Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?)

Reaction Score
No more strength and conditioning. He's our Human Performance Coach.
Good thing we only recruit human players.
But all this talk of diet and sleep patterns and stuff kind of brings to mind the guy that came from a ̶b̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶ gymnastics program and stressed stuff other than you know, strength.
Love this hire. No, this guy is completely different. He's a psycho, the kids will actually be lifting weights.

Reaction Score
Men's Basketball Adds Sal Alosi To Staff
Alosi explained that his plans for the UConn program go far beyond just strength and conditioning.

“We will build a 24-hour wellness program, where the time spent off the court and out of the weight room will be emphasized just as much as the time spent training,” he said. “We will be educating our team about how to eat, how to sleep, how to hydrate, how to recover -- establishing a game plan in all areas that can have a positive impact when it comes to on-court performance. There is a much greater commitment than just running and lifting. Ultimately, the tools we teach our players here will benefit them on and off the court, and long after their time at UConn.”
It's all about nutrition and supplements. He plans on fresh paint in the weight room also.

Reaction Score
The Sal Alosi You Don't Know
"Sal had very little patience. When he gave you instructions, you wanted to follow them," Bernstein said. "He also had that Long Island sense of humor. He's brash. He's sarcastic. He's straightforward. He'll tell you when you're out of shape or bringing a s h ¡ t effort."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't really quantify why, but I feel like the energy level at all the coaching positions has gone up a few notches. That alone has value and should translate to the court.

Just a feeling from the quotes as people come on board.

Reaction Score
I love how every time we hire a new S&C coach, whether its football or basketball, everyone is up in arms about how great the hire is. Then the second we hire a new coach for that sport, their first reaction is "These kids need better conditioning", "These seniors look like freshman", "Their diets are horrible", etc, etc, etc. I will believe its a good hire once I finally start seeing some results.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we’ve said the last two strength coaches are gonna turn things around. Won’t believe the hype until I see results. That being said I like he hire

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we’ve said the last two strength coaches are gonna turn things around. Won’t believe the hype until I see results. That being said I like he hire
Carlos Daniel would have I bet, but he left after two months on the job. Really wish we could have gotten some more background info on why he up and left so quickly.

Reaction Score
Good thing we have the funny police on ever vigilant watch.
The "trip" jokes suck but at least make it topical if you're going that route. We have a Tripp Doherty on our staff, that would work a little better than Jack Tripper and Monica's stained dress. Be better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The "trip" jokes suck but at least make it topical if you're going that route. We have a Tripp Doherty on our staff, that would work a little better than Jack Tripper and Monica's stained dress. Be better.
I'm sure you're right. Droning on and on about what is or isn't funny is a much better contribution to the thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom