Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
So Hailey Van Lith left Louisville to chase a title. Is that still the aspiration? If so Stanford might make sense (do they accept grad transfers??). Or else USC... Can't really think of any other landing spots that offer a title shot...
To transfer to Stanford as an upperclassmen/grad student, you basically have to be admitted on an even playing field with all academic students. So 1550+ Sat and 4.0 gpa. They have had a few track athletes, but I can't think of any hoopsters that transferred in.

VanLith - I thought Hailey would fit in great there passing to Reece, Morrow, FlauJae and Williams but it just never worked out.

On the other hand, Mulkey and the team always had her back and she never lost starters minutes, so I thought there was still a chance that she would return for year 2.

The irony of course is that while Hailey Van Lith did not grow into the point, FlauJae became a true star over course of the season.

For next year they now have FJ, Williams and Poa back at guard with Morrow and Del Rosario at forward + recruits. They will be contenders again.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Texas might be a good choice.........Vic always has his teams in contention..........
This would be a comical turn of events after the viral moment between her and Morris in the 2nd round last year. I don't see Texas as a good landing spot though. Van Lith wont have the ball in her hands enough playing in a lineup of Harmon/Booker/Moore.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She would be behind Rori Harmon at PG; don't see her landing at Texas unless she is willing to play mostly SG.
I'd think that would be the move. Didn't Shaylee Gonzalez exhaust her eligibility?
And at this point, I think she'd go back to "mostly" shooting guard to get her mojo back, She could spell Harmon a few times up the court, much like Sonia Citron did for Hannah Hidalgo at times.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This would be a comical turn of events after the viral moment between her and Morris in the 2nd round last year. I don't see Texas as a good landing spot though. Van Lith wont have the ball in her hands enough playing in a lineup of Harmon/Booker/Moore.
Going back and forth with "Coaches Carousel" thread and some wild ideas about Jeff Walz heading for Kansas State or elsewhere on the Plains, it did lead to this thought:

For Your Consideration: Hailey Van Lith to Kansas State. Here me out for a few dash points:
  • Center Ayoka Lee is not on the WNBA "coming out" list so let's assume she's sticking at KSU.
  • The vast majority of the other players: Serena Sundell, the Glynn sisters, Zyanna Walker and Gisela Sanchez are all returning.
  • The only one that isn't: Gabby Gregory, the shooting guard who averaged 9.4 ppg but shot 36% from the floor and 29% on the team-high 178 three-point attempts she took. She also was second to Sundell in assists.
  • Van Lith could revert to a combo guard role here, spelling Sundell from time to time, but primarily getting back to scoring, both from long-distance and in creating her own shots, which KSU could use a bit more of.

I have no idea if Team Van Lith would entertain Manhattan, Kansas, but they come from a rural town in Washington if memory serves correctly. The personnel match looks pretty good and she could help elevate a team that will be very upper-class oriented.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And another from Kentucky

That makes sense with the acquisition of Amoore. She probably wants to be a starter. I could see her going to LSU. I think that would be a good fit.

Reaction Score
I feel like LSU is going after bigger fish in the pond
You think so? If my memory serves me, she should be one of the better PGs in the portal. I think she was stuck on a bad team where she didn't get to maximize her potential.

Reaction Score
You think so? If my memory serves me, she should be one of the better PGs in the portal. I think she was stuck on a bad team where she didn't get to maximize her potential.
Cancel this statement. I just realized I was thinking about Jada Walker. I get those two confused with each other.

Reaction Score
That makes sense with the acquisition of Amoore. She probably wants to be a starter. I could see her going to LSU. I think that would be a good fit.
Miles couldn’t make it at TN but she’s gonna go to LSU? Nooooooo

Reaction Score
Love big guards. Seems like an interesting prospect

Oh my! A 6'3" Guard, league POY, that shoots nearly 46% from 3 (#5 in NCAA in 3Pt %). This one better hire a stable of secretaries to vet the offers.

Reaction Score
She didn't make because of something other than her basketball skills.
Why even bother with vague comments? If you’ve got alternate info, spill it.

She’s 5’4”. Unless she’s phenomenal (which she’s not), she’s not gonna be a top tier D1 guard. Second level like KY seemed a good fit.

Reaction Score
Legend-Walking? I was actually about to make a post about ppls thoughts on her. She did suffer an ACL injury in January so probably won't be ready by the season. But by tournament time she's 100 percent a difference maker.

Also I like Karlen from Marquette a lot.
Maybe Liza Karlen will join Coach Duffy at VT.

Reaction Score
lol saw an article that listed 5 possible options for Hailey Van Lith — one was UConn

(Nothing against her, but UConn ain’t taking a guard except maybe the Princeton kid)

I’m not gonna link to trash like that.

Reaction Score
lol saw an article that listed 5 possible options for Hailey Van Lith — one was UConn

(Nothing against her, but UConn ain’t taking a guard except maybe the Princeton kid)

I saw that, too. I was .... skeptical.

Reaction Score

I saw that, too. I was .... skeptical.
Could be something similar to posts of recruits when they get offers. Another way to drum up attention, as if she needed it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom