someone is upset with Coach | The Boneyard

someone is upset with Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Letter writer is probably more likely your typical whining baby that claims to be offended by every small thing in the world!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I won't even grace such stuff with a read. We are so lucky to have him as our brilliant coach, and he is a very good person too. His hilarity is well known, and much appreciated by the fans. So he's over the top...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I gave up worrying about folks language long ago. Actions speak far stronger than words and Geno's actions have provided great examples for those who have come through the program. Look at the breadth of charitable work all are involved in.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The writer is worried if Geno has a potty mouth when speaking to his players. LOL. Read their lips after they miss a free throw or get called for a foul. Or sit behind the bench. Very illuminating.

JS

Reaction Score
If you had a dime for every F Bomb used in normal student conversation on a college campus...

The money is used to provide physical therapy for students
who have to walk around campus in a difficult posture

young_woman_covering_ears_and_screaming_1791996.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
And having lived in a dorm in a women's catholic college, I can tell you that the letter writer would be most shocked at the language women use among themselves.....not that there's anything #$*&@ wrong with that.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
The writer is worried if Geno has a potty mouth when speaking to his players. LOL. Read their lips after they miss a free throw or get called for a foul. Or sit behind the bench. Very illuminating.

I'm pretty sure all I heard was "golly, gee whiz and shucks..." :rolleyes: Not....

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This is timely, since I just read this in the Lauren Engeln article:

"Engeln made sure to sing a few hosannas to Johnson, her new coach, who has his ways of motivating, she said, "but with a lot less cussing.""

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And having lived in a dorm in a women's catholic college, I can tell you that the letter writer would be most shocked at the language women use among themselves.....not that there's anything #$ &@ wrong with that.
Catholic girls taught me most of the curse words I know.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Ice vis-a-vis giving up on the worrying about that. One thing that stood out to me in the past was a comment by Geno that he doesn't treat his players like "girls" on a "girls basketball team". He treats them as basketball players. Would anyone question any of the top men's coaches if they swore when coaching their players? Not a peep.

Reaction Score
Catholic girls taught me most of the curse words I know.
Question is, where'd the Catholic girls learn all those curse words?
I went to a private Christian school until middle school and I'm pretty sure I'd never heard a curse word before then. Public school was quite the culture shock!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
This is timely, since I just read this in the Lauren Engeln article:

"Engeln made sure to sing a few hosannas to Johnson, her new coach, who has his ways of motivating, she said, "but with a lot less cussing.""
I'm guessing that Johnson was doing a lot of cussing in the last 6 minutes of BCU's game against Wake Forest on Sunday, or if he wasn't, he should have been.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Geno, as we know, is an interesting, funny, irreverent guy. I'm not shy with words, but I will say I saw GA as a featured speaker at a non-sports, private retirement event, almost all guests, if not all, well over the drinking age, and he would have made Chris Rock and the like blush. Lots of folks weren't all that thrilled. Sometimes, you have to understand the audience, especially since everyone at the event would have been there even if I were the speaker (although the bar would probably have been stacked 20 deep as I lectured the guests on etiquette in public speaking).

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Question is, where'd the Catholic girls learn all those curse words?
I went to a private Christian school until middle school and I'm pretty sure I'd never heard a curse word before then. Public school was quite the culture shock!

Probably listening to our fathers during the Knights of Columbus bowling league tournaments....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The only times I fault Geno for his choice of language is during games when he curses REALLY loudly and it's heard clearly on TV.

IIRC, during one game last season when one of our players did something dumb, Geno bellowed "!!" quite literally at the top of his lungs during live play, and it was easily picked up by the TV mics. Another time (same game?) he yelled "Godammit!!" also during live play. Both times there wasn't a lot of crowd noise to cover him up :)

Not "hatin'" on Geno, just wish he wouldn't do that.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let me be clear I rarely curse. I am just not wired that way. My wife who is, also, a pastor curses far more. As I said I am just not wired that way I can't take any credit for it as a discipline. It is not a professional choice, probably more my rearing since my brothers are pretty much the same. We're just wired that way.

I expect when I am in a nursing home at 90 something I will be the terror of the place spilling out every unused blue word combination ever conceived and a few inventions of my own. That's how it seems to go. If you don't use them someday they are coming out.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And having lived in a dorm in a women's catholic college, I can tell you that the letter writer would be most shocked at the language women use among themselves.....not that there's anything #$ &@ wrong with that.

Actually, I think that GENO would be shocked by the conversations that take place in any middle-school girls restroom. (No, I do NOT have first-hand knowledge; I am interpolating based on strong but indirect evidence.)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Actually, I think that GENO would be shocked by the conversations that take place in any middle-school girls restroom. (No, I do NOT have first-hand knowledge; I am interpolating based on strong but indirect evidence.)

What the ##@@^*%%% is your **&&#$&*ing evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom