Players Utilizing covid year, As of March 2024 | The Boneyard

Players Utilizing covid year, As of March 2024

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@BRS24 Excellent idea for a thread!
I am guessing that it carries the (obvious) caveat that the player is staying at their current school.

Reaction Score
Many of us (ok, maybe mainly me) assumed that the covid extension and the portal somehow reinforced each other the last couple of years. But I wonder if this year the tide will shift and more GS players will stay put. This could create some downward pressure on the transfer flow.

Reaction Score
Many of us (ok, maybe mainly me) assumed that the covid extension and the portal somehow reinforced each other the last couple of years. But I wonder if this year the tide will shift and more GS players will stay put. This could create some downward pressure on the transfer flow.

The fact that players can now transfer multiple times w/o having to sit out adds a new crop of potential transfers. And we’ve already seen several.

Reaction Score
The fact that players can now transfer multiple times w/o having to sit out adds a new crop of potential transfers. And we’ve already seen several.
I guess I should have said not that fewer players would enter the portal, but that fewer would actually find places to go.

Reaction Score
Any body language doctors out there to interpret this?

Reaction Score

Leveraging her COVID year via the transfer portal. Whoever picks her up is getting a crafty scorer, who plays with a lot of heart. Been watching her since her HS days in Quebec. She'd be a good addition to a lot of teams out there.

Reaction Score
Any body language doctors out there to interpret this?

Can't even guess. On one hand the Big 12 will be wide open for a title hunt so maybe that will be tempting. On the other hand it would be her sixth year at KSU. Not sure what her pro plans are but she's not a projected 1st rounder. Also wonder about her knees, she's had injuries and chronic issues since HS if I understand her history correctly.

Reaction Score
From a few weeks back and maybe the least surprising extra year announcement ever. At least people outside the Big 12 know who she is now after that game versus Stanford. Well, maybe not the east coast peeps, dat late tipoff.

Don't underestimate us in the Eastern time zone. Believe Ryan is respected by many for her contributions to the ISU program. Most know the ISU teams that made the Sweet 16 wasn't solely due to Ashley Joens ;)

Reaction Score
Can't even guess. On one hand the Big 12 will be wide open for a title hunt so maybe that will be tempting. On the other hand it would be her sixth year at KSU. Not sure what her pro plans are but she's not a projected 1st rounder. Also wonder about her knees, she's had injuries and chronic issues since HS if I understand her history correctly.
Also, don’t know what her NIL value is now or the projected value is for next year. Value of staying at K State? Value as one year transfer?

Reaction Score
From a few weeks back and maybe the least surprising extra year announcement ever. At least people outside the Big 12 know who she is now after that game versus Stanford. Well, maybe not the east coast peeps, dat late tipoff.

This makes me very, very happy! Final Four run in the works!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kinda crazy how fast this decision has to be made. Georgia Amoore. Deja Kelly. Ayoka Lee. Does anyone think this is gamesmanship by the W. Cynical viewpoint I know, but idk. I'm actually a big fan of the COVID year/5th year especially in women's college basketball. I think grad students should play, and since there aren't as many opportunities in the W, and professionally in the US, I like the option of college to continue to grow both on and off the court (but I know many disagree).

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow. I got the WNBA declare date wrong in a few posts. I thought it was April 5th. So today's the day for ... a lot of things.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wow. I got the WNBA declare date wrong in a few posts. I thought it was April 5th. So today's the day for ... a lot of things.
I guess if the eligible players have to declare via email, then we have to wait for the WNBA to put out the list of players that declared?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I guess if the eligible players have to declare via email, then we have to wait for the WNBA to put out the list of players that declared?
Probably. If memory serves, unless a player publicizes her decision, the official W list comes out later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom