Sat Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sat Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Upstater,

I agree that I think conferences have a hierarchy of officiating, but I also think Penn State is high up in that hierarchy. There is not some widespread anti-PSU conspiracy in the Big 10. In fact, I bet if you asked Purdue or Minnesota or Illinois fans, they would claim that Penn State gets all the calls.
I think he did say that exact thing...

Edit... I posted this and then saw Upstater's post... I guess I should read them all before replying. :confused:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That is no different than Wade Boggs or Derek Jeter getting the benefit of the doubt on a close pitch. I'm trying to decipher upstater's stance.

How many coaches have exploded in a press conference after nonsense involving Big 12 refs and Texas? Mangino and Leach are definites. Did Gundy blow his top once too?
Urban Meyer used to call his own fouls at Florida.

When Wade Boggs lets a pitch go, who is the ump to argue? Bad calls in key games where the breaks always go one way is a little different.

I think college football has the worst officiating, BY FAR, of ANY sport at any level. The two high school pothead calling a sloppy game at the 6th grade rec team in your town may be baked, but they do not go in the game with an agenda. It is a terrible policy to have the refs paid by the conference, because consciously or subconsciously they will look for an outcome that helps their employer. This is roughly equivalent to making CPA's employees of the companies they are auditing.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I did say PSU gets those calls. I also said that PSU doesn't get those calls against OSU, Iowa and Michigan. A lot of fans have noticed this. But I find it curious how you can conclude it's not a conspiracy (I'm not saying it is) when OSU and Michigan get all the calls.

Then we agree. I think. Is it a conspiracy or isn't it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's next? Carolina gets the calls from ACC basketball officials? Is this conspiracy that deep?!

Reaction Score
Then we agree. I think. Is it a conspiracy or isn't it?

If the B1G offices reward officials for keeping OSU and Michigan on top of the food chain, then it's a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom