September recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying this due to sour grapes but Carleton's game doesn't thrill me in comparison to Strong's............Strong is a once-in-a-decade kind of talent and will instantly make whatever team she chooses markedly better............Sadly, I don't think she will choose UConn but I truly hope to be proven 110% wrong!! (as I have many times before) :rolleyes:
Just as you say, Strong is a rare and wonderful talent and will drastically improve whichever team she goes to! Let’s just say she would look awfully good playing next to Paige & company.

Reaction Score
While I agree that Strong is uniquely skilled, UConn's guards the next few years are equally talented. The combination of both would be special for several years.

Reaction Score
Not saying this due to sour grapes but Carleton's game doesn't thrill me in comparison to Strong's............Strong is a once-in-a-decade kind of talent and will instantly make whatever team she chooses markedly better............Sadly, I don't think she will choose UConn but I truly hope to be proven 110% wrong!! (as I have many times before) :rolleyes:
I saw several of Carlton's games this summer on the Nike EYBL circuit and wasn't impressed either. Actually a little surprised that UConn offered her.

Reaction Score
I saw several of Carlton's games this summer on the Nike EYBL circuit and wasn't impressed either. Actually a little surprised that UConn offered her.
She looked more like a #25 - #35 ranked player.........clearly talented but not a total game-changer like Strong

Reaction Score
She looked more like a #25 - #35 ranked player.........clearly talented but not a total game-changer like Strong
I would agree. Played on a strong team in Cy Fair of Texas with Chavez drawing a lot of defensive attention and still didn't have a large impact on games.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Strong is the critical one, anything else would be (welcome) gravy! Strong, Ziebell, and Cheli would likely give us a #1 class, and if we added Koval or Roberson, you could erase the “likely”!
What position does Roberson play and how tall is she? This is my first time reading about her.

Reaction Score
ESPN ranks Sarah Strong (‘24) the #1 HS recruit, regardless of class.

Other POIs include:
#2, Sienna Betts (‘25), has UConn in her Top 11.
#3, Olivia Vukosa (‘26), has UConn offer.
#7, Aaliyah Chavez (‘25), POI.
#8, Jerzy Robinson (‘26), has UConn offer.
#9, Jazzy Davidson (‘25), POI.
#10, Saniyah Hall (‘26), has UConn offer.

Reaction Score
ESPN ranks Sarah Strong (‘24) the #1 HS recruit, regardless of class.

Other POIs include:
#2, Sienna Betts (‘25), has UConn in her Top 11.
#3, Olivia Vukosa (‘26), has UConn offer.
#7, Aaliyah Chavez (‘25), POI.
#8, Jerzy Robinson (‘26), has UConn offer.
#9, Jazzy Davidson (‘25), POI.
#10, Saniyah Hall (‘26), has UConn offer.

rankings are strangely different from ESPN's hoopgurlz on some players: See example Kennedy Smith, ranked number 5 for 24, 25, and 26 classes - but only number six for 2024 class.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
2028? Followed by coaches? Seriously? Do these kids have time to grow up?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If that class is correct [2028] she would now be just entering 8th grade...yikes!
Might she play for her high school team this coming season as an 8th grader??
I know that UConn having an 'interest' in a player is not the same as an offer but still.

I believe somewhere in a Nan post there is a list of many schools who have offered
a 2027 girl...entering the 9th grade...including UConn. Has Geno ever offered a 9th grader...especially so
early in her year? Maybe Elena Delle Donne?

Hope Ella and family might take in a big game or two in Storrs/Hartford this season...not a long drive
from Brookline Ma.

Uhh..just a look at the roster...granted a tad too early: As an entering frosh at UConn Ella would have Kelis
Fisher and Gandy Mamel Malou as teammates...they would be seniors...both now 'just' verbals to UConn.

In those videos: nice form/nice arc to her three ball....especially at 6'3" and so darn young.

Reaction Score
2028? Followed by coaches? Seriously? Do these kids have time to grow up?
Apparently, Geno has come to the conclusion that relationships with recruits need to start earlier than in the past.........having had a child go through this initial process somewhat recently (at a lesser level), I can honestly say that if a young recruit is well-grounded and has good parental support the recruiting process can be quite enjoyable.............for many recruits playing college basketball is one of their major life goals and to succeed they need to constantly work to improve their skills while also handling their academics and hopefully maintaining a social life.......that balance isn't easy but it's doable.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom