Preliminary diagnosis on Giffey's right index finger is a "dislocation fracture," according to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Preliminary diagnosis on Giffey's right index finger is a "dislocation fracture," according to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a joke you PC fans are-you have so many bad losses that you'll be lucky to make the NIT. You played a very weak BE schedule don't forget. Lost to BC, Brown, Depaul etc. Blame in on Councils injury, but guess what your all time assist leader is leaving next year. Maybe Ledo can play PG-if Sham can convince him to stay. LMAO

Hilarious. Unbelievable how ignorant some of you are...
Talk about a weak BE schedule, how about you take a glance at your own? Home and homes with DePaul, USF, PC, Cinci(both when they are/have been struggling bigtime). Toughest road games at Marq, ND, Pitt...Now that is a joke, compare that to our BE schedule.

Also, seeing what this PC team is doing now, I'd say the injuries were a pretty big blow to the team. Council is the catalyst to the team, went down the 1st game of the year and didn't return until right before BE play, and didn't get back into form until late January. Cotton battled a knee injury(still isn't 100% better) and missed two games we lost, and one of them we played with 5 scholarship players. And of course Dunn missed the 1st half recovering from the torn labrum, and it really set him back. He has really improved since his return, great game last night.

If the NIT started today we would be a top 4 seed easy, most likely a 3 or maybe 2, with a home game in the 1st round.

And don't you worry, as good as Council is and as big as he's been, we'll be just fine without him. If I were you I'd be much more concerned about what the name of that mess of a conference you'll be in will be...or more importantly, how and when the hell you can get out of it for something better.

caw

Reaction Score
Talk about a weak BE schedule, how about you take a glance at your own? Home and homes with DePaul, USF, PC, Cinci(both when they are/have been struggling bigtime). Toughest road games at Marq, ND, Pitt...Now that is a joke, compare that to our BE schedule.

Also, seeing what this PC team is doing now, I'd say the injuries were a pretty big blow to the team. Council is the catalyst to the team, went down the 1st game of the year and didn't return until right before BE play, and didn't get back into form until late January. Cotton battled a knee injury(still isn't 100% better) and missed two games we lost, and one of them we played with 5 scholarship players. And of course Dunn missed the 1st half recovering from the torn labrum, and it really set him back. He has really improved since his return, great game last night.

If the NIT started today we would be a top 4 seed easy, most likely a 3 or maybe 2, with a home game in the 1st round.

And don't you worry, as good as Council is and as big as he's been, we'll be just fine without him. If I were you I'd be much more concerned about what the name of that mess of a conference you'll be in will be...or more importantly, how and when the hell you can get out of it for something better.

I agree with what you are saying.

First let's look at UConn versus PC. Right now UConn doesn't have a single bad loss (to a baf team) on the year. UConn also has two more impressive wins. Against Cuse and at Notre Dame. PCs best win is at home against ND, which is solid. UConn also has only one bad (blowout) to UL. PC has a few. Now UConn may have an easy BE schedule, but RPI has UConn at top 30 (or it was before the Cinci game) and PC at top 75. Take a look at SOS, UConns was much tougher OOC.

Second, looking at PC. Right now not even on the bubble. They aren't the 67th, 68th or even 70th team. I realize four losses were with a limited roster but losing to BC, UMass, and Penn State is bad for a BE team. Losing to freaking Brown is inexcusable. DePaul was with a full roster. If that was the only bad loss, it would be bad, with the others it's really, really bad. The fact Cuse's only win recently was destroying PC, also not good. PC needs four more wins this year to be on the NCAA bubble. UK is on thr outside looking in and they have a stronger resume than PC. BTW, I'm not sure if you are aware but the NCAA committee has said that last ten isn't a consideration anymore.

Third, head to head Nova has a much stronger resume. Head to head games would be a tie breaker if it were closer but it isn't. If PC had beaten four of PSU, DePaul, Brown, UMass, BC then they would likely be ahead of Nova based on head to head. Even only two of those losses and PC might be ahead of Nova.

Fourth, Cinci is also easily ahead of PC. Their worst loss is PC.

I havent looke at SJUs schedule to tell you about them.

Obviously things could change depending on how the season ends but PC needs four wins to get in even if they end up 6th in the BE.

If PC beats UConn without Giffey and Napier, not sure it will play as much as PC would like it to for the committee. PC wins out the regular season and only gets one in the BET and they sit at 19-13 with zero big wins, an RPI in the 70s and five horrid losses. Injuriea or bot five losses that bad just hurt Most at large teams need an RPI in the 50s.

Honestly, if it weren't for your annoying fanbase, I would love PC to make the NCAAT, though some of the regulars here aren't that bad.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

There is no conference inclusion that can elevate PC from its punchline status.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying.

First let's look at UConn versus PC. Right now UConn doesn't have a single bad loss (to a baf team) on the year. UConn also has two more impressive wins. Against Cuse and at Notre Dame. PCs best win is at home against ND, which is solid. UConn also has only one bad (blowout) to UL. PC has a few. Now UConn may have an easy BE schedule, but RPI has UConn at top 30 (or it was before the Cinci game) and PC at top 75. Take a look at SOS, UConns was much tougher OOC.

Second, looking at PC. Right now not even on the bubble. They aren't the 67th, 68th or even 70th team. I realize four losses were with a limited roster but losing to BC, UMass, and Penn State is bad for a BE team. Losing to freaking Brown is inexcusable. DePaul was with a full roster. If that was the only bad loss, it would be bad, with the others it's really, really bad. The fact Cuse's only win recently was destroying PC, also not good. PC needs four more wins this year to be on the NCAA bubble. UK is on thr outside looking in and they have a stronger resume than PC. BTW, I'm not sure if you are aware but the NCAA committee has said that last ten isn't a consideration anymore.

Third, head to head Nova has a much stronger resume. Head to head games would be a tie breaker if it were closer but it isn't. If PC had beaten four of PSU, DePaul, Brown, UMass, BC then they would likely be ahead of Nova based on head to head. Even only two of those losses and PC might be ahead of Nova.

Fourth, Cinci is also easily ahead of PC. Their worst loss is PC.

I havent looke at SJUs schedule to tell you about them.

Obviously things could change depending on how the season ends but PC needs four wins to get in even if they end up 6th in the BE.

If PC beats UConn without Giffey and Napier, not sure it will play as much as PC would like it to for the committee. PC wins out the regular season and only gets one in the BET and they sit at 19-13 with zero big wins, an RPI in the 70s and five horrid losses. Injuriea or bot five losses that bad just hurt Most at large teams need an RPI in the 50s.

Honestly, if it weren't for your annoying fanbase, I would love PC to make the NCAAT, though some of the regulars here aren't that bad.

Agree with everything you said, good post...
Lunardi now has us 1 spot away from his "next for out" category, and we've jumped SJU with the W last night. The way I see it is PC needs 20 wins, so 4 more wins. Get to 20, I'd say we have a very solid shot at NCAA's...Will be tough, but looking at the schedule and the way the team has played since the start of February, I'm not counting them out. Regardless of what happens, it's been a hell of a season, and friar town has been resurrected...Cooley has my COY vote in a run away...What he has done with this program, that was a complete disaster when he took over, in under 2 years on the job, and the turn around with this team(that was picked to finish last) has been nothing short of amazing.
Things will get serious if PC closes out the season 2-0 vs SHU and UConn.

Reaction Score
The only thing I disagree with is head to head vs. Nova. If PC wins out and finishes ahead of Nova in conference and beat them head to head twice; no way they get in over pc(if it comes down to that).

Brown was a horrid loss. PSU loss looks bad BC their all big 10 guard blew out his knee right after our game. Just our luck that the last 10 games isn't weighed anymore.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything you said, good post...
Lunardi now has us 1 spot away from his "next for out" category, and we've jumped SJU with the W last night. The way I see it is PC needs 20 wins, so 4 more wins. Get to 20, I'd say we have a very solid shot at NCAA's...Will be tough, but looking at the schedule and the way the team has played since the start of February, I'm not counting them out. Regardless of what happens, it's been a hell of a season, and friar town has been resurrected...Cooley has my COY vote in a run away...What he has done with this program, that was a complete disaster when he took over, in under 2 years on the job, and the turn around with this team(that was picked to finish last) has been nothing short of amazing.
Things will get serious if PC closes out the season 2-0 vs SHU and UConn.

You try to be nice but you're a dope!! Cooley with a run away as COY....yeah okay. Ollie did a job without a front court didn't he? I mean if Cooley gets them to the dance by winning the last 2 and then a couple in the tourney he should be considered. But let's not underestimate how good this team at PC should be and isn't.....talented backcourt and a decent front court as Batts is better than anyone we throw out there in the middle.......I mean I wish I could root for PC since the Huskies aren't there and I like the underdogs, but mushroom caps like you make it close to impossible....

Maybe for sean as he is somewhat normal on occasion and actually like how hard they play, "hard" not always smart though which usually translates from coaching!!

Reaction Score
You try to be nice but you're a dope!! Cooley with a run away as COY....yeah okay. Ollie did a job without a front court didn't he? I mean if Cooley gets them to the dance by winning the last 2 and then a couple in the tourney he should be considered. But let's not underestimate how good this team at PC should be and isn't.....talented backcourt and a decent front court as Batts is better than anyone we throw out there in the middle.......I mean I wish I could root for PC since the Huskies aren't there and I like the underdogs, but mushroom caps like you make it close to impossible....

Maybe for sean as he is somewhat normal on occasion and actually like how hard they play, "hard" not always smart though which usually translates from coaching!!

"But let's not underestimate how good this team at PC should be and isn't"

Ummm, what? We were picked to finish last you know, right? Please tell me that was a joke... We have a shot at finishing as high as 6th, most likely no lower than 8th, and are making an NCAA push late in the season.
If it wasn't a politics/popularity type award, it would be a disgrace if it wasn't Cooley's... If you look at the big picture, it is no contest...Lavin said the same last night, I actually used his words "in a run away".

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's just so odd. Providence fans coming to a UConn board and acting offended that UConn fans don't think much of their team. All are welcome to post, I guess, but are you really expecting a PC fan club over here?

Reaction Score
"But let's not underestimate how good this team at PC should be and isn't"

Ummm, what? We were picked to finish last you know, right? Please tell me that was a joke... We have a shot at finishing as high as 6th, most likely no lower than 8th, and are making an NCAA push late in the season.
If it wasn't a politics/popularity type award, it would be a disgrace if it wasn't Cooley's... If you look at the big picture, it is no contest...Lavin said the same last night, I actually used his words "in a run away".

Lavin is an idiot. His stupid lines could fill a book.
Ollie took a team raped by the NCAA , with our loyal confernce mates as spectators if not participants.
A fact I will never forgive or forget.
SI picked us for next to last ahead of only Depaul and said we were the 125th best team in the country.
Based on the frontcourt that was not to far off.
With nothing to play for this team has never rolled over even when behind.
We have one of the BE the top OC wins Michigan State. We got screwed at Marquette (we have Aresco's apology)
Exposed (a full strenght)Cuse when everyone was jumping on theit bandwagon as a top seed.
Came within an eyeleash of beating the hottest team in the country.Being touted as a number one.
With our best player hurt.
Won at ND (who does that)
Beat a team that outrebounded us by 31 on their home court.
Tell me again what is it you have done ?

C

Chief00

With all the injuries now on a team with little depth it is a blessing in disquise we will be shutting things down soon - hopefully with 1 more win - but that is gone to be tough now unless Bazz comes back.

Reaction Score
Raped by the NCAA? You lost one guy, who many here were glad to see go. Try watching every guy on the take get cleared while your guy with academic woes gets nixed. Try watching STARTERS get cleared immediately while your guy who played 7 minutes in 2 games not even get a hearing.

PC lost 2 starters to transfers, so cry me a river. One mag picked you to flop. Boo Hoo. EVERYONE picked PC dead last. Your best player got hurt and missed ONE game and was hobbled in another. Ours missed the entire OOC slate and wasn't right until mid January.

Oh yeah, our only other healthy guard wasn't healthy until January as well. We had to start a frosh and a walk on in a few games, and played half he season with 6 healthy scholarship players. Reason to quit? 2-7 start to the slate, with the wolves circling. 6-1 since, with a punchers chance at the tourney. BE leading scorer. VC second in assists in the league. Henton second in rebounding as a soph.

Reaction Score
Play along.

If PC wins its next 2 games and 1 in the bet; record is 19-13(10-8) in conference. Tied for sixth with UConn, passing Cincy and nova. RPI would be low 60s
Close the season 9-2 with only losses to Cuse and another 3-5 seed.
Bad losses were without council. Only clunker is DePaul.
Nova is currently last 4 in. No way the tourney can jump PC if we finish ahead in conference and swept them.

Lots of wood to chop, but still a punchers chance

They don't even look at the conference standings. Nova has way better wins than you and a better RPI. They would probably get the nod.

Reaction Score
Raped by the NCAA? You lost one guy, who many here were glad to see go. Try watching every guy on the take get cleared while your guy with academic woes gets nixed. Try watching STARTERS get cleared immediately while your guy who played 7 minutes in 2 games not even get a hearing.

PC lost 2 starters to transfers, so cry me a river. One mag picked you to flop. Boo Hoo. EVERYONE picked PC dead last. Your best player got hurt and missed ONE game and was hobbled in another. Ours missed the entire OOC slate and wasn't right until mid January.

Oh yeah, our only other healthy guard wasn't healthy until January as well. We had to start a frosh and a walk on in a few games, and played half he season with 6 healthy scholarship players. Reason to quit? 2-7 start to the slate, with the wolves circling. 6-1 since, with a punchers chance at the tourney. BE leading scorer. VC second in assists in the league. Henton second in rebounding as a soph.

How can you be on this board so much and still not have any clue what's going on with our program? We only lost 1 guy?

Reaction Score
Lavin is an idiot. His stupid lines could fill a book.
Ollie took a team raped by the NCAA , with our loyal confernce mates as spectators if not participants.
A fact I will never forgive or forget.
SI picked us for next to last ahead of only Depaul and said we were the 125th best team in the country.
Based on the frontcourt that was not to far off.
With nothing to play for this team has never rolled over even when behind.
We have one of the BE the top OC wins Michigan State. We got screwed at Marquette (we have Aresco's apology)
Exposed (a full strenght)Cuse when everyone was jumping on theit bandwagon as a top seed.
Came within an eyeleash of beating the hottest team in the country.Being touted as a number one.
With our best player hurt.
Won at ND (who does that)
Beat a team that outrebounded us by 31 on their home court.
Tell me again what is it you have done ?

-But officially, you guys were picked 9th...Right now, you guys are 2 spots ahead of that.
-Cooley took over a program, less than 2 years ago, that was at rock bottom. The program was a joke, and there were a lot more problems than just the basketball product and recruiting. The change Cooley has brought to this program on and off the basketball court has been amazing. He has truly resurrected this program, and no one expected him to do this in such a short period of time. Incredible rebuilding job so far.....I understand what the NCAA did to your guys' season this year, but Ollie was handed the same coaching staff full of former HC's, still has JC lurking, and a big time winner in Napier. Also, we lost a key player to transfer also and the NCAA did us no favors with Ledo and Johnson.
-Council goes down the 1st game, doesn't come back until right before BE play, and wasn't himself again until late January. Cotton hurt his knee early in the year, and missed 2 of the games we lost. Dunn had the torn labrum and didn't debut until right before BE play, and it set him back big time....Had some bad losses, and had a 2-7 record in BE play...now we are 8-8 and have NCAA hopes....incredible mid-season turn around, that is basically unheard of in the BE.
-Were picked 15th in the BE...Right now we are in 9th with a legit chance to finish tied for 7th with you guys.
-Tell me...Where would UConn be right now if Napier went down in the first 5 minutes of your season, and didn't return until BE play? Calhoun had a torn labrum, and didn't return until BE play? Boatright missed a few games because of a knee injury? Just think about that, because UConn and PC are pretty similar built teams this year.

Not saying Ollie hasn't done a great job, but just not as impressive as what Cooley has done.

Reaction Score
They absolutely have better wins. Hopefully our sweep will carry some weight

Reaction Score
It's just so odd. Providence fans coming to a UConn board and acting offended that UConn fans don't think much of their team. All are welcome to post, I guess, but are you really expecting a PC fan club over here?
If ever there is a chance for Providence fans to crow about their team compared to ours, it's these next couple of weeks.
Once next year starts and our shackles are off, things will begin to return to normalcy.

Reaction Score
They absolutely have better wins. Hopefully our sweep will carry some weight
That's what I'm saying. It doesn't carry any weight according to what the committee says. They evaluate teams on their entire body of work, not head to head matchups like that. I'm pretty sure that they've also changed their strategy in terms of the last 10 games. I think they weigh every game equally now, and the last 10 doesn't really matter, but they do have it available to look at if they want.

Reaction Score
If ever there is a chance for Providence fans to crow about their team compared to ours, it's these next couple of weeks.
Once next year starts and our shackles are off, things will begin to return to normalcy.

Care to wager on next year, skippy.

Reaction Score
Old school wrasslin; loser leaves town. Team that has a worse season; that guy leaves the yard; for a calendar year.

Fishy is the judge.

Reaction Score
Old school wrasslin; loser leaves town. Team that has a worse season; that guy leaves the yard; for a calendar year.

Fishy is the judge.

Your idea of terms for a bet are as bad as your knowledge of UConn players that transferred. Here is a hint, it is not one.

Edit: You should not be allowed to post to the Prov board for a year.

Reaction Score
-But officially, you guys were picked 9th...Right now, you guys are 2 spots ahead of that.
-Cooley took over a program, less than 2 years ago, that was at rock bottom. The program was a joke, and there were a lot more problems than just the basketball product and recruiting. The change Cooley has brought to this program on and off the basketball court has been amazing. He has truly resurrected this program, and no one expected him to do this in such a short period of time. Incredible rebuilding job so far.....I understand what the NCAA did to your guys' season this year, but Ollie was handed the same coaching staff full of former HC's, still has JC lurking, and a big time winner in Napier. Also, we lost a key player to transfer also and the NCAA did us no favors with Ledo and Johnson.
-Council goes down the 1st game, doesn't come back until right before BE play, and wasn't himself again until late January. Cotton hurt his knee early in the year, and missed 2 of the games we lost. Dunn had the torn labrum and didn't debut until right before BE play, and it set him back big time....Had some bad losses, and had a 2-7 record in BE play...now we are 8-8 and have NCAA hopes....incredible mid-season turn around, that is basically unheard of in the BE.
-Were picked 15th in the BE...Right now we are in 9th with a legit chance to finish tied for 7th with you guys.
-Tell me...Where would UConn be right now if Napier went down in the first 5 minutes of your season, and didn't return until BE play? Calhoun had a torn labrum, and didn't return until BE play? Boatright missed a few games because of a knee injury? Just think about that, because UConn and PC are pretty similar built teams this year.

Not saying Ollie hasn't done a great job, but just not as impressive as what Cooley has done.

What you need to realize is your Providence and he's Ed Cooley....sorry but I look at your starters who we have watched for a couple of years and I see that team at least with 11 wins with Jim Calhoun coaching them......they are very good in the backcourt and should be better in the front court. Underachieving is the history of the program and that's how they went into the season thinking you guys would once again live up to your billing...he's done a better job and they have improved. But take the Friar Tuck glasses off, he's a good coach, better than TimWelch but so are 100 other coaches. Long way to go!! You guys are screwed up......

Reaction Score
Lunardi now has us 1 spot away from his "next four out" category,

This type of statement has never been posted on our Board. We UConn fans don't understand this kind of talk and its foreign to us.

And you wonder why we treat you all like Aliens, you don't speak our language.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Losing Giffey is big. He was our best defensive player, and now we get even shorter.

Reaction Score
This type of statement has never been posted on our Board. We UConn fans don't understand this kind of talk and its foreign to us.

And you wonder why we treat you all like Aliens, you don't speak our language.

Leave Bob alone if they lose 1 or 2 this week they may even make that a banner at the Dunk........

Providence College/Coach Cooley
Achieved 1 spot from Next 4 Out
2013 Mens Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members