Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
setting_template_main

Attachments

• setting_template_main.jpeg
    setting_template_main.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
Well, is Stanford right now a top 10 team? I think not. They will be much better in March and dangerous in the tournament. But now? Maybe around top 15-20. Plus, we are so psyched to play great after the MS game. It is what it is. Nobody says anything like this when Stanford plays us really tough.

Reaction Score
I think Greenberg is TRYING to say that it's not UConn that's hurting the game, but the fact that other teams can't or don't measure up.

No-- I think he's just an idiot. Stanford got wiped out by Ohio State - and as mentioned in the game Stanford is young. Yet Seth is implying this was some marquis matchup. Seems like the typical guy that doesn't follow wcbb but wants to pretend like he does.

Reaction Score
When 1 vs 10 you want close competition not this game non uconn fans want to see close not a 30 pint blow out is his point and he’s right

Well, what's the answer? Can't argue that close games are more exciting, but if you're going to moan about what's good or not for the women's game, it might to be nice to hear what you'd do about it. Maybe have the NCAA institute some kind of a system that insures uniform mediocrity?

The formula is pretty basic....a great coach, a supportive school, and some talented players working their butts off equals winning teams. IMO the coaching level is, with some exceptions, mediocre; too many schools still pay lip service to supporting women's sports; and too many talented players aren't interested in working hard. Need all three, but starts with the coaches.

Reaction Score
Perhaps he preferred the second half where it looked UCONN decided to coast the rest of the game. It least it gave Geno something to hammer his players about.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve known Seth Greenberg for a long time. He is one of the most knowledgeable basketball guys around. Nowhere does Seth say that “UConn is bad for WBB.”

Bags is absolutely correct. Seth is lamenting the fact that an early season top 10 WBB matchup did not produce a more compelling game. That fault does not lie with UConn, and Seth is not saying that it does.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’ve known Seth Greenberg for a long time. He is one of the most knowledgeable basketball guys around. Nowhere does Seth say that “UConn is bad for WBB.”

Bags is absolutely correct. Seth is lamenting the fact that an early season top 10 WBB matchup did not produce a more compelling game. That fault does not lie with UConn, and Seth is not saying that it does.
A couple issues I have with his comment. First, I'm willing to bet he wasn't even watching the game. He's in some studio somewhere watching MEN'S basketball and only occasionally checking the UConn score.

Second, why didn't he complain about the one-sided Stanford-Ohio State game? I suspect he wasn't even aware of it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple issues I have with his comment. First, I'm willing to bet he wasn't even watching the game. He's in some studio somewhere watching MEN'S basketball and only occasionally checking the UConn score.

Second, why didn't he complain about the one-sided Stanford-Ohio State game? I suspect he wasn't even aware of it.
Seth is an ESPN college basketball analyst and the game was on ESPN. I suspect he was in the studio watching multiple games including UConn.

Stanford vs tOSU was a competitive game until the middle of the 3rd qtr, while Stanford vs UConn was over by the start of the 2nd qtr

Reaction Score
Simple fact, #1 beating #10, 49-14 at the half is not going to draw in the casual viewer. I don't understand why folks have such a hard time accepting that reality.

Point #2: Seth knows Geno from when they were both assistants at UVa (he with the men) in the early 80s.

Reaction Score

Seth is an ESPN college basketball analyst and the game was on ESPN. I suspect he was in the studio watching multiple games including UConn.

Stanford vs tOSU was a competitive game until the middle of the 3rd qtr, while Stanford vs UConn was over by the start of the 2nd qtr

In other words- it wasn't a competitive game. Are you trying to say the game was competitive? The 2nd half of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter count. It was a blowout. If it wasn't a blowout, where do you draw the line? Bottomline is THAT game was NOT close. Stanford IS a YOUNG TEAM. UCONN IS number 1 and MUCH BETTER than Ohio State. THIS game was NOT a marquis matchup. IMO Seth should have known this. But he wouldn't know it, probably because he doesn't follow. Otherwise, why would you expect a close game/call the game "marquis?"

IMO he is clearly thinking "men's basketball" because of the coaches and past history.

Reaction Score
Simple fact, #1 beating #10, 49-14 at the half is not going to draw in the casual viewer. I don't understand why folks have such a hard time accepting that reality.

Point #2: Seth knows Geno from when they were both assistants at UVa (he with the men) in the early 80s.

Simple fact is anyone who thinks Stanford was a legit #10 team in the country after the drubbing they took from Ohio State and uses that number 10 ranking in the manner Seth is using it to deliberately put down wcbb in November is a tool.

In 2016 there were 3 teams that made huge upsets to tge to the Final FOur. In 2017 one fo the greatest upsets happened int he history of sport in in the Final Four. Yet this tool is too ignorant to think this matchup in November wasn't a marquis matchup? Did you hear what they said DURING THE GAME that Tara V said she was going to go with mass substitutions -- why do you think that is? Because she was looking for her players-- anyone to step up? I.E. they went into the game recognizing they were overmatched and with a realization they are NOT top 10 yet.

What's embarrassing is for this game to be classified by a sports analyst as a "marquis matchup." He should have known better. Otherwise what is he really "analyzing" when it comes to wcbb? Fact is guys like him don't follow it much. The last to years should be highlighted. Instead this tool puts down a game in November when you have a giant vs a team not yet ready?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In other words- it wasn't a competitive game. Are you trying to say the game was competitive? The 2nd half of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter count. It was a blowout. If it wasn't a blowout, where do you draw the line? Bottomline is THAT game was NOT close. Stanford IS a YOUNG TEAM. UCONN IS number 1 and MUCH BETTER than Ohio State. THIS game was NOT a marquis matchup. IMO Seth should have known this. But he wouldn't know it, probably because he doesn't follow. Otherwise, why would you expect a close game/call the game "marquis?"

IMO he is clearly thinking "men's basketball" because of the coaches and past history.
I' m really not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but I can assure you that Seth knows far more about women's basketball than you and I.

Reaction Score
I' m really not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but I can assure you that Seth knows far more about women's basketball than you and I.

Was the game OSU vs Stanford a blowout?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom