choo-choo," he replied.
Ron thought about it, then puffed out his little chest with great pride and said, "Winnie the ."

Cute Joke, but Nana is a proper noun and therefore is a "big people" word. My mother does not ever want to be referred to as grandma by her six (so far) grandchildren. She is their Nonna, which is translates into non-regional dialect Italian for Grandmother.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Cute Joke, but Nana is a proper noun and therefore is a "big people" word. My mother does not ever want to be referred to as grandma by her six (so far) grandchildren. She is their Nonna, which is translates into non-regional dialect Italian for Grandmother.

and my Babcia was Babcia - Polish of course

Reaction Score
Question is, where'd the Catholic girls learn all those curse words?
I went to a private Christian school until middle school and I'm pretty sure I'd never heard a curse word before then. Public school was quite the culture shock!
That's funny...I was in a catholic school in first grade in 1968 when someone came running up to me and told me my brother just said the "f word"...I asked what the "f word" was and she told me...I just shrugged...since it didn't really mean anything to me. I also remember hearing an older, cooler student say "what the hell" and I thought that sounded like a cool thing to say,,,hey, I was 5... Until I went home and said it to my mom in response to something she said to me...her swift hard hand across my face told me otherwise :)

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun would drop at least four F-bombs in the first sentence on this topic defending Geno.
Then add a fifth in closing with "quite frankly I don't even f'ng like Geno"!

Reaction Score
Took me a second to get that one. Kids say the darndest things.

Reaction Score
That's funny...I was in a catholic school in first grade in 1968 when someone came running up to me and told me my brother just said the "f word"...I asked what the "f word" was and she told me...I just shrugged...since it didn't really mean anything to me. I also remember hearing an older, cooler student say "what the hell" and I thought that sounded like a cool thing to say,,,hey, I was 5... Until I went home and said it to my mom in response to something she said to me...her swift hard hand across my face told me otherwise :)
I remember just having a field day cause I could wear whatever I wanted to school. T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers it was(and still is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom