Plenty of Tickets Available | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Plenty of Tickets Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What's your point? Guy said he wasn't going to the game, not because he couldn't make it but because he didn't want to pay the normal price the day of the game. Casual fan, that's fine.

Read my next post too. Many choose not to pay the price, but that does not make them any less of a fan. The value of the in-arena experience is not worth the cost of the ticket, parking, and optional refreshments as well as whatever indirect costs that may be associated with attending the game.

Reaction Score
Read my next post too. Many choose not to pay the price, but that does not make them any less of a fan. The value of the in-arena experience is not worth the cost of the ticket, parking, and optional refreshments as well as whatever indirect costs that may be associated with attending the game.

The thing is, the live fans are the ones participating in the experience. As fans, it's one of the few things we can actually do to influence the game. Seeing the game live is not a passive experience like watching on TV. I can scream my head off and maybe me and 10,000 of my closest friends and make a player feel a little more amped up on adrenaline and maybe, just maybe, we can actually influence the game itself.

That's why they call the crowd the sixth man and they don't call people sitting at home on the couch anything.

Reaction Score
i just went on the ticketmaster website to see what was available and it said the tickets are no longer for sale. Does this mean it sold out? Or could you still buy them as a walkup?

Reaction Score
Last night there were 10 seat available on Stub Hub - now there is 35. Seems there maybe a demand for tonight.

Reaction Score
i just went on the ticketmaster website to see what was available and it said the tickets are no longer for sale. Does this mean it sold out? Or could you still buy them as a walkup?
Walkup.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The thing is, the live fans are the ones participating in the experience. As fans, it's one of the few things we can actually do to influence the game. Seeing the game live is not a passive experience like watching on TV. I can scream my head off and maybe me and 10,000 of my closest friends and make a player feel a little more amped up on adrenaline and maybe, just maybe, we can actually influence the game itself.

That's why they call the crowd the sixth man and they don't call people sitting at home on the couch anything.

I am not disparaging anyone who goes to the games, least of all those who are active. I go to MBB games every once in a while and I am a 10 year (and counting) season tickets holder for football games. I spoke up for the person who chooses not to go for whatever reason and then automatically labeled a fairweather or casual fan.

As I said, the bigger problem is the person who acquires tickets, can't make it, but doesn't do anything to ensure his/her seat is filled for the "less attractive" match ups. By and large, these are the same people who sit on their hands as one within nano-seconds of UConn hitting the first basket. Many of these people are not participating in the experience at basketball games and might as well be at home on the couch. It certainly makes it harder for someone who feels otherwise to pay good money for junk seats 200 feet from the court in the corner of an outdated arena when the better viewing experience can be had elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Looks like a decent amount of student tickets still available on facebook.

It disgusts me that students are trying to make money of these tickets. Its about 2+ hrs to game time and people are still trying to make a profit? Just give your ticket away if you can't go...

Reaction Score
@EdDaigneault: Told there are about 2,500 tix left for #UConn-Louisville. Sad. When Ticketmaster shuts down early p.m., it shows no tix left. Not true.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Looks like a decent amount of student tickets still available on facebook.

It disgusts me that students are trying to make money of these tickets. Its about 2+ hrs to game time and people are still trying to make a profit? Just give your ing ticket away if you can't go...

Unless things have changed, only students can use student tickets with their UConn ID. I would agree only if the tickets are free. They were not in 1995-1999, when they cost $5 a piece. I see nothing wrong with trying to recoup that cost and maybe getting a little more for the effort (no different than Stubhub for students)? The ticket is worth whatever the market will bear, which is probably not much more than face value and probably why so many student section tickets are available.

Now I have to leave or else I'll have to listen to Joe D in the car and be considered even less of a fan...

Reaction Score
I am not disparaging anyone who goes to the games, least of all those who are active. I go to MBB games every once in a while and I am a 10 year (and counting) season tickets holder for football games. I spoke up for the person who chooses not to go for whatever reason and then automatically labeled a fairweather or casual fan.

As I said, the bigger problem is the person who acquires tickets, can't make it, but doesn't do anything to ensure his/her seat is filled for the "less attractive" match ups. By and large, these are the same people who sit on their hands as one within nano-seconds of UConn hitting the first basket. Many of these people are not participating in the experience at basketball games and might as well be at home on the couch. It certainly makes it harder for someone who feels otherwise to pay good money for junk seats 200 feet from the court in the corner of an outdated arena when the better viewing experience can be had elsewhere.

There are many valid reasons not to go to the game. If you are considering going to the game, but choose not to, because you consider the face value of the ticket too high, then yes you are a fair weather fan.

And people that go and sit on their hands are better fans than those that sit at home, and are critical of those that actually got off of their asses and went to the game.

If you don't go, then shut up about the people that do go.

Reaction Score
Unless things have changed, only students can use student tickets with their UConn ID. I would agree only if the tickets are free. They were not in 1995-1999, when they cost $5 a piece. I see nothing wrong with trying to recoup that cost and maybe getting a little more for the effort (no different than Stubhub for students)? The ticket is worth whatever the market will bear, which is probably not much more than face value and probably why so many student section tickets are available.

Now I have to leave or else I'll have to listen to Joe D in the car and be considered even less of a fan...

Nothing wrong with trying to recoup your cost. And I agree that the tickets are worth whatever the market will bear.

What I don't like is that they are still trying to make a profit within 2 hours of the game. At this point, fill the god damn seats if you can't go.

Reaction Score
Problem with trying to sell tickets this year is that it is a glorified exhibition season. Even if UConn goes undefeated the rest of the way, the season ends when the season ends. Many people just can't get vested in a team that has no shot at going anywhere. While its all well and good to say the regular season is important, for high level college basketball programs that just isn't the case. The NCAA tournament has grown to such an extend that nothing else really matters for most people (hell, I've read bracketology in June and in June you're still not even sure wo will or won't be on your team come November...). The idea that a regular season game is a big deal has become almost quaint.

Reaction Score
The idea that a regular season game is a big deal has become almost quaint.

Imbecilic but hardly surprising coming from you. At odds with reality. NC State / Duke and Ohio St. / Michigan were not mob scenes because people were curious about seeding.

Reaction Score
Even Duke is having problems selling out. Sure, there are certain big games that might be bigger or less big in a given year, but do you think those games are mob scens if say Ohio State and Duke were banned from the tournement? I don't. It is largely because the NCAA has created this monster, called March Madness. for major programs it is relatively easy to get in, and it captivates the public imagination for the better part of a month. The regular season, by contrast is, in many people's minds, a long drawn out and not particularly meaningful undertaking. Its like the 1st 2 days of a golf tournament. Who cares if NC State loses to Maryland? As long as both win a certain number of games, both get to go on for the real prize. And when the real prize is taken away, the season becomes effectively a series of exhibition games in people's minds.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
2500 still means 14,000, which is solid.

I think the ticket office has done a great job this year with the different packages. My issue is that its years too late, but they clearly are trying to rectify a bad situation.

Reaction Score
2500 still means 14,000, which is solid.

I think the ticket office has done a great job this year with the different packages. My issue is that its years too late, but they clearly are trying to rectify a bad situation.

Agreed as long as someone takes into consideration TV optics. I don't care if people are hand-picked and led to open seats @ TV eye level to maximize benefit. Could care less if last two row above the girders are filled.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I'd be careful about judging all fans who don't attend too harshly. My dad, for example, graduated from UConn more than 40 years ago, started his own business, made a huge donation toward Gampel, then made further donations every year until he began to get priced out of the buildings almost ten years ago. Now he's retired and will see a game here and there, but in his case UConn's old ticketing policies took a lifer out of the habit of going to games.

Many others are underemployed or unemployed and simply can't afford to go on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Looking at the tons of seats open at the stadium, i think there are two problems.

#1 People buy the tickets and don't show up all season, even for the big games. This is probably a big problem especially for corporate seats.

#2 People (especially students) think their tickets are gold. And over price the HELL out of them which is unfair to fans that don't have season tix. Honestly it's pretty sad seeing the number of open seats comparing the prices on different sites for the seats being offered.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The original comment was this:
I just looked up tix. They want $40 for 2nd level-Row 21 in the corner. ummmm. no thanks. I'll watch it on tv. and those were BEST available
Just sayin.

There are many valid reasons not to go to the game. If you are considering going to the game, but choose not to, because you consider the face value of the ticket too high, then yes you are a fair weather fan.

And people that go and sit on their hands are better fans than those that sit at home, and are critical of those that actually got off of their asses and went to the game.

If you don't go, then shut up about the people that do go.

Did I hit a sore spot? That may say more about you than it does me...just sayin'...:rolleyes:

Anyone who posts here is probably not fairweather for whatever school or team they support. Think about it for a second. We all feel passionate enough to post and argue on an Internet chat board about games played by 18-22 year olds.

Secondly, implying that the level of one's fandom is predicated upon their financial well-being may end up being a slippier slope than you realize. The 2008 recession caused many people to hit the Reset button, so to speak, on their disposable income. It still does not make them any less of a fan.

At no point did CodyJ. say he was planning on going. He merely looked up the price and made a cost benefit decision considering other methods available to watch the game. So irresponsible of him. For shame.

Reaction Score
The original comment was this:

Anyone who posts here is probably not fairweather for whatever school or team they support. Think about it for a second. We all feel passionate enough to post and argue on an Internet chat board about games played by 18-22 year olds.

Secondly, implying that the level of one's fandom is predicated upon their financial well-being may end up being a slippier slope than you realize. At no point did CodyJ. say he was planning on going. He merely looked up the price and made a cost benefit decision considering other methods available to watch the game. So irresponsible of him. For shame.

Give me a break, I obviously don't fault anyone who cannot afford to go. At no point did he say that he couldn't afford it.

Reaction Score
I paid $20 for an upper level at 7pm... tried to get me for $40 a half hour earlier earlier

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At no point did CodyJ. say he was planning on going. He merely looked up the price and made a cost benefit decision considering other methods available to watch the game. So irresponsible of him. For shame.

You're the one saying shame. The original assertion that got you ticked off was "casual fan".

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I picked up two more for my daughter tonight, so I accounted for 8 tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads