Portal Shopping List | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Portal Shopping List

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So many exciting things they can do - and could have done in the past - as long as they could have been and hopefully will be "healthy."

One thing regarding Sarah, when I think of high post it means you are also looking to dump the ball inside. You really can't do that if you are at the 3pt line. So, having Sarah play a lot of high-low in which she is the high probably takes away from her ability to take 3's.

And if she is a threat to take 3's - she is a natural mismatch because 6'2 is a terrific height to be taking 3's.
I think Sarah gives a triple threat at the high post on screening action, she can screen and role to the hoop, screen and pop to the 3 pt line or simply stay put and take the open 15' shot - gives defenses three issues in defending, and in highlights I have seen all three run by her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some of you people have to realize that we need another big to compete for a national title. We may be ok to compete for a Big East title.
Not a single player over 6-3 for Iowa and one player at 6-4 for 2023 champion LSU

33DF3AA3-40E0-4966-9184-19710B80B1EF.jpeg

C5BBE872-8FDF-457C-A4D6-9C6DC634063E.jpeg

Reaction Score
So I'm with some others in that im really looking forward to watch our underclassmen get an opportunity. I think it's kinda been lost but Ice may not have played against USC if others were not in foul trouble. Geno kinda said as much post game. And if she doesn't step up in that moment then who knows if she plays against Iowa. Q did step up against USC and still didn't play against Iowa. So I don't like the thought of adding players. However there's always an exception to every rule. Reagan Beers, Kiki Iriafen are special cases. Also if u do get a 5th year who truly just wants to be a part of Connecticut and is not worried about minutes that would work. But I really think Kaitlyn Chen is starting point guard on a final four team good, I'd be bummed for her if she sat behind kk and Paige the whole year. Like I have to see to believe Geno will go 9 deep and additionally in the big games he won't place Paige and Azzi and kk all 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Some of you people have to realize that we need another big to compete for a national title. We may be ok to compete for a Big East title.
Wrong on the facts as the past two years have amply demonstrated. We just competed for an NC, made it all the way to the semifinal game, with two 6’3” players. And like Iowa, who started a 6’2” post player and only played 7, we were competitive. I think a lot of people need to watch these games a bit more closely.

That said, I’m all for adding an extra post player, whether it be Kiki at 6’3” (effectively replacing Aaliyah) or Raegan at 6’4” (slow moving but effective in half court sets). But this is not a desperate need. We will be competitive as is. What some people need to do is trust Geno and his staff and trust the process. The season will be a lot more dint that way.

I’m also wary of filling the scholarship chart if that limits next year’s recruiting.

Reaction Score
But S.C. won because mainly because of their height. That is what separated the two teams. Athletic bigs are most important on a team.
SC didn't win because of their height, it was their athleticism and depth. The previous year, as stated by Nan, LSU won with 1 player at 6-4. That year, SC had 6-5 and 6-7 in the post and didn't win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But S.C. won because mainly because of their height. That is what separated the two teams. Athletic bigs are most important on a team.
You think So Carolina won just because Cardoso is 6-7? She had 15 points, one lass than Iowa’s Martin. Tessa Johnson, a 6-0 guard, was the difference in that game.

Have you actually watched the Gamecocks I wonder?

Reaction Score
You think So Carolina won just because Cardoso is 6-7? She had 15 points, one lass than Iowa’s Martin. Tessa Johnson, a 6-0 guard, was the difference in that game.

Height is nice but South Carolina also puts quick and super athletic players on the court ten deep.........they also found some proficient three-point shooters which was a weakness in the past........that said, I'll take an athletic 6'2" player over an athletic 5'10" player any day of the week.....

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
How many 6' 5" to 6' 7" players are out there?

How many post players do we need?

Give it a rest. We can compete with next seasons roster.

Reaction Score

I watched the Gamecocks, and made special note of the number of rebounds in each tournament game, including the 17 in the final against Iowa. I think we could debate who was the difference.

Reaction Score

Heights ha matter, SC definitely doesn’t go undefeated and I’m not really sure they win the Natty w/o Cardoso. True they are very athletic, long, and talented but they were a beast with her addition.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think Sarah gives a triple threat at the high post on screening action, she can screen and role to the hoop, screen and pop to the 3 pt line or simply stay put and take the open 15' shot - gives defenses three issues in defending, and in highlights I have seen all three run by her.
Sarah and Jana both have guard skills. They both have four years of eligibility. That is two triple threats.

Reaction Score
Why then did Iowa beat them the year before? I happen to agree that it would be nice to have another 6’5” (a good one) but I disagree that we have to have one in order to win the title. I also would say that they won because of a multitude of factors and not simply because they were taller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom