September recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This thread is recruiting only. No thread drifts, no general discussions, NO analysis of other teams.

UCONN. RECRUITING. THREAD. Only.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Players of Interest list is updated. Please let me know if changes are needed

Add Australian 6-3 F Lara Somfai. She was mentioned back in July after the U16 FIBA event when Morgan started following her on IG. You never know with the international kids but Tonya is now following her (and liking her IG posts) and Lara is now following Jamelle (and Quadence).

She's a very talented and intriguing prospect. There are some photos of her wearing UConn T-shirts a few years back so she seems to be a fan. She'll no doubt play in the U17 World Cup in Mexico next year and I expect a lot of college coaches will be watching her.

Reaction Score
Have we even hosted Strong, Koval or Arianna Roberson? Seems like we are cold on the 2024 recruiting front.

Reaction Score
Have we even hosted Strong, Koval or Arianna Roberson? Seems like we are cold on the 2024 recruiting front.
I've learned from experience that Geno and Co often do their best recruiting work when things are quiet...........it appears that nothing is happening and then out of nowhere a new UConn commit materializes..........I'm hopeful that a solid front-court recruit is announced next..........Strong has been to Storrs on her own dime in the past and I hope she makes another visit in the coming weeks.........

Reaction Score

I wouldn’t say cold, seeing as we have two Top 20 commits.

Not sure that visits from Koval or Roberson are happening, but I’m almost certain that Strong will attend first night.

Reaction Score
Yes sometimes it is quiet and we don't really have an inside view, and sometimes it is more out in the open. In the case of bigs for 2024, however, I don't expect one to come out of the blue, mostly because there are so few of them. They are a rare commodity, not many in the top 20 or so Uconn is generally interested in and with Carlton, Tac, and Thomas ruled out, Strong, Koval and Roberson appears to be the entire list, except for some less highly rated project type.

The seemingly later interest in Roberson could mean many things. She could be plan B or C if we miss out on Strong and Koval, particularly if Geno isn't too confident regarding those two, or on the other hand, the interest in Roberson now could be because she has been a late bloomer moving up the charts. She seems a little like Liv to me.

Regardless I am a little nervous about our odds with this group. It is an area of need, and we have to get at least one to complete a good by Uconn standards recruiting year. From the best I can read between the lines, many think we might be a favorite for Strong, but most of the top programs are still in the hunt. Some seem to believe we are more on the outside looking in regarding Koval, with that being less likely, and for Roberson who knows.

I could dream about getting two of them, but I suspect that is both unlikely and perhaps not possible because of the size of our roster now. I very much hope we get one of them (most likely Strong), and I fear the worst case scenario (none of the above) has a significant possibility too.

In that event we still might have foreign options that aren't known now, and the possibility of a portal transfer next summer, but it would be nice to fill that need soon with one or more of these three.
If they can pick up Strong you'll get your two since they already have a nice 6-4 prospect named El Alfy who enters the mix next season.

Reaction Score

Not sure that visits from Koval or Roberson are happening, but I’m almost certain that Strong will attend first night.
I hope we can add strong along with Roberson.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
EE0B8AD8-253E-4EEC-88FA-B4330D16DA44.jpeg
1DEE3091-7087-4915-B4E1-815BDB1A72D5.jpeg

Reaction Score

Justice Carlton officially announced her commitment to Texas. I was hoping all the rumors weren’t true. Texas also picked up another commitment today from Jordan Lee (#8 C/O 2024).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Roberson and Strong are visiting Oregon this weekend. The football game should be fun.

I'd be surprised to get a visit from Roberson who seems to like soon-to-be former PAC 12 schools. Like you, I expect Strong to be at First Night.

Reaction Score
Not saying this due to sour grapes but Carleton's game doesn't thrill me in comparison to Strong's............Strong is a once-in-a-decade kind of talent and will instantly make whatever team she chooses markedly better............Sadly, I don't think she will choose UConn but I truly hope to be proven 110% wrong!! (as I have many times before) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom