Portal Shopping List | The Boneyard

Portal Shopping List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now that we know we have at least 2 scholarships available, whom do you want?

If she enters the portal, I’d grab Reagan Beers, as an experienced center is a need.

I’m curious about the 6’6” Aussie JuCo in New Mexico. Her recent videos are much improved.

I like Emely Rodriguez out of the Dominican Republic and Miami, though she may be a S. Carolina lean.

Kaitlyn Chen would be an intriguing option, and keeping her away from Stanford and UCLA could be a huge plus.

Though she plays on a pro team, I still have not heard anything definitive that Juste Jocyte is not an unpaid amateur. She’s really, really good. Think a 6’1” lean version of Kelsey Plum.

Reaction Score
Beers would be an excellent pick up but would want starter minutes. I suppose that would be better than relying on Jana immediately and really being the only 5–even though we saw teams like USC this weekend playing two 4s at the same time. An intriguing name for me is Grace Vanslooten. 6’3, can shoot, and has the height to play inside if needed, too.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Beers would be an excellent pick up but would want starter minutes. I suppose that would be better than relying on Jana immediately and really being the only 5–even though we saw teams like USC this weekend playing two 4s at the same time. An intriguing name for me is Grace Vanslooten. 6’3, can shoot, and has the height to play inside if needed, too.
Me too.

Reaction Score
I'd take Beers in a heartbeat. You could rotate her in as a starter for some games. I would imagine LSU would be really trying to grab her though. They need people for next season and I can Mulkey being willing to give her a starting role immediately.

Not so sure about Chen or VanSlooten. I think both could be solid off the bench players (but not 6th man).

Reaction Score
I'd take Beers in a heartbeat. You could rotate her in as a starter for some games. I would imagine LSU would be really trying to grab her though. They need people for next season and I can Mulkey being willing to give her a starting role immediately.

Not so sure about Chen or VanSlooten. I think both could be solid off the bench players (but not 6th man).
I wouldn't count out VanSlooten as a 6th man. Her ability to play inside and outside offers some flexibility in where she is on the court. Thought she handled herself well as a starter at Oregon in her freshman season.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count out VanSlooten as a 6th man. Her ability to play inside and outside offers some flexibility in where she is on the court. Thought she handled herself well as a starter at Oregon in her freshman season.
I didn't get to see her play much, just looked at her season stats this year against the better teams. So you might be right.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see her play much, just looked at her season stats this year against the better teams. So you might be right.
I wouldn't hold this year against her. That Oregon team underperformed big time as a group in my opinion. Still perplexed as to what's gone wrong over there.

Reaction Score
Beers... a no-brainer who should start over Jana, if one considers health and experience. No reason you can't play Beers 20-25 minutes a game, and Jana 18-20 her first season back. VanSlooten and Pania Davis also should be considered. I'd opt for Davis first.

I hate to say this, but SCARO is the post standard right now, and UCLA is about to make their mark with what they have and what's coming in. Just saying... Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I’d prefer to watch our players develop.
Me too. We saw what playing Shade and KK did for their development, I'd like to see this more. We have three freshman and Jana coming into the rotation for next season. Let's see what they've got before we decide we have holes that need plugging. I don't see too many impact players wanting to come here for a year or two just to be #14 and #15.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Geno pick up a veteran big, and use her and Jana the same way Dan Hurley uses our bigs on the men's side. Geno likes to play an up tempo offense, and this would give him fresh legs everywhere, to wear out our opponents come the 4th quarter. If he gets a big for just one year, next year Jana gets the start, and Gandy gets the back up rotation. This way, everyone gets minutes, and stays fresh.

Reaction Score
Me too. We saw what playing Shade and KK did for their development, I'd like to see this more. We have three freshman and Jana coming into the rotation for next season. Let's see what they've got before we decide we have holes that need plugging. I don't see too many impact players wanting to come here for a year or two just to be #14 and #15.
Considering we ended this Big East Tournament one injury away from having to disqualify, it seems prudent to have 15 bodies on the roster. 14 and 15 in Nov can easily be 7 and 8 by March.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, just like this past season, by the time we know we have holes that need plugging (through injuries, failure to develop or whatever), it will be too late to plug those holes. The calendar doesn't work that way.

Reaction Score
Beers isn't even officially in the portal yet, although it seems most expect her to be. If she does leave and goes to a team where she doesn't start, she needs to get her head checked.
Yeah, not sure how she would be seen as a bench player if she were to go somewhere else. At the same time, I don't know how much weight I put into rumours. Selfishly, I hope she stays with Rueck.

Reaction Score
Beers isn't even officially in the portal yet, although it seems most expect her to be. If she does leave and goes to a team where she doesn't start, she needs to get her head checked.
However, if I was her, in the portal, and Geno calls. I'd tell myself. Hmm. Edwards is gone, Ice was so so, and Jana is a freshman coming off an injury. I'm pretty good so that starting center job is mine...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Geno pick up a veteran big, and use her and Jana the same way Dan Hurley uses our bigs on the men's side. Geno likes to play an up tempo offense, and this would give him fresh legs everywhere, to wear out our opponents come the 4th quarter. If he gets a big for just one year, next year Jana gets the start, and Gandy gets the back up rotation. This way, everyone gets minutes, and stays fresh.
Makes sense. Count me in.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What position does Gardiner play and how tall is she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom