Players Utilizing covid year, As of March 2024 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Players Utilizing covid year, As of March 2024

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Technically a NCAA waiver, but no where else to put it ...

This has to be her 7th year or so. I know she's had some unfortunate circumstances, but honestly this is ridiculous to me.

Okay, class of 2018. Along w/ Christyn Williams, ONO, Charli Collier, Emily Engstler, NaLyssa Smith, Queen Egbo, Catherine Reese, Lexie Hull, Rhyne Howard etc. that have all long since moved on. How, just how, does she get this many years of eligibility?

Reaction Score
This has to be her 7th year or so. I know she's had some unfortunate circumstances, but honestly this is ridiculous to me.

Okay, class of 2018. Along w/ Christyn Williams, ONO, Charli Collier, Emily Engstler, NaLyssa Smith, Queen Egbo, Catherine Reese, Lexie Hull, Rhyne Howard etc. that have all long since moved on. How, just how, does she get this many years of eligibility?
Sorry to disagree. This kid suffered a devastating injury playing for her country on team USA. Most likely this injury affected her through her college career and never has been the same. Along with that, she brought the attention to the basketball world the inequities between the men and women’s games with photos of that joke of a weight room during COVID. So, if there’s any kid that deserves a break with extra time, it’s Sedona.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree. This kid suffered a devastating injury playing for her country on team USA. Most likely this injury affected her through her college career and never has been the same. Along with that, she brought the attention to the basketball world the inequities between the men and women’s games with photos of that joke of a weight room during COVID. So, if there’s any kid that deserves a break with extra time, it’s Sedona.
A lot of other players suffer injuries, and the NCAA gives them squat for it. I want to see equal treatment for all, not someone getting multiple special exceptions.

Reaction Score
A lot of other players suffer injuries, and the NCAA gives them squat for it. I wa to nt to see equal treatment for all, not someone getting
I believe that due to injury, COVID and having to sit a year out Ali Patberg hung around for seven seasons.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I believe that due to injury, COVID and having to sit a year out Ali Patberg hung around for seven seasons.
I think she got 8. I thought that was ridiculous as well.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

This makes me so happy. Adia really wanted this, but Isis pointed out that she was going into real estate sales and didn't need a 6th year of schooling and had no desire to spend a 6th year in school. But Adia asked all the fans to encourage her to return, and, well, whatever made the difference I'm pleased.

By the way, in the video - the shot at the beginning is the Adia Barnes radio show audience, shot by Adia I think. And at about the 52 or 53 second mark she is shown high-fiving fans on the side-line. The first 2 fans next to the tv table are my lovely wife in the jean jacket and myself in the gold shorts. Not often we show up in the background of anything.

Reaction Score

I don’t know any of the intimate details of the injuries, Sedona Prince’s time in college somewhat reminds me of Ali Patberg’s journey.
However, as long as life continues, opportunities arise. And while some people get a lot more chances than others, it’s how we utilize them that matters. And so I’m wishing Sedona a great season with this opportunity. After all, it was only a few years ago that many of us Boneyarders salivated at the thought of her joining the Huskies’ roster.

Reaction Score
The SEC is starting to look very tough next season with the returnees, new freshmen, new teams, and transfers.*

*I said this last year, too. :oops:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tess Darby back. A player who can hit the three ball.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Had she already announced she was using her covid year? A little late to announce, since the draft is tonight so she obviously wasn't going to be part of that.
Don't think so, as Dillon had mentioned roster possibilities in another thread. She could have done a grad transfer?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't think so, as Dillon had mentioned roster possibilities in another thread. She could have done a grad transfer?
Yeah this was like a 2 for 1 announcement: using covid year and returning to ND. I think we could infer she was using the covid year, since she didn't declare for the draft.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The only option left was being a grad transfer ... just not playing, or going overseas to play, since she hadn't declared for the WNBA draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom