Sacred Heart Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Sacred Heart Post Game Thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Happy that the seniors got to go out with a comfortable win. The team is still playing hard which is a testimony to Mora.

Roberson had a nice game even though I was a bit surprised the WRs couldn't get better separation against SHU. Joly is getting better and better. Not sure if Rosa is getting limited snaps due to injuries... fumbles...or both..but Edwards looked solid (except for the bad drop). Defense looked decent but not dominant (didn't force a turnover...only 2 sacks).

It was nice to see UConn easily handle an FCS opponent. Hopefully this helps their confidence for the UMass game.

Reaction Score
JM wasn't happy on that 90 secondpost game presser. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed either. We won handily but we probably should've had at 50 points on the scoreboard.

BTW, who broke their arm? He mentioned that just before ending the presser.

Reaction Score
JM wasn't happy on that 90 secondpost game presser. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed either. We won handily but we probably should've had at 50 points on the scoreboard.

I want to know also.

Reaction Score

Malik Dixon-Williams had his arm in a sling on sideline?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

It was underwhelming but considering how they have struggled with FCS in the past, I was fine with the win. Yes...they should have had 50...but it was good enough.

Reaction Score
It was really great to see a win today. Really nice for the seniors to get a W on their day and hopefully try and end the season on a positive note.

On the Debbie Downer side of things, I think we could have crushed SHU by a lot more and I wish we could have seen that.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

I just listened to the presser...Mora continues to bash the offense after every game. He started out the presser positive...someone said something positive about the offense and it seemed to really irritate him.

I know he wants to fix it with portal players but I don't see how Charlton survives.

Reaction Score
It’s good to see we’re better than Sacred Heart, happy for the seniors they go out on a winning note at home.

As far as the coaching staff stay the hell out of the way next week against Umass and let our players play.

Reaction Score
I just listened to the presser...Mora continues to bash the offense after every game. He started out the presser positive...someone said something positive about the offense and it seemed to really irritate him.

I know he wants to fix it with portal players but I don't see how Charlton survives.

Mora was not happy in the presser. I agree, it will be hard for Charlton to survive. I also agree with Mora, not enough points, we only scored 14 points in 3 quarters.

Reaction Score
Mora was not happy in the presser. I agree, it will be hard for Charlton to survive. I also agree with Mora, not enough points, we only scored 14 points in 3 quarters.
Mora was right! That offense performance was ok but but certainly not great. There were some drop passes and some terrible thrown balls. If we are going to beat Umass next week the offense has to be better!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I can't figure out why Charlton kept dialing upnpasses when we were averaging 5 yards a carry. If he kept it on the ground UConn scores 3 more touchdowns. Just odd play calling

Reaction Score
After watching the whole 2 minute press conference where Mora was clearly very unhappy with today's performance I think it's safe to say there are def a fair amount on here that dig for the positive more than he.

Reaction Score
On the Debbie Downer side of things, I think we could have crushed SHU by a lot more and I wish we could have seen that.
no... we couldn't have - we suck. we won by a fairly accurate margin for our talent. this wasn't tennessee vs uconn.

Reaction Score
Decided to go today despite the dumpster fire it's been all season, and Shaky is spot on - underwhelming is the word of the day. Was expecting UConn to dominate an FCS team that was 2-8, and that didn't happen on either side of the ball. I kept waiting for UConn to put down the gas pedal, and that never came.

Head scratching play calling. There was a sequence to start the third quarter where Rosa ripped off three long gainers running up the middle. He came out, could've been his ankle, and the plays switched to the outside - quick outs or pitches - that didn't go anywhere and UConn ended up punting from SHU's 35. I agree with all here that it's time to move on from Charlton.

Roberson looked decent today, but he had all day to throw, yet some of his balls were underthrown or off the mark. 22-35 for 201 is not earth shattering.

Special teams are still a concern. The sheer number of fair catches on punts leads me to think there are issues with blocking schemes. Yet there was one punt that was short and was fair caught by Hansen, who was one of the up men, and there wasn't a white shirt within 10 yards of him. Dude's a tight end from Michigan, clearly he should be able to run with the ball and get 5-10 yards on a return. If not, why is he even out there on punt returns?

Team has generally been undisciplined all season with untimely penalties and today was no exception.

Pleasantly surprised by the crowd, I thought there would be a lot less people there.

At the end of the day, a win is a win, but this one didn't prove much.

Last edited:

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
It was said earlier and often. … underwhelming. If they blew out SH and beat UMass handily I could see some momentum and perhaps Charlton gets another year (not my preference). My guess is Mora is laying the groundwork for a change at OC. What I find amazing is the one year we had Lashlee he turned less than average offensive players into at least average, Charlton hasn’t moved the needle at all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Those waiting for Roberson to show more are going to be disappointed. The O needs a complete overhaul as in 5-8 new starters and I say 5 because getting 8 is not realistic. The D still needs a lot of help but that is easier to fix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom