Poffenbarger to UConn | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Poffenbarger to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm hearing that Fudd will not make an early decision but rather will go through the process her senior year.
I wonder if that is make a decision or announce a decision.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We were do for another commitment!!!!!

YES we were. I've been checking here several times a day....every day since then for that announcement. Any other commitments would have had to enroll by yesterday. Another poster that "has connections", commented recently that we were done for this year. It appears that was good/correct intel. I was still hoping for that 11th hour commitment/announcement. :oops:

Well the roster for this year is set. Now we can figure out who the 5th starter will be. For debate purposes, I'm going to assume that Westbrook will have to sit this one out due to NCAA transfer rules unless we hear otherwise.

How nice would it be to get 6-3 Wing Angel Reese (Md) and 6-6 post Kamilla Cardoso (IA) from the 2020 class to join Paige Bueckers? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder if that is make a decision or announce a decision.

At this point, if she doesn't know where she wants to go, it's a good bet she got it down to 2-3 schools.
Keeping our fingers crossed that we're still on the board.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if Fudd doesn't decide and sign by November 2020.
If she’s coming back from an injury, isn’t her first and foremost effort/focus on her recovery and rehabilitation to show she can play? Don’t get me wrong as I would love an early commitment however given the situation, it makes sense to me for her to wait. Meanwhile let’s send her some UConn Husky and Boneyard best wishes! :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Saylor has not signed yet. She has committed. Signing comes in 2020 if she keeps her commitment.

“I fell in love from the beginning,” Poffenbarger said. “And I’ve always ever since been like, ‘UConn, UConn, UConn, I want to be like Maya Moore, I want to play for Geno.’”

“My heart was set on UConn," she said. "And I didn’t think it was fair to these other coaches to waste their time and come out and visit. I knew since last year that I wanted to make a decision either before my junior year or in the middle of it. I just felt yesterday, ‘I’m going to do it.’ My heart is set, I’m not going to wait any longer.”

Please don't send that negative thought out again. Okay? Why doubt it?

“I don’t think it’s fully hit me yet because it’s been a dream since I was 4 years old,” said Saylor, who developed an affinity for former UConn player Maya Moore as a 7-year-old. “I’ve always said I’ve wanted to go to UConn. It was kind of surreal coming as reality. ... It will take a couple days to fully hit me.”

“There have been different emotions,” Poffenbarger said. “Maybe the first was relief and being glad that it was over. But then it’s been excitement about what’s ahead for me and we’ve been doing a lot of celebrating. It’s almost surreal to me that I’ll be going to UConn. Sure I still have the two more years of high school but I can’t wait for the four years that I’ll be spending there.”

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
YES we were. I've been checking here several times a day....every day since then for that announcement. Any other commitments would have had to enroll by yesterday. Another poster that "has connections", commented recently that we were done for this year. It appears that was good/correct intel. I was still hoping for that 11th hour commitment/announcement. :oops:

Well the roster for this year is set. Now we can figure out who the 5th starter will be. For debate purposes, I'm going to assume that Westbrook will have to sit this one out due to NCAA transfer rules unless we hear otherwise.

How nice would it be to get 6-3 Wing Angel Reese (Md) and 6-6 post Kamilla Cardoso (IA) from the 2020 class to join Paige Bueckers? :rolleyes: It can happen.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If she’s coming back from an injury, isn’t her first and foremost effort/focus on her recovery and rehabilitation to show she can play? Don’t get me wrong as I would love an early commitment however given the situation, it makes sense to me for her to wait. Meanwhile let’s send her some UConn Husky and Boneyard best wishes! :cool:

Unless there is a setback she should be recovered by early next year. I doubt her injury is going to sour any school on her so there really shouldn't be a roadblock unless she has another issue.

A commitment, say, next fall really wouldn't be early though she obviously can wait until 2021.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
“I fell in love from the beginning,” Poffenbarger said. “And I’ve always ever since been like, ‘UConn, UConn, UConn, I want to be like Maya Moore, I want to play for Geno.’”

“My heart was set on UConn," she said. "And I didn’t think it was fair to these other coaches to waste their time and come out and visit. I knew since last year that I wanted to make a decision either before my junior year or in the middle of it. I just felt yesterday, ‘I’m going to do it.’ My heart is set, I’m not going to wait any longer.”

Please don't send that negative thought out again. Okay? Why doubt it?

“I don’t think it’s fully hit me yet because it’s been a dream since I was 4 years old,” said Saylor, who developed an affinity for former UConn player Maya Moore as a 7-year-old. “I’ve always said I’ve wanted to go to UConn. It was kind of surreal coming as reality. ... It will take a couple days to fully hit me.”

“There have been different emotions,” Poffenbarger said. “Maybe the first was relief and being glad that it was over. But then it’s been excitement about what’s ahead for me and we’ve been doing a lot of celebrating. It’s almost surreal to me that I’ll be going to UConn. Sure I still have the two more years of high school but I can’t wait for the four years that I’ll be spending there.”
You sent all this to say what? She still has not signed yet and cannot sign yet. She is committed and that is all she is allowed to do at this time. It has nothing to do with negativity. I did not say I did not think she would sign. I responded to a post that stated she had signed and that is not true no matter what positive thoughts you have. Read my post slowly and maybe you will understand it better.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
At this point, if she doesn't know where she wants to go, it's a good bet she got it down to 2-3 schools.
Keeping our fingers crossed that we're still on the board.
For some reason I think she has made a decision but wants to make sure. She has plenty of time to think it over.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You sent all this to say what?

I said all that to say I don't want to think about someone this young and talented walking away and by the way I doubt it, 'cuz it's been her dream. Simple, no? So if you want to hizzy on that, hizzy away. EDD signed her letter, right? What did that mean?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I said all that to say I don't want to think about someone this young and talented walking away and by the way I doubt it, 'cuz it's been her dream. Simple, no? So if you want to hizzy on that, hizzy away. EDD signed her letter, right? What did that mean?
It's not a matter of who signed or did not or who wants to sign. Poffenbarger cannot sign a LOI until 2020. Is that so hard to understand? It's an NCAA rule. If that is hizzy then so be it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's not a matter of who signed or did not or who wants to sign. Poffenbarger cannot sign a LOI until 2020. Is that so hard to understand? It's an NCAA rule. If that is hizzy then so be it.

The "if she signs" was about what, other than your tendency to be negative? There is no one here who does not know that a HS sophomore "committing" has not signed, okay? So, chiming in to say "if she commits" is just negative energy. Okay? Got my point now?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
The "if she signs" was about what, other than your tendency to be negative? There is no one here who does not know that a HS sophomore "committing" has not signed, okay? So, chiming in to say "if she commits" is just negative energy. Okay? Got my point now?
Show me where I said if she commits. She has already committed. If I had said she might not keep her commitment I could understand your saying not to be negative. I said she has not signed and if she does before 2020 the NCAA won't accept it. I was responding to a post by Dokey who stated that she had signed but later let me know that he is aware she has not signed. He gave me a two word answer and you wrote a five paragraph response. My post was not directed at you. You evidently have trouble reading or understanding what you read. Read Dokey's post about signing. If you had done that maybe you would have understood my original post about this subject.

Reaction Score
It’s not even that serious! Why do people always try and make something out of nothing? Y’all give it a rest PAH-Leeeeze!!! Whether she’s committed or signed has nothing to do with us. Just wish this young lady the best and hope she has the best career at UCONN. Now back to my bed I go! Good night

Reaction Score
It’s not even that serious! Why do people always try and make something out of nothing? Y’all give it a rest PAH-Leeeeze!!! Whether she’s committed or signed has nothing to do with us. Just wish this young lady the best and hope she has the best career at UCONN. Now back to my bed I go! Good night

You are definitely a "WiseOne" ;)

Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger

Saylor Poffenbarger
GUARD
CLASS: 2021

• Middletown, MDHOMETOWN
  • MiddletownHIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-2HEIGHT
  • —WEIGHT
  • 21OVERALL RANK
  • 8POSITION RANK
saylor-poffenbarger
K: AS always: The firstest with mostest and the bestest. Great Pix, thanks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Show me where I said if she commits. She has already committed. If I had said she might not keep her commitment I could understand your saying not to be negative. I said she has not signed and if she does before 2020 the NCAA won't accept it. I was responding to a post by Dokey who stated that she had signed but later let me know that he is aware she has not signed. He gave me a two word answer and you wrote a five paragraph response. My post was not directed at you. You evidently have trouble reading or understanding what you read. Read Dokey's post about signing. If you had done that maybe you would have understood my original post about this subject.

Okay. I'll make a date with the eye doc.

Reaction Score

How nice would it be to get 6-3 Wing Angel Reese (Md) and 6-6 post Kamilla Cardoso (IA) from the 2020 class to join Paige Bueckers? :rolleyes: It can happen.
ESPN shows Angel Reese is only considering USC Trojans, Maryland Terrapins, Syracuse Orange, South Carolina Gamecocks and Tennessee Lady Volunteers. Odd selection.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Excellent post! You should send these two to bed without their supper for all this silly bickering! Cannot wait for the season to start so people have something to do. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom