September recruiting thread | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on Strong’s first 3X3 performance she’ll fit right in as she and bunnies don’t get along. On a positive note was a nice assist and pretty good defense.

Reaction Score
A big that can stretch the floor and make plays. UConn prototype.

Just a little over two months (or sooner) until she decides.

I had to watch this video more than once to truly appreciate Sarah's
magic of threating the needle to that BACK DOOR. One of a links that
I recently read about Ms. Strong commented that while she can go low
to the bucket, or hurt you from the outside, what is truly AMAZING is
her passing skill , == Sarah finding and connecting with her teammates == A new meaning to
TRIPLE THREAT! Go Sarah.... to Storrs!

Reaction Score
I had to watch this video more than once to truly appreciate Sarah's
magic of threating the needle to that BACK DOOR. One of a links that
I recently read about Ms. Strong commented that while she can go low
to the bucket, or hurt you from the outside, what is truly AMAZING is
her passing skill , == Sarah finding and connecting with her teammates == A new meaning to
TRIPLE THREAT! Go Sarah.... to Storrs!
Sarah's game, to a large extent, resembles that of Morgan Tuck's. They're about the same size. Outside shooting goes to Sarah, inside effectiveness goes to Morgan. Passing goes to Sarah.
Defense is yet to be determined, but considering how Morgan shut down so many of her opponents, it's going to be difficult for Sarah to be better on defense.

Reaction Score
Strong is now #1 according to HoopGurlz and Edwards has dropped to #2. I watched the 3x3 tournament and it was interesting for a number of reasons. Team USA was Strong, Mikaylah Williams, Sahara Williams and Katie Fiso. Strong and M Williams are clearly a cut above the other two, and maybe S Williams comes in a distant 4th in that group. One thing that really struck me is how big M Williams is. She's usually listed at 6'0", but on this court she looked to be the same height as Strong. She's also bulked up quite a bit since last year. I think Kim has a real winner in her, and she will be the backbone of LSU for the next few years.

As for Strong, she looks really smooth. She is relentless around the rim, and can use either hand. She makes mistakes but knows how to fix them. She has a surprisingly good perimeter shot, though I wouldn't want her to take many of those. Just generally, I'd say she has the relentlessness of someone like Morrow or Alyssa Pili, but has better handles and more of a court sense than Morrow, She can be a fine passer from the high post, and the low post. She also looks to be stronger and taller than Morrow or Pili, though this is a strained guess. The closest comparison I can think of is a smaller Aliyah Boston. A lot of the same skills.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The "list" of UCONN WBB " Players of Interest". Clara is a 6 ' 6" double double
machine. But (hopefully, "we have Sarah"! No jink here. Make it come true, Ms. Strong!)
Oh. The Boneyard's list. Beyond Morgan following her on IG a while back I'm not aware of any effort put into recruiting Silva. Maybe I missed it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The "list" of UCONN WBB " Players of Interest". Clara is a 6 ' 6" double double
machine. But (hopefully, "we have Sarah"! No jink here. Make it come true, Ms. Strong!)
Not on my list. The interest wasn’t strong enough

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please stick to recruiting. Thread drifts aren’t allowed in the recruiting thread

Reaction Score

Love to see that Geno was there to watch Sarah Strong. Don’t like to see that Dawn Staley was also there watching Sarah… BUT it’s still an indication UConn is in the running. So I’ll take it! I think the last two times we’ve seen Geno and Dawn watch Sarah but no Kim Mulkey. Do you think this might mean LSU is no longer in the mix for Sarah?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Love to see that Geno was there to watch Sarah Strong. Don’t like to see that Dawn Staley was also there watching Sarah… BUT it’s still an indication UConn is in the running. So I’ll take it! I think the last two times we’ve seen Geno and Dawn watch Sarah but no Kim Mulkey. Do you think this might mean LSU is no longer in the mix for Sarah?
I believe she's visiting LSU this weekend.

Reaction Score
If you follow Morgan Valley on Instagram , you know that she only post on her story about kids that have UConn ties, Currently playing, alumni, or recruits who had committed. I have never seen her share anything on her story about a recruit who hasn’t chosen UConn. For example she shared photos from Allie Ziebell winning Gold this summer. Yesterday She shared a photo about Sarah strong winning the 3x3 gold. It may be reaching but just using context clues. Sarah strong recently started following Aubrey Griffin, she also follows Morgan Chelli, Allie Ziebell, Ice Brady, KK, Aliyah Edwards, and her most recent follow is Morgan Valley.
A1C1FA28-4293-4319-9C8F-57769CB67970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you follow Morgan Valley on Instagram , you know that she only post on her story about kids that have UConn ties, Currently playing, alumni, or recruits who had committed. I have never seen her share anything on her story about a recruit who hasn’t chosen UConn. For example she shared photos from Allie Ziebell winning Gold this summer. Yesterday She shared a photo about Sarah strong winning the 3x3 gold. It may be reaching but just using context clues. Sarah strong recently started following Aubrey Griffin, she also follows Morgan Chelli, Allie Ziebell, Ice Brady, KK, Aliyah Edwards, and her most recent follow is Morgan Valley. View attachment 91210
Coaches can’t discuss recruits or it’s an NCAA violation

Reaction Score
If you follow Morgan Valley on Instagram , you know that she only post on her story about kids that have UConn ties, Currently playing, alumni, or recruits who had committed. I have never seen her share anything on her story about a recruit who hasn’t chosen UConn. For example she shared photos from Allie Ziebell winning Gold this summer. Yesterday She shared a photo about Sarah strong winning the 3x3 gold. It may be reaching but just using context clues. Sarah strong recently started following Aubrey Griffin, she also follows Morgan Chelli, Allie Ziebell, Ice Brady, KK, Aliyah Edwards, and her most recent follow is Morgan Valley. View attachment 91210
Sarah Strong also follows Kelis Fisher another UConn Commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom