PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 48 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree a 100%. Would I like us to land elite big, strong and athletic lead guards. Hell yes...well as long as they stay for at least 2 years, preferably 3 to 4. But the reality is if you get one of the elite legit 6-2 plus PGs he's not going to stay here beyond one, maybe 2 years. And rarely does the team cutting down the nets have an underclassman at the helm. So getting a 6-0 to 6-1 PG...which means they're more like 5-11 or shorter to as much as 6-0 that stay for 3 to 4 years, that's a much better formula for cutting down the nets. Just ask Khalid, Ricky, Taliek, Kemba and Bazz about that. Most of these stayed all 4 years. I believe Khalid stayed only 3, but should have returned for his 4th. Though sometimes the longer these kids stay in college the less the NBA scouts like them. Though in the case with Kemba & Bazz, their stocks rose significantly by staying all 4 years.
Nitpicking but Kemba was at UConn 3 years. Now, Boat absolutely needed all 4 just to get the shot he's getting now.

Reaction Score
Link is bad
Ah, it's a vid of him dunking on his instagram account, but it's a private account, so if you don't follow him on instagram, you can't see it. Here's the gist of the vid though:
upload_2015-8-5_10-4-2.png

Reaction Score
Nike Global Scouting report: http://www.nbadraft.net/nike-global-challenge-top-prospects-0

The 5’11 guard was a defensive pest for other guards. He is very quick and can take it to the rim or finish with a floater. Gilbert stepped up his game late in the tournament, scoring 30 points, five rebounds, and five assists in the semi-final and 28 points and five assists in the championship, earning a spot on the USA All-Tournament Team. While he does have great scoring ability, he does have a tendency to try to do too much at times. Trying to take it at bigger defenders in the crowded paint, also taking it all the way on two on one breaks without dumping it off for another player to finish. On multiple occasions he would bring the ball up and shoot it early in the shot clock without other players getting a touch. Some things to work on this season and in the future under Coach Kevin Ollie at UConn.

Reaction Score
Nike Global Scouting report: http://www.nbadraft.net/nike-global-challenge-top-prospects-0

The 5’11 guard was a defensive pest for other guards. He is very quick and can take it to the rim or finish with a floater. Gilbert stepped up his game late in the tournament, scoring 30 points, five rebounds, and five assists in the semi-final and 28 points and five assists in the championship, earning a spot on the USA All-Tournament Team. While he does have great scoring ability, he does have a tendency to try to do too much at times. Trying to take it at bigger defenders in the crowded paint, also taking it all the way on two on one breaks without dumping it off for another player to finish. On multiple occasions he would bring the ball up and shoot it early in the shot clock without other players getting a touch. Some things to work on this season and in the future under Coach Kevin Ollie at UConn.

I don't know I watched a few of those games and it would seem to me many of the guards brought the ball up and shot it early a lot and tried to do too much. Not a big deal it's called AAU basketball.

Reaction Score
Nitpicking but Kemba was at UConn 3 years. Now, Boat absolutely needed all 4 just to get the shot he's getting now.
Yeah, after reading what I posted, I realized the Kemba blew up during his Junior year and left for the NBA right after that. My bad!

Reaction Score
Not trying to make it seem like this funk is unimpressive, because it's really impressive, but the kid that held the ball is 5'3" max.
Shhhhhh lol actually, I think his hair puts him over 5'0".

Reaction Score
He loves that dunk, the 180 double pump off two. I love it too

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see this kidding running with Adams! That is going to be a backcourt with some serious explosiveness.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I know it's a mixtape...but this kid looks like he's got nice lift on his jumper. Handle is solid.

He might be on the shorter side, but he gets into the lane at will, and he's certainly put in time in the weight room. He's got a Westbrook build. Bulldozer

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Good handle, finishing ability. His jumper looks weird, but it goes in. Reminds me of boatright

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kid already knows how to change speeds with the ball to keep defenders off balance. As others have said, his game looks very similar to Boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom