Preliminary diagnosis on Giffey's right index finger is a "dislocation fracture," according to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Preliminary diagnosis on Giffey's right index finger is a "dislocation fracture," according to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Leave Bob alone if they lose 1 or 2 this week they may even make that a banner at the Dunk........

Providence College/Coach Cooley
Achieved 1 spot from Next 4 Out
2013 Mens Basketball

LOL, would be funny and fitting to see them raise an unofficial banner.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Cool your jets PC fans. Cooley has had problems winning big games. His Fairfield teams gagged in the conf tourneys. If he gets the wins down this stretch I'll give him credit but Cooley has an awful lot to prove in big games.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
how the did this thread about Giffey's injury get hijacked by PC fans clamoring to prove theyre tournament eligible? (they're not).

Like, wtf.

Reaction Score
What you need to realize is your Providence and he's Ed Cooley....sorry but I look at your starters who we have watched for a couple of years and I see that team at least with 11 wins with Jim Calhoun coaching them......they are very good in the backcourt and should be better in the front court. Underachieving is the history of the program and that's how they went into the season thinking you guys would once again live up to your billing...he's done a better job and they have improved. But take the Friar Tuck glasses off, he's a good coach, better than TimWelch but so are 100 other coaches. Long way to go!! You guys are screwed up......

Biggest bunch of Hindsight 20/20 BS I've ever seen.

JC would have gotten 11 wins out of this team? So many superstars right?
Cotton. BC pulled their scholly offer. Thought they could do better.
Batts. No one was looking for him. Problem child under Keno
Coleman. Transfer to Zags
Dixon. Problem child. Gone.
VC, out for half the year.

C'mon man! Take off the Husky coloredglasses for 2 seconds and give Cooley his due.

Reaction Score
Hilarious. Unbelievable how ignorant some of you are...
Talk about a weak BE schedule, how about you take a glance at your own? Home and homes with DePaul, USF, PC, Cinci(both when they are/have been struggling bigtime). Toughest road games at Marq, ND, Pitt...Now that is a joke, compare that to our BE schedule.

Also, seeing what this PC team is doing now, I'd say the injuries were a pretty big blow to the team. Council is the catalyst to the team, went down the 1st game of the year and didn't return until right before BE play, and didn't get back into form until late January. Cotton battled a knee injury(still isn't 100% better) and missed two games we lost, and one of them we played with 5 scholarship players. And of course Dunn missed the 1st half recovering from the torn labrum, and it really set him back. He has really improved since his return, great game last night.

If the NIT started today we would be a top 4 seed easy, most likely a 3 or maybe 2, with a home game in the 1st round.

And don't you worry, as good as Council is and as big as he's been, we'll be just fine without him. If I were you I'd be much more concerned about what the name of that mess of a conference you'll be in will be...or more importantly, how and when the hell you can get out of it for something better.

Obviously you are the ignorant one here. Just look at the RPI difference between UConn and PeeCee, then try to justify that. Our losses include to ranked teams including NC State, New Mexico, Gtown, Louisville, Marquette AND we beat Syr, ND at ND [nobody else does that], Mich State. Not to mention we beat PeeCee at your place and are ahead of you in the BE standings. Don't talk to me about injuries either, Bazz has been playing hurt most of the year and your guys have been back for almost all BE games. Cry me a f*N river. Congrats on being a "probable" top 4 seed in the NIT. We are UConn, and aspire to much higher goals pal.

Reaction Score
Oh, so having one guy dinged most of the year is equivalent to having your two best players miss multiple games? I'm sure they were both magically healed and 100 percent when they got back.

Btw, we realize he's Ed Cooley. That's why we are so jacked.

caw

Reaction Score
Oh, so having one guy dinged most of the year is equivalent to having your two best players miss multiple games? I'm sure they were both magically healed and 100 percent when they got back.

Btw, we realize he's Ed Cooley. That's why we are so jacked.

IMO if both PC and UConn were injury free and eligible this year UConn would be a projected 4-6 seed right now and PC would be a 9-12 seed. I think that's more than fair. Do you agree?

UConn just has a more impressive resume even if we magically gave PC 5 wins against the crap PC lost to with a depleted roster.

UConn was leading both UL and Georgetown before Napier was injured in both games. Injuries have cost UConn two games (Georgetown/Cincy) if not three games (UL) this year, IMO. Injury free, UConn could have wins over UL, Cuse, Gtown, Michigan State, and ND. Those are the current #10, #12, #7, #9 and #21 teams in the country. Look at Napier's plus/minus in the Gtown game and that one is pretty obvious. Cincy was a 5 point loss with half a game from Giffey and no Napier. The UL game is a bit less obvious, I'm not sure how much Napier's shoulder hurt UConn in that one.

PC's best win is at home against #21 and that loss to DePaul still looms. It was a 10 point loss at home to DePaul with a full roster. Even if I give you that one due to players not being fully recovered, I don't think you could claim injuries cost you wins against top teams, just losses against 5 scrub teams.

I thought UConn's OOC was light:

MSU, UVM, Quin, UNM, Stonybrook, UNH, NCST, Harvard, UMES, Fordham, Washington

then I looked at PC's:

NJIT, Bryant, UMass, PSU, UNCA, Fairfield, HC, MSST, URI, Colgate, BC, Brown

That is cupcake city there folks.

All that said, I like Cooley for PC. I wouldn't want him at UConn but I think he's a good fit for PC.

Reaction Score
What you need to realize is your Providence and he's Ed Cooley....sorry but I look at your starters who we have watched for a couple of years and I see that team at least with 11 wins with Jim Calhoun coaching them......they are very good in the backcourt and should be better in the front court. Underachieving is the history of the program and that's how they went into the season thinking you guys would once again live up to your billing...he's done a better job and they have improved. But take the Friar Tuck glasses off, he's a good coach, better than TimWelch but so are 100 other coaches. Long way to go!! You guys are screwed up......

Again, I really hope you are just having some fun with me and joking around here. I don't know if I've ever seen a more bs post on this site, and that says a hell of a lot...
Maybe if Calhoun had super powers to magically heal the injury problems that effected the team as a whole up until late January, then maybe you'd be right...Btw, I am amazed at what Cooley and the staff have gotten out of the frontcourt this year, and the job they have done with Batts on and off the court.

Reaction Score
Obviously you are the ignorant one here. Just look at the RPI difference between UConn and PeeCee, then try to justify that. Our losses include to ranked teams including NC State, New Mexico, Gtown, Louisville, Marquette AND we beat Syr, ND at ND [nobody else does that], Mich State. Not to mention we beat PeeCee at your place and are ahead of you in the BE standings. Don't talk to me about injuries either, Bazz has been playing hurt most of the year and your guys have been back for almost all BE games. Cry me a f*N river. Congrats on being a "probable" top 4 seed in the NIT. We are UConn, and aspire to much higher goals pal.

Re-read my post and please tell me how I was ignorant...That, or go look up the definition of ignorant...
Was I comparing OOC schedules and RPI? No...I was responding to your idiotic post saying we had a very weak BE schedule...In reality, not nearly as weak as your BE schedule, I just found it funny you would throuw that in your post.

Injuries...yea...
Picture losing Napier to a serious injury the 1st game of the year and doesn't return until late DEC, Calhoun to a torn labrum and out until late DEC, and Boatright to a knee injury that sidelines him a few games...then we'd see who would be doing the crying...another thing, clearly you have no idea about sports injuries or being part of sports. Council took a while to get up to speed, and Dunn never will be this year.

And I thought our site had some idiotic fans...

Reaction Score
IMO if both PC and UConn were injury free and eligible this year UConn would be a projected 4-6 seed right now and PC would be a 9-12 seed. I think that's more than fair. Do you agree?

Snce you threw in eligible; I will strongly disagree that Ricky Ledo wouldn't have made more of a differnce for this team. Hopefully, we will find out how good he looks in black/white next year.

Totally agree about a soft OOC. Young team, still learning; so I give EC a pass. Going forward, no excuses. Go play people. rumored to be playing UK in Dec at the Barclays, and paradise jam with Vandy, Maryland, No Illinois, Morgan St, LaSalle, Marist, Loyola Marymount

caw

Reaction Score
Re-read my post and please tell me how I was ignorant...That, or go look up the definition of ignorant...
Was I comparing OOC schedules and RPI? No...I was responding to your idiotic post saying we had a very weak BE schedule...In reality, not nearly as weak as your BE schedule, I just found it funny you would throuw that in your post.

Injuries...yea...
Picture losing Napier to a serious injury the 1st game of the year and doesn't return until late DEC, Calhoun to a torn labrum and out until late DEC, and Boatright to a knee injury that sidelines him a few games...then we'd see who would be doing the crying...another thing, clearly you have no idea about sports injuries or being part of sports. Council took a while to get up to speed, and Dunn never will be this year.

And I thought our site had some idiotic fans...

Your site does, feel better? :p

First things first, not including the H/A between PC/UConn, PC's BE schedule was harder, but the difference wasn't huge. PC had one extra game against Cuse, where UConn had DePaul. Nova is close to Cinci, SHU is close to USF. PC had Gtown/UL on the road, UConn had ND/Pitt. PC had Rutgers away and SJU at home, UConn the opposite. Both had Marquette on the road. Basically the big difference is Cuse/DePaul H/A series.

Oddly the biggest difference in schedules was the H/A with Cuse/DePaul, yet in the three games UConn played UConn is 3-0 and in the three games PC played, PC is 0-3. Even if you switched those H/A on the schedule, UConn would be 2-1 at worse and PC would be 1-2 at best but PC beating DePaul is no foregone conclusion, PC lost by 10 at home with a full roster.

Both teams had weak schedules, UConn's was weaker, but it wasn't some huge gap. UConn made up for it in the OOC by a large margin.

caw

Reaction Score
Snce you threw in eligible; I will strongly disagree that Ricky Ledo wouldn't have made more of a differnce for this team. Hopefully, we will find out how good he looks in black/white next year.

Totally agree about a soft OOC. Young team, still learning; so I give EC a pass. Going forward, no excuses. Go play people. rumored to be playing UK in Dec at the Barclays, and paradise jam with Vandy, Maryland, No Illinois, Morgan St, LaSalle, Marist, Loyola Marymount

I meant Tournament eligible, not player eligible. I should have been clearer.

EDIT: Of course if UConn were tournament eligible, it's likely Oriakhi is still here, or Roscoe. Yes, if Ledo were eligible he would make a difference.

Reaction Score
Your site does, feel better? :p

First things first, not including the H/A between PC/UConn, PC's BE schedule was harder, but the difference wasn't huge. PC had one extra game against Cuse, where UConn had DePaul. Nova is close to Cinci, SHU is close to USF. PC had Gtown/UL on the road, UConn had ND/Pitt. PC had Rutgers away and SJU at home, UConn the opposite. Both had Marquette on the road. Basically the big difference is Cuse/DePaul H/A series.

Oddly the biggest difference in schedules was the H/A with Cuse/DePaul, yet in the three games UConn played UConn is 3-0 and in the three games PC played, PC is 0-3. Even if you switched those H/A on the schedule, UConn would be 2-1 at worse and PC would be 1-2 at best but PC beating DePaul is no foregone conclusion, PC lost by 10 at home with a full roster.

Both teams had weak schedules, UConn's was weaker, but it wasn't some huge gap. UConn made up for it in the OOC by a large margin.

Agree it wasn't a "huge gap", a little overboard saying that...I just found it funny that the guy said our BE schedule was weak...

Don't you guys hate Oriakhi? A cancer to the team type player, overated...that's what I see on this board a lot.

Reaction Score
Biggest bunch of Hindsight 20/20 BS I've ever seen.

JC would have gotten 11 wins out of this team? So many superstars right?
Cotton. BC pulled their scholly offer. Thought they could do better.
Batts. No one was looking for him. Problem child under Keno
Coleman. Transfer to Zags
Dixon. Problem child. Gone.
VC, out for half the year.

C'mon man! Take off the Husky coloredglasses for 2 seconds and give Cooley his due.

Wait they're not good players now dipsh*t? If they're so fn awful why do you have them going to the tourney and what's all the crap about "if this guy wasn't hurt and......and blah blah.."......??? WTF you can't have it all, either he has good players and should have won more or they just suck - your call sean!!!!:rolleyes: We're not talking about when they walked into PC we're talking now......are they or aren't they any good?

Did Cooley recruit them all?....the guys who are scoring the most??

Take your glasses off due you just joined freakin bob in the PC rankings......

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
16-12 with losses to BC, Brown and Depaul....inform me which tournament you're talking about?
Hold up...I saw Depaul for about 5 minutes on Saturday getting waxed by USF. Providence lost to THOSE guys?

Reaction Score
None of these guys were studs or guys that everyone had to have. EC has gotten them to buy in. Cotton went from being a super-sub to the BE's leading scorer on ECs watch.

They have developed under him. Can't have it both ways. You guys say our team sucks when it suits your argument; but when it doesn't, PC is a super-talented squad that had underachieved this year.

Picked dead last by just about everyone. So I guess the guy can coach a little bit.

Reaction Score
None of these guys were studs or guys that everyone had to have. EC has gotten them to buy in. Cotton went from being a super-sub to the BE's leading scorer on ECs watch.

They have developed under him. Can't have it both ways. You guys say our team sucks when it suits your argument; but when it doesn't, PC is a super-talented squad that had underachieved this year.

Picked dead last by just about everyone. So I guess the guy can coach a little bit.

Like it or not they have some nice players.......not sure what's up the BE coaches a**es but 15 is stupid.....anyway good luck. You have your view and we have ours, and Ed Cooley as runaway COY in the BE ain't one of them!!

Reaction Score
For the record, I never said he should win in a runaway; but should be in the convo.

See you Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer