Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well this was fast.

Shown Miller 2 UConn
@ShonnMillerToUC: UConn Country is beyond excited to hear about @Smiller_32 visiting next Friday! #1 on fans' wish lists this offseason. #BleedBlue

now that is just impressive... who is behind this

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If he committed, I would immediately feel so much better about next season. He is everything we need outside of a secondary ball handler; he's got the rebounding, toughness, experience, and scoring. Get this done KO. I think it would be his most important pickup during his head coaching tenure besides Adams. Another thing that Miller would give us is one more year to really mold Facey and Enoch before throwing them into the full time 4 slot. It buys us time to develop those two without having another stinker season. I can't control my excitement and anticipation.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Well this was fast.

Shown Miller 2 UConn
@ShonnMillerToUC: UConn Country is beyond excited to hear about @Smiller_32 visiting next Friday! #1 on fans' wish lists this offseason. #BleedBlue
Shades of Tevin Mack and VCU

Reaction Score
How is uconn the only school getting visits/interest for the two of the best forward/wings left on the market? especially miller... harris i could understand people might not be interested in. but every major program should be making a run at an all conference level guy a ala miller

Reaction Score
Anybody know if Miller has visited/scheduled visits to anywhere else? It would be great if we could get him to commit next Friday.
This tweet from Rothstein is the first legit update on Miller since the tweet from Goodman in the very first post of this OP. Think us being the first visit is very good news. Michigan picking up the German forward and Cal gaining steam with Rabb/Swanigan also helps.

Reaction Score
This tweet from Rothstein is the first legit update on Miller since the tweet from Goodman in the very first post of this OP. Think us being the first visit is very good news. Michigan picking up the German forward and Cal gaining steam with Rabb/Swanigan also helps.

I've been hurt before, Tom. I just can't take it anymore.

Reaction Score
If he committed, I would immediately feel so much better about next season. He is everything we need outside of a secondary ball handler; he's got the rebounding, toughness, experience, and scoring. Get this done KO. I think it would be his most important pickup during his head coaching tenure besides Adams. Another thing that Miller would give us is one more year to really mold Facey and Enoch before throwing them into the full time 4 slot. It buys us time to develop those two without having another stinker season. I can't control my excitement and anticipation.
Problem with KF is he will be a Junior next year. I definitely think he will backup Miller if we get him. I think SE will play more Center as the year progresses and PN will be slowly fazed out of the rotation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How is uconn the only school getting visits/interest for the two of the best forward/wings left on the market? especially miller... harris i could understand people might not be interested in. but every major program should be making a run at an all conference level guy a ala miller
Well maybe he is the best fit for us and like TCF mention Michigan and Cal might be backing off due to other guys they are close to getting or just got.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Problem with KF is he will be a Junior next year. I definitely think he will backup Miller if we get him. I think SE will play more Center as the year progresses as PN will be slowly fazed out of the offense.
Maybe Facey is on a Hilton Armstrong trajectory and peaks senior year? One can hope. And yeah Steve has the size to play the 5 for sure. It can only mean good things if Phil is fazed out of the rotation because it means our front court is better.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well maybe he is the best fit for us and like TCF mention Michigan and Cal might be backing off due to other guys they are close to getting or just got.

Michigan got a very similar player in their German and they're out of scholarships - I have to imagine that they're out of this entirely

Reaction Score
Michigan got a very similar player in their German and they're out of scholarships - I have to imagine that they're out of this entirely
Good to know Michigan is backing off. I guess down to us and Cal. I hope KO can seal the deal! I'm sure Miller is frightened for minutes with the front line we have coming back. LOL. Of course he might be scared that he has to do too much of the work also. LOL!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Problem with KF is he will be a Junior next year. I definitely think he will backup Miller if we get him...
I think so, too. But players can still make the leap between their junior & senior seasons - Syracuse have made an art of it.

And of course we have our own stories with "raw" bigs like Edwards & Hilton.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know that it's only down to two schools.

Cal definitely has bigger fish to fry right now - like UConn when we were waiting on Stone/Jones/Briscoe/Mack/Clark, Cal's either on the brink of a great class or having to scramble.

I know Illinois, Providence, Marquette and Boston College have offered him.

Miller checks a lot of boxes for us - hopefully, it works out.

Reaction Score
Beautiful things are happening with the ONE AND ONLY MR. "BIG LANKY" MILLER. The sky is the limit with Miller putting on the National Championship Blue & White. Your basketball IQ, rebounding, leadership and scoring touch will be nothing short of legendary as it relates to a HUGE piece of the puzzle to the 2015-16 season. Dreams do come true at UConn. :)

Reaction Score
UConn with Kromah has shown it can incorporate a grad transfer into a Championship lineup and give him plenty of minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy. Do not be mean to the new guy.
Why do you want save him for yourself?

Reaction Score
A lineup of Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, and Brimah is Elite 8 worthy on a good day.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we have interest in Miller's teammate, Galal Cancer? He's also graduating and is a 5th-year eligible.

6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 9 pts/ 3.5 rebs/ 3.0 assists as a starter last year. Shot 39% overall, 38% from 3 and 81% from the line.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if we have interest in Miller's teammate, Galal Cancer? He's also graduating and is a 5th-year eligible.

6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 9 pts/ 3.5 rebs/ 3.0 assists as a starter last year. Shot 39% overall, 38% from 3 and 81% from the line.

I really hope we can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom