Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He seems like a sarcastic, hard-ass, take no BS, accept no excuses kind of guy. A bit like Hurley and another guy we had here with the same initials as God (for some at least). Made some mistakes and seems to have straightened them out.

Looking forward to seeing some results. Our teams have been physically dominated even by less skilled opponents in recent years.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The tripping was no big deal. He flexed his knee a bit and an out of bounds player brushed by. Not as bad as Duke’s player repeatedly punching guys in the nuts.
Seriously. The dolphins player was wayyyy out of bounds. Like beyond the white line

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Got any good Liberace jokes?
Sure, Liberace makes a bet with another musician. Then instead of being an honorable, stand-up guy, he welches on the bet. Liberace is jerk.

Not funny? Well it really is never funny when a guy can't be trusted to live up to his word.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sure, Liberace makes a bet with another musician. Then instead of being an honorable stand up guy, he welches on. Liberace is jerk.

Not funny? Well it really is never funny when I guy can't be trusted to live up to his word.
#sadsack

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is a NO NONSENSE guy. He's also the coach who had that altercation with Puff Daddy at UCLA after his son expected special treatment from the program and received none of it from from coach Sal. He "pushed his son too hard" :rolleyes:. Also, Puff Daddy is INSANE to attack this guy, he's HUGE.

Reaction Score
Men's Basketball Adds Sal Alosi To Staff
Alosi explained that his plans for the UConn program go far beyond just strength and conditioning.

“We will build a 24-hour wellness program, where the time spent off the court and out of the weight room will be emphasized just as much as the time spent training,” he said. “We will be educating our team about how to eat, how to sleep, how to hydrate, how to recover -- establishing a game plan in all areas that can have a positive impact when it comes to on-court performance. There is a much greater commitment than just running and lifting. Ultimately, the tools we teach our players here will benefit them on and off the court, and long after their time at UConn.”
Damn...we could have just kept Diaco! :eek: The summary really makes it look like Alosi just tore a page out of Disastro's "playbook"....or could have been the other way around? ;) Either way, it won't take much for Alosi's results to be far far better!

C

Chief00

He seems like a sarcastic, hard-ass, take no BS, accept no excuses kind of guy. A bit like Hurley and another guy we had here with the same initials as God (for some at least). Made some mistakes and seems to have straightened them out.

Looking forward to seeing some results. Our teams have been physically dominated even by less skilled opponents in recent years.
Talented guys who have made mistakes are good value in the budget. This is the second redemption story in Hurley’s staff. I admire a head coach willing to take some risks and politically correct type criticism hits.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Talented guys who have made mistakes are good value in the budget. This is the second redemption story in Hurley’s staff. I admire a head coach willing to take some risks and politically correct type criticism hits.

Think "Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch" in "Hoosiers".

GenericPizza

Formerly Blaze
Reaction Score
Love this hire. Best customer I ever had. He would come into my shop twice a week, and each time he would order one small pie. Once delivered, he stood up and proceeded to tell us to throw it out because he hadn’t eaten a carb in years. He would then go back to his booth, order 4 chocolate milks, and pull out a tub of broccoli, chicken, and brown rice.

Reaction Score
Resounds loudly

>>“I just think the timing with a guy like Sal,” Hurley said Wednesday during an event at Rentschler Field. “And his personality as coach and the standards he sets for our program right now is a pretty good fit. Our team wasn’t very physical last year, a bit soft at times, it doesn’t pass the eye test when you see them. There has been a lot of turnovers in our strength and conditioning in the last year. This is a guy who is going to bring a ton of intensity and toughness to a team that it probably lacked.”<<

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This guy's an absolute animal. Exactly what we need. You don't want your SC coach to be 'right' in the head. Good hire.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Carlos Daniel would have I bet, but he left after two months on the job. Really wish we could have gotten some more background info on why he up and left so quickly.

An NBA gig is an NBA gig I'm guessing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom