Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2) | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2)

Reaction Score
At first, I really thought Strong announcing during the final 4 weekend was indulgent and disrespectful. However, I tuned into the girls basketball championship game to watch a little Kelis and the half time came and it sort of made a lot of sense for the #1 highschool player to announce their choice. It was a highschool morning and had nothing to do with the final four...

Reaction Score
I guess the biggest surprise in her announcement and subsequent stories was that she was a UConn fan all along, with a Huskies poster up in her room. Wonder if the two in-state schools were for her parents' sake.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I guess the biggest surprise in her announcement and subsequent stories was that she was a UConn fan all along, with a Huskies poster up in her room. Wonder if the two in-state schools were for her parents' sake.
Sarah’s mom, Allison Feaster, went to Harvard, not Duke, North Carolina or NC State, and lives in Boston as she works for the Celtics

The video is about 5 minutes long and shows some skills that Sarah has inherited

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
*Unicorn skill set.

Strong's development and skill set are eerily similar to how Giannis Antetokounmpo was before Mike Budenholzer took over for the Milwaukee Bucks. She's a better shooter in relation to the women's game than Giannis but has the same middle third of the floor playmaking ability longterm. In college, I fully expect that Strong will learn how to separate herself in a gym full of the best college players in the country similar to what Anthony Edwards is doing with the USA World Cup team this month. If she puts it all together, she can be one of the best frontcourt players in the world. --

Brandon Clay

Reaction Score
Just imagine... Assuming Jana comes back from her injury at or near 100% and plays like she did for Egypt... UCONN could have Jana at C and Sarah at PF for 4 Years. With the other two freshmen coming in paired with PAIGE, Azzi, Ash, KK, Aubry... man... we're in a good place!

Reaction Score
So, I guess this commitment from Sarah means that UConn is still bad for women's college basketball. And will be for the foreseeable future.
Nah. How many #1 recruits did the team that just won the national championship an hour ago have?

Reaction Score
Maybe you don't know the history of the quote, "UConn is bad for women's college basketball".
I'm sure it is right up there with "four score and seven years ago."

Reaction Score
Just imagine... Assuming Jana comes back from her injury at or near 100% and plays like she did for Egypt... UCONN could have Jana at C and Sarah at PF for 4 Years. With the other two freshmen coming in paired with PAIGE, Azzi, Ash, KK, Aubry... man... we're in a good place!
If they are both what we hope that is certainly true. By mid-season or so I think we will know if they are going to be a great pairing or not. Now I still hope we could get a Somfai in 2025 or another 4, and the Big O in 2026. Sometimes I am envious of the teams that have not just great starter bigs, but major stars on the bench as well.

Over the last few years, SC and Stanford in particular have had unbelievable bigs. I mean Brink backed up by Betts and others for a year, and then Boston with Cardoso behind her almost doesn't seem fair. I also think if we add more upfront, and of course Gandy is coming too, that Sarah could also do major damage at the 3 part of the time.

Reaction Score
Sarah’s mom, Allison Feaster, went to Harvard, not Duke, North Carolina or NC State, and lives in Boston as she works for the Celtics

The video is about 5 minutes long and shows some skills that Sarah has inherited

Thanks for that video Husky Nan. I remember that game. I noticed that Sarah's mom also wore #21.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing an awful lot of her offensive skill set which I must admit is pretty awesome especially her ability to hit shoot the jump shot but how is her defensive game and rebounding that's what will separate her from the rest we know she can score but can she defend ? if you have any defensive clips please share.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm seeing an awful lot of her offensive skill set which I must admit is pretty awesome especially her ability to hit shoot the jump shot but how is her defensive game and rebounding that's what will separate her from the rest we know she can score but can she defend ? if you have any defensive clips please share.

She's an elite rebounder. I think eventually she will be a good defender because she has quick feet and she's very smart.

Reaction Score
She's an elite rebounder. I think eventually she will be a good defender because she has quick feet and she's very smart.
Great, because we need rebounders! It seems like many of our competitors have been getting the best bigs in recent years (Aliyah Boston and Kim Cardoso at SC, Cameron Brink at Stanford & UCLA, etc.), causing our undersized bigs like AE (6'2") to struggle at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom