Plenty of Tickets Available | The Boneyard

Plenty of Tickets Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking the attendance will be a disappointment tomorrow? Seems like ticketmaster has a large number of tickets left. Amore also stated plenty of tickets available.

Reaction Score
I think it will.... I also think the UConn fan base (or lack there of) is a HUGE reason we're not in a big time conference already. I understand the New England is a part of the country where pro sports are much more popular than college but I feel that diehard UConn fans are small in number. This is partly to due with athletic administration and marketing (see Houston Final Four, 2010 Fiesta Bowl, 2009 Detroit Final Four) but it has to improve.

Reaction Score
It should be a sell out. This is UConn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY the tickets!!

This team deserves it. Still time! :)

10 toes in!

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see what the turnout will be. My guess is lots of empty seats. And then a litany of excuses, but the bottom line is that the interest doesn't seem to be there. As embarrassing as it looks on TV I feel worse for the kids playing hard to an empty house.

And to anticipate the inevitable, no, I'll be 3,000 miles away at tip and, yes, I have donated $$.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ticketmaster has tickets? doesn't that mean those are being sold by some 1 or a flip company that already bought tix from the school??? if u are going to the game buy from the school if your looking for big sold #'s. this would be a game i usually go to, but not with warde here. i think the place will be pretty packed and high energy. i also think u will be surprised how many ppl dont like warde.

Reaction Score
"Plenty of tickets available"???

I just searched Ticketmaster. "Best available" for 2 seats was Sec. 218, Row U. That's the upper corner.

Based on this, I'll bet you'll see most of the empty seats will be in the end zones and in the student section.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just tried Ticketmaster. The best tickets available are in section 218, the upper corner section, Row S.

Reaction Score
"Plenty of tickets available"???

I just searched Ticketmaster. "Best available" for 2 seats was Sec. 218, Row U. That's the upper corner.

Based on this, I'll bet you'll see most of the empty seats will be in the end zones and in the student section.

I think we'll see a surprisingly solid student turnout. People are getting restless on break and the UConn ticket page is heating up with high demand. It's everyone else I'm more worried about

D

Deleted member 3149

The same people watching this game from their Avon homes are the ones complaining that we aren't in the ACC or B1G. Get your asses off the couch, spend $50, and support this team. They could've transferred, but they didn't. They stuck it out to keep the UConn name alive. And you know what? They're making a better name for our program.

caw

Reaction Score
Shame it's not a Saturday game. No way I could even make it there by halftime if I leave after my last meeting of the day tomorrow if you include the 2 hour commute. Hope everyone that can make it, does.

Reaction Score
I think it will.... I also think the UConn fan base (or lack there of) is a HUGE reason we're not in a big time conference already. I understand the New England is a part of the country where pro sports are much more popular than college but I feel that diehard UConn fans are small in number. This is partly to due with athletic administration and marketing (see Houston Final Four, 2010 Fiesta Bowl, 2009 Detroit Final Four) but it has to improve.

I don't think that's entirely true, or at least I don't want to believe it. Huskymania in the 90's and early 2000's was off the charts, as good as you'll find anywhere. Or start in 1988 when we went totally gaga over the NIT. We had people lining the highway in 1990 after we lost (and again in 1999 after we won). This was our state team in a state with no pro sports to call our own (other than the Whalers for a bit). But somewhere along the line, we it up, and our fan base is now less rabid, and more neutered.

Whether you mostly blame it on the fans being spoiled by success and losing interest when we don't dominate, or the athletic department alienating its fan base with poor ticket policy and money-bilking, or the laptop scandal/Nate Miles saga souring people on the program, or the current disenchantment with our postseason ineligibility and/or conference realignment problems, something has changed. Maybe you're mostly right and the emotion of Huskymania was an outlier, and UConn regressed back to its natural place in the pecking order.

I'd like to think that if we got our lifeboat and started playing Duke and UNC (or Michigan and Ohio State) on the regular docket, the mania would come back as we got a chip back on our shoulder to prove ourselves in a new league. We won't feel like proving anything to Tulane and East Carolina.

Reaction Score
People will show. Notoriously lackadaisical fan base off campus. But... If they don't, they will after we beat #1 tomorrow

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The same people watching this game from their Avon homes are the ones complaining that we aren't in the ACC or B1G. Get your asses off the couch, spend $50, and support this team. They could've transferred, but they didn't. They stuck it out to keep the UConn name alive. And you know what? They're making a better name for our program.

yes becuase bball is the reason we got left out of CR so far. and then to solve this u want to pack xl instead of boost tv ratings. you sir shoulkd run uconn, with u in charge we would be in the sec already.

i love the program and what these players stand 4. u are lost.

GET OVER YOURSELF and go.

i am not over myself.

D

Deleted member 3149

yes becuase bball is the reason we got left out of CR so far. and then to solve this u want to pack xl instead of boost tv ratings. you sir shoulkd run uconn, with u in charge we would be in the sec already.

i love the program and what these players stand 4. u are lost.

i am not over myself.
It's about ticket sales and tv ratings. Epsn ratings will always be fine, especially when the #1 team plays us . I respect this team more than anyone, which is why I'm saying people need to go and support them. Not sure where your anger is coming from lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It's about ticket sales and tv ratings. Epsn ratings will always be fine, especially when the #1 team plays us . I respect this team more than anyone, which is why I'm saying people need to go and support them. Not sure where your anger is coming from lol

thank you, now i know what it takes for uconn to get into the b10. we need to sell monday night bball game tickets. who knew?

Reaction Score
Well this should tell the story of where the fan base stands. There are no excuses for this one. The competition doesnt get any better then the #1 team so you cant blame the opponent for not showing up. They arent calling for snowstorms so you cant blame it on the weather. I really hope this is a packed and LOUD house tomorrow.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We need to sell out more games, for MBB and FB, period. It won't get us in another conference by itself, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I was at all those events and the Uconn presence was pretty solid. The only embarrassment was the student section in Houston and that was partially on the administration for not making convenient for kids like other schools did.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's entirely true, or at least I don't want to believe it. Huskymania in the 90's and early 2000's was off the charts, as good as you'll find anywhere. Or start in 1988 when we went totally gaga over the NIT. We had people lining the highway in 1990 after we lost (and again in 1999 after we won). This was our state team in a state with no pro sports to call our own (other than the Whalers for a bit). But somewhere along the line, we ed it up, and our fan base is now less rabid, and more neutered.

Whether you mostly blame it on the fans being spoiled by success and losing interest when we don't dominate, or the athletic department alienating its fan base with poor ticket policy and money-bilking, or the laptop scandal/Nate Miles saga souring people on the program, or the current disenchantment with our postseason ineligibility and/or conference realignment problems, something has changed. Maybe you're mostly right and the emotion of Huskymania was an outlier, and UConn regressed back to its natural place in the pecking order.

I'd like to think that if we got our lifeboat and started playing Duke and UNC (or Michigan and Ohio State) on the regular docket, the mania would come back as we got a chip back on our shoulder to prove ourselves in a new league. We won't feel like proving anything to Tulane and East Carolina.

I don't want to believe it either but I feel like the proof is in the attendance. I'm more of a recent UConn grad so I was not on board for the 90's Huskymania but for what I've seen since being a fb/bb/hockey regular during my time in Storrs is that the crowds come when it's convenient. I think tomorrow will be a decent showing but at other bigtime programs (which we all want UConn to be on par with) this kind of game would have been sold out in September (L'Ville was ranked preseason).

I don't think there are any valid excuses to fall out of love with the program. Just seeing fans show up only when we are dominating is frustrating. Last year when Olander called out the fans I was totally behind him. The 2011-12 Huskies were incredible underachievers but even with lottery picks on the roster, the fan base wasn't as supportive as it should've been.

So I think you're right that if we played in the B1G or ACC our fan base would be fine but I am worried about what will happen if we play lesser opponents (Tulane/SMU/ect..). I think this can be seen in what happened with the football team over the past 2 seasons. This is why CR is so dangerous for UConn moreso than any other school, Hathaway left us in a really bad spot and Manuel/Herbst have a big task ahead of them. Getting this fanbase to be supportive will go a long way but it is much easier said than done.

Reaction Score
I think it probably sells out by game time.

Student section won't be 100% but it should be a good showing. Past games against top ten teams during break had good showings.

Reaction Score
I was at all those events and the Uconn presence was pretty solid. The only embarrassment was the student section in Houston and that was partially on the administration for not making convenient for kids like other schools did.

I was lucky enough to get to Detriot but as a student at the time it was impossible to get to Glendale/Houston without UConn offering the same help that mid-majors like VCU/Butler did.

Outside of students though I think we can agree that the Fiesta Bowl was probably one of the most embarrasing BCS showings ever. I understand that the distance/cheap after market tickets killed us that year but UConn ate a lot of money and the worst part is that it killed our perception. Look at the crowd Louisville brought to the sugar bowl this year.... just looking at the 2 programs you can't blame the ACC for taking UL over us. (unless you look at academics but lets not kid ourselves about what is important)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to get to Detriot but as a student at the time it was impossible to get to Glendale/Houston without UConn offering the same help that mid-majors like VCU/Butler did.

Outside of students though I think we can agree that the Fiesta Bowl was probably one of the most embarrasing BCS showings ever. I understand that the distance/cheap after market tickets killed us that year but UConn ate a lot of money and the worst part is that it killed our perception. Look at the crowd Louisville brought to the sugar bowl this year.... just looking at the 2 programs you can't blame the ACC for taking UL over us. (unless you look at academics but lets not kid ourselves about what is important)

Absolutely NO ONE who was in Glendale would agree that it was an embarrassing showing. The amount of tickets sold through the university may have been "embarrassing" but there were very legitimate reasons for people to buy tickets elsewhere at deep discounts. In an effort to be supportive , I bought my $256 tix from UCONN but there were people who bought theirs for a quarter of that on stubhub etc. I don't care how many tickets the school sold but there was a significant showing of UCONN fans there. Not as many as OK but not an "embarrassment".

Someone posted a picture of the UCONN section here the other day that showed how good crowd was. Hopefully, they will read this and will repost the pic. If we would have played in the Orange Bowl instead I guarantee you we would have sold a ton of tix. Connecticut to PHX was just too expensive and too time consuming.

Would you suggest that since Florida State only sold 7000 tickets to their bowl game this year that they are small time and shouldn't be considered a major program and should be sent to conference USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom