Sat Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sat Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Marshall just stamped their ticket to the playoff today with that third quarter rally.

(There's 82 for TCU.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This may be the quietest week in CFB history.

The Top 25 have pretty much rolled so far.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Marshall just stamped their ticket to the playoff today with that third quarter rally.

If ECU spits the bit that will actually prove true.

Remember ECU will skullf**k Marshall even though they can't skullf**k UConn or SMU.

You know the SMU that lost at home today to Memphis by eleventybillion.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm convinced - Marshall has the resume.

I didn't put enough weight on their wins over Rhode Island, Old Dominion and Florida International.

I can't even remember the last time a major team went into Old Dominion and came out with a win.

That is impressive. Very impressive.

Reaction Score
785 total yards for TCU. 82-27 makes UConn's losses to BYU and Boise look like Notre Dame's "quality loss" to Florida State. That redefines "embarrassing". Seriously, that bloodbath gave me a whole new perspective on the state of UConn football in general.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This may be the quietest week in CFB history.

The Top 25 have pretty much rolled so far.

Nah, this happens a lot. Too many blowouts are the worst thing about CFB, and the reason a lot of NFL only fans will give for not watching CFB. I think the biggest upset today is Illinois +5 over Minnesota at home. Not exactly an earth shaking upset.

It is a good thing that Cliff Kingsbury is so pretty, because he may be selling his ass on the streets of Ft. Worth if he keeps giving up 82 points despite the fact that TCU was all but taking a knee the whole second half.

The good thing for us is that no one will be watching ECU, Marshall or CSU play in the Who Gives A S*** Bowl against the third team from the Big 12.

UMass is leading FBS in moral victories.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I didn't put enough weight on their wins over Rhode Island, Old Dominion and Florida International.

I can't even remember the last time a major team went into Old Dominion and came out with a win.

All I've said is if Marshall is 13-0 and ECU is 10-2 that Marshall will get the invite.

I didn't say it was impressive. But if you want to say Marshall was unimpressive against FAU - you have to admit ECU was just as unimpressive against UConn and SMU - who are worse teams than FAU.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score

Can you tell me what is so impressive about ECU? Huge win over UCONN right.

Both teams are not good. After watching both of them this week the drop-off from the Power 5 is starting to get scary and embarrassing. Either team would be destroyed in a big Bowl Game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The end game for Mississippi might be the single most embarrassing coaching performance I've seen.

Les Miles must have a Jedi mind trick.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know what was worse: Being so unaware of the original situation where you clearly needed to kick... not understanding when you were late it was third down and you could spike one... or trying to sneak Wallace back on the field after the delay penalty.

Watching the offense jog off the field while the play clock evaporated was something.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I dream of the day we can get the environments I'm watching at State College and Baton Rouge tonight. Expand the Rent, build the program, and we'll be the ones playing Penn State right now in a few years.

Really though these two games are quality. Exceptional atmospheres.

Reaction Score
Can you tell me what is so impressive about ECU? Huge win over UCONN right.

Both teams are not good. After watching both of them this week the drop-off from the Power 5 is starting to get scary and embarrassing. Either team would be destroyed in a big Bowl Game.
Just like UCF last year? I don't think ECU is great, but people overstate the teams in the P5 outside of the elite playoff caliber teams.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sometimes you hear people want more playoff games.

Utah is playing a playoff game.

They get to USC 1 down 4. Have a time out. :17 left. They for some reason are in a shotgun and have to use their timeout after getting stuffed.

:10 second and goal from half yard line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They wised up and threw on second down. Got the score and won but it was nice to see a team understand they had two cracks at it if they threw.

Game was gifted by USC. Running back stepped out of bounds for no reason on a fourth down play that would have iced it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The SEC is obviously stronger, but the Pac 12 and Big 12 deliver great games every week.

Great job on the scramble two plays before the game winner - so many players might have run out of bounds instead of taking advantage of what was in front of him.

Reaction Score
LOL, that conference never changes:

Interception. Review booth said it was a good INT, or not enough evidence to overturn.

a8c3d6c0-5caa-11e4-b63a-6de772e95d7f_smh-gif.gif

I especially like the 3 points that gave OSU 17 (49 yard FG)... The ball was snapped ONLY 4 seconds after the play clock expired. Anyone could miss that.

ec

Just your typical B1G ref hackjob, especially in the last minute. Camera is trained on the PSU who makes no gestutre and says nothing, but the refs say he called TO, leaving PSU without a TO on the final series near the end zone. Settled for a FG. A holding call in OT plus no holding call on OSU's biggest OT play, and then a "leaping" penalty that gave OSU the ball at the 12.5 instead of the 25 sealed the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I may be a degenerate who has watched 15 straight hours of games but even I can laugh at Penn State truthers.

Reaction Score
I may be a degenerate who has watched 15 straight hours of games but even I can laugh at Penn State truthers.

When Brad Nessler is saying the refs did a hackjob, you may have gone wrong.

What do you see in the replay links?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When Brad Nessler is saying the refs did a hackjob, you may have gone wrong.

What do you see in the replay links?

I didn't say they didn't blow the calls. I just don't believe it's a big conspiracy against Penn State.

Reaction Score
Now that Charlie Weis and PP are gone, Brady Hoke has become the most entertaining buffoon in CFB.

Michigan (3-4) gets cocky and plants a stake in ground at Mich St during pre-game. Spartans get pissed and score a meaningless TD with :28 seconds left to rub in the beatdown 35-11. Brady Hoke says he was "aware" but not "fully aware" of stake episode.

Aware but not fully aware? LOL.

Reaction Score
I thought Hoke was a good coach SDSU. Big Ten like the SEC and other P5 leagues is just a different animal. So many top coaches coaching top players. Hoke just doesn't seem up to the task every week of going up against top guys every week. I'm seeing similar things from Edsall at UMD and Butch Jones at Tenn, though that one is too early to tell.

Reaction Score
How great would it be if the season ended with no undefeated teams and 10 deserving 1 loss teams, that scenario might push the playoff to 8 games quicker than expected.

Go to 8, give 5 auto bids to the P5 championship game winners and have three wild card bids, that would create a fantastic 13 team tournament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul