Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?)

Reaction Score
Damn near every college kid I know is active on snap.
I said grown men. Maybe this guy is a student, I don't know. But I do know spending all your time in cyber space is not good.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Isn't snap chat for little girls who are walking around face buried in cell phone 100% of the time? There are actually grown men on it????!
Not everybody can live the dream in Amsterdam. Or Baltimore.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good Christ.

WTNH news just did 30 seconds on the hire.

They teased it going into the commercial like Alosi had murdered the Royal Family twice.

One time a billion years ago 15 yards off the field he tripped a guy who had gone off course like Clyde in Pac Man.

Show some gumption UConn - WVIT gets no credentials until nonsense like that stops.

For once - own the narrative.

Reaction Score
Good Christ.

They teased it going into the commercial like Alosi had murdered the Royal Family twice.

One time a billion years ago 15 yards off the field he tripped a guy who had gone off course like Clyde in Pac Man.

Show some gumption UConn - WVIT gets no credentials until nonsense like that stops.

Like I said before, maybe all these people passing judgement on this guy should clean out their own closet before cleaning someone elses. As for murdering the royal family, I would give him a medal for that. We don't need royalty in 2018. I live in a country with a royal family, and they make me sick. Working people are struggling here and they live like pigs at our expense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good Christ.

Yes, by all means, turn it into a bigger story. That’s a good idea.

Besides, the only people who saw the story and cared about it are happy there’s finally someone on campus who can make an open field tackle.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This guy is a risk. I have no idea if he is a very small risk or a huge one because I don't know how much he changed.
I assume Hurley does.
But if he is as proud of his past mistakes as some of the posters here are; we are in for trouble.

I assume he put it behind him and that Hurley isn't stupid. There is a big difference between intense and out of control.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, by all means, turn it into a bigger story. That’s a good idea.

Besides, the only people who saw the story and cared about it are happy there’s finally someone on campus who can make an open field tackle.

Yep just sit back passively and monitor the situation.

The ROI on that approach has been fantastic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yep just sit back passively and monitor the situation.

The ROI on that approach has been fantastic.

This situation you ignore because no one cares.

Picking a fight with the press and yanking a credential works zero percent of the time. Picking a fight and yanking a credential because you don’t like the teaser about your strength and conditioning coach makes sense if you have the temperament and savvy of a 13-year old girl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This situation you ignore because no one cares.

Picking a fight with the press and yanking a credential works zero percent of the time. Picking a fight and yanking a credential because you don’t like the teaser about your strength and conditioning coach makes sense if you have the temperament and savvy of a 13-year old girl.

Pulling their credential is obvious hyperbole.

1000 apologies for even thinking to question such accomplished decision makers.

What’s the level of savvy that leads to being the biggest loser in CR and carrying the biggest subsidy in the country?

Sky high for sure.

Reaction Score
I said grown men. Maybe this guy is a student, I don't know. But I do know spending all your time in cyber space is not good.
Pretty much everyone I know in their late 20s has snap chat on their phone. Whether they actively use it or not is a different story. It's pretty amazing how big it got considering it was originally just used to send nudes

Reaction Score
Pretty much everyone I know in their late 20s has snap chat on their phone. Whether they actively use it or not is a different story. It's pretty amazing how big it got considering it was originally just used to send nudes
I guess I am just to old. Snap chat, twitter, facebook, instagram etc., people constantly on their phone. No one learns to interact one on one, face to face in the 3rd dimension where we live. Had a girl here walk out in front of a trolley car and get killed because she couldn't put the damn thing down long enough to cross the street. I am a man from a different time. I use computers, obviously, because I am on here right now, and it is a great thing. But in my archaic opinion young people spend way to much time on all this social media. Will be interesting to see the results over the next couple decades, although I will most likely be dead and gone.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When will Whaler get his own university and university athletic program to run? What would it look like; Notre Dame + Stanford + Duke + Texas with a large side order of Louisville? We know it wouldn't look like UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When will Whaler get his own university and university athletic program to run? What would it look like; Notre Dame + Stanford + Duke + Texas with a large side order of Louisville? We know it wouldn't look like UConn.

Mini-fridges in all administrative offices, for starters.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mini-fridges in all administrative offices, for starters.
Yeah, except there would be only one admin office - his, which is respectable. Everyone else would get canned and not replaced.

Reaction Score
ehhhhhh...Not a big fan of the hire considering the history BUT I guess all people turn it around. Perhaps he was able to prove, during the hiring process that he has indeed done so. At least I hope that was a topic that was covered (in a respectable manner of course).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, except there would be only one admin office - his, which is respectable. Everyone else would get canned and not replaced.

Aw do I criticize the most inept Athletic Department in the country too much?

I’m sorry people of Lego Land - Everything is Awesome!!! Crank up the Jock Jams CD!

Lets get Stunning Steve in here to talk about how awesome Tulsa is going to be!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Aw do I criticize the most inept Athletic Department in the country too much?

I’m sorry people of Lego Land - Everything is Awesome!!! Crank up the Jock Jams CD!

Lets get Stunning Steve in here to talk about how awesome Tulsa is going to be!
Take a slow & measured read through your first paragraph. Then take a slow & measured read through your second and third. They are poles apart and exaggerate mightily in both directions from what's largely written here.

Consider (adjusting your) meds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Take a slow & measured read through your first paragraph. Then take a slow & measured read through your second and third. They are poles apart and exaggerate mightily in both directions from what's largely written here.

Consider (adjusting your) meds.

The guy who wants to consider message board posts in a slow and measured fashion should probably figure out what he’s reading before giving that advice.

Hint: Paragraphs two and three are mocking criticisms of the athletic department not commentary on The Boneyard.

Since you don’t go to games you don’t realize they play the same Jock Jams songs from 20 years ago.

In paragraph three Tulsa was used as the object because not only is UConn in this bush league... when random useless programs like Tulsa and Tulane get added - nobody claims to know how or why. Nobody at UConn seemingly gave a rats behind to adding random schools thousands of miles away that bring nothing to table.

But it’s nice what’s left of UConn’s market power can be shared with two small private schools in another time zone. Maybe Grisholm can write Diaco into a story where a Tulane student sues him for crimes against football.

Let me know if there are other things you need spelled out in a more easily digestible fashion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom