Report: Duke Coaches, Administrators Ignored Sexual Assault Allegations | The Boneyard

Report: Duke Coaches, Administrators Ignored Sexual Assault Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many acc scandals will it take before the NCAA actually punishes an acc school. By my count we are now up to four with Miami UNC Syracuse and now dook.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only thing I can see that was definitively wrong was not following the rules of Title IX. When there is smoke sometimes it isn't a fire, but when the smoke is coming from two different sources from two different years you have to wonder why the university did not begin an investigation.

Reaction Score
How many acc scandals will it take before the NCAA actually punishes an acc school. By my count we are now up to four with Miami UNC Syracuse and now dook.

Right. I mean, we were APRed because we told the truth on our graduation rates. UNC fabricated classes, and now Duke is accused of failing to report a sexual assault. I'm not saying Duke should get Penn State-ed, but come on.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
nothing for them to worry about

1) their reported their APR scores are perfect
2) K is perfect, the 2nd coming of god
3) the girls wore miniskirts
4) the NCAA doesn't get involved in these internal matters, except when they choose to get involved in internal matters because they think it's politically correct to do so (see Joe Pa)
5) Dook always does everything right

Reaction Score
If the NCAA does anything (they wont) i'd put money on them putting 100% of the blame on John Scheyer

Reaction Score
Syracuse and UNC will not be getting off lightly.

I'm sure Duke will, though, especially after the Penn State debacle. The NCAA will tread lightly before overstepping their bounds again in a legal matter.

Reaction Score
I heard Suliamon is now interested in trying out for the Duke lacrosse team. :eek:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UNC, Cuse, now Duke (and if there was any justice the world FSU and Miami) geez are they even going to be field any teams for in conference play?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm all for piling on Duke, but something about this just doesn't read right to me.

I'm just skeptical about the assistant to the assistant to the assistants' story.

Reaction Score
On a somewhat related note, what ever happened with the "Lance Thomas bought a chain worth tens of thousands of dollars during a Duke road trip to NYC" story? He paid most but not all of the cost so the jeweler went public, then Lance "settled" the dispute. Now no one is talking. What a classic Duke cover-up!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If the NCAA does anything (they wont) i'd put money on them putting 100% of the blame on John Scheyer
He didn't see anything wrong with it. ;)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So far the ACC is putiing together a pretty good an all sexual assault team: Jones, Suliamon. Bernie Fine has offered to come back to coach.
Although, Patino does bring a lot to the table. You guys really want to join these perverts?

Reaction Score
Gotta wait for more info.
Sounds like the questions are:

Did K know about the alleged assaults in early 2014?
If so, did K bump it up the ladder, past the AD?
Or, if so, did he bump it up, but only one rung?

All leading to this:

Did K or the AD or the athletic department have the information, know or should have known it fell withing the "must report" guidelines, and then intentionally keep the information from the school?

K may be as big a fish as they come, as is Duke basketball, but that, to me, does not get them off the hook.

In fact, quite the opposite.

If it comes out that they did suppress this, and let the kid stay on the team to boot, the concerned groups are going to make this a priority, and K's basketball status is going to be no more helpful than was Paterno's football status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom