SDSU officially leaving MWC… first domino to fall! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SDSU officially leaving MWC… first domino to fall!

Reaction Score
Also letter clearly states ‘intends to withdraw on June 30th, OR a later date to be determined’…

Sounds like Aug 1st is new deadline
The PAC 12 Football Media Day is on July 21. Some people have speculated that an announcement regarding the media deal would be made before then, so as not to take attention away from Football Media Day.

Reaction Score
Nobody is keying in on 30 day extension.
Seems SDSU knows something is coming if they were willing to commit to 30 day extension. Not 60 days or 90 days.
Maybe. It could also mean that they have no idea but didn’t think there was a snowball’s chance in hades that they would be given an extension greater than 30 days.

Reaction Score
Maybe. It could also mean that they have no idea but didn’t think there was a snowball’s chance in hades that they would be given an extension greater than 30 days.
It’s possible, but specifically mentioning 30 days capped the conversation.
I’m spitballing, but to me, they must have had some comfort throwing out 30 days. $17M is a big number to go on a hunch.

It’s possible they were told the PAC 12 media days was the target.

Reaction Score
The PAC should get SDSU done so it has some momentum and also doesn’t screw a team it wants to add. Talk about a bad start to relationship. The Big12 is also showing weakness. They should be taking players off the board now. They are letting the PAC media deal dictate their movements. If they take Colorado and UConn now, it reduces the number of life boats and it will trigger some PAC teams to move to avoid a crappy PAC deal.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The PAC should get SDSU done so it has some momentum and also doesn’t screw a team it wants to add. Talk about a bad start to relationship. The Big12 is also showing weakness. They should be taking players off the board now. They are letting the PAC media deal dictate their movements. If they take Colorado and UConn now, it reduces the number of life boats and it will trigger some PAC teams to move to avoid a crappy PAC deal.
They just can’t take anybody they please. Colorado (or anybody else) needs to agree to move. If Colorado is dragging their feet, the Big12 has to wait.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
SDSAD texting Brent Yomark just now, “Brent my iPhone died but it’s been repaired if you had tried to get in touch with me”.

Brent Yomark, “I’m good. Happy 4th”.

SDSU trying to explain to MWC the "JK" on the bottom of their withdrawl letter wasn't the initials of someone signing off on it but rather a 21st C shortcut of saying "Just kidding".

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I want the MW to honor the first letter and claim to not honor anything after that. Kick them to the Indy curb. Oh you want to stay now that the Pac 12 remains a dumpster fire? Sorry, you told us you were leaving so we'll take your cash and you can go.

Reaction Score
I want the MW to honor the first letter and claim to not honor anything after that. Kick them to the Indy curb. Oh you want to stay now that the Pac 12 remains a dumpster fire? Sorry, you told us you were leaving so we'll take your cash and you can go.
Prefer you to think that before writing it down until UConn finds a home.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Prefer you to think that before writing it down until UConn finds a home.
Meh, we'll find a home at some point and for.now being in the BE for bball and being an Indy is working out. It's far from a long term solution but by now I'm used to having us getting kicked in the nuts when it comes to CR. So I would gladly watch SDSU get screwed over by they're stupidity. Sure, they'll follow it up with a Big 12 invite but whatever. I wanna see them get embarrassed

Reaction Score
Meh, we'll find a home at some point and for.now being in the BE for bball and being an Indy is working out. It's far from a long term solution but by now I'm used to having us getting kicked in the nuts when it comes to CR. So I would gladly watch SDSU get screwed over by they're stupidity. Sure, they'll follow it up with a Big 12 invite but whatever. I wanna see them get embarrassed
I'm so used to it I don't even flinch anymore when I see a video of some guy getting a baseball to the nuts. In fact, if I step anywhere near a bat and ball I fully expect to be incapacitated and writhing in pain. Bring it on. The day shall come and when it does no one will celebrate harder than me. It will be a grand day....

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
I'm so used to it I don't even flinch anymore when I see a video of some guy getting a baseball to the nuts. In fact, if I step anywhere near a bat and ball I fully expect to be incapacitated and writhing in pain. Bring it on. The day shall come and when it does no one will celebrate harder than me. It will be a grand day....

Ouch!!

Reaction Score

IMG_3028.gif

Reaction Score
Good lord what a bunch of clowns all around the table. SDSU took it in the pipe hard. PAC just showed its hand and it’s got nothing. MWC’s most powerful team is estranged. Big12 has probably figured out it doesn’t need an SDSU.

Reaction Score
I don’t think BIG 12 needs but is looking to expand and is not necessarily in a hurry.

Reaction Score
LMAO… the only winners here are the respective lawyers.

Alternate access link <<

-> Just hours before a deadline to give the Mountain West a one-year notice of departure, San Diego State reaffirmed its membership in the conference.

So everything’s copacetic?

Apparently not.

SDSU contends it never formally left. The Mountain West, however, still insists it has.

The flurry of letters between the university and conference continued over the weekend, and now lawyers are actively involved. At issue is a $6.6 million distribution share for the 2022-23 academic year that the Mountain West is withholding to defray SDSU’s exit fee, pending reinstatement by the board.

“We will discuss the status of SDSU’s membership in the conference at a July meeting of our Board of Directors,” said a July 1 letter from Mountain West Commissioner Gloria Nevarez to SDSU President Adela de la Torre, responding to de la Torre’s letter Friday saying the Aztecs were staying in the conference.

That meeting is scheduled for July 17 and won’t include de la Torre because she was removed from the board per Mountain West bylaws for a member leaving the conference <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom