PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tomorrow...

Wife: Get off your phone, it's rude.

Me: Yeah I'm checking on whether a UConn target commits, he's supposed to announce today.

Wife: So what? Can't you wait until we're home?

Me: It's like you don't know me at all.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
We need to have "Ozzie" from the TOS board join here, he dropped the nugget that Gilbert was committing here on the 4th a week ago and it went basically ignored because that board is dead. He also basically called it right after his visit.
The Wizard of Oz...great dude and def knows his stuff. When he's this confident on something I'm all in

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tomorrow...

Me: Yeah I'm checking on whether a UConn target commits, he's supposed to announce today.

Different case here.

Wife: Are we redoing the carpets in the house next year.

Me: UConn is about to land a 5* guard.

Wife: What does that have to do with the carpet?

Me: We get this recruit, the carpet waits. We're going to Maui instead.

Wife: Chuckles. I'm on board!!!

True story!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the 4th of July, real fireworks in my world !!!:)
Boat 2.0 coming our way !

Reaction Score
Syracuse board getting those excuses ready!

They have no need for small point guards who stay for 4 years and wreak havoc on the college game.

It's also kinda strange how the top 100 caliber kids who call UConn their "dream school" actually end up coming to UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Different case here.

Wife: Are we redoing the carpets in the house next year.

Me: UConn is about to land a 5* guard.

Wife: What does that have to do with the carpet?

Me: We get this recruit, the carpet waits. We're going to Maui instead.

Wife: Chuckles. I'm on board!!!

True story!
Well not that I want to jinx anything or anything but I highly recommend Mama's Fish House at sunset.

We're doomed.

Reaction Score
With Gilbert likely in the fold, and Diallo/Bailey as well, who are the big men in 2016 we are after? I don't know what everyone thinks, but I think adding a 5 would be nice to backup Brimah (or play immediately if Brimah declares early, although unlikely) and develop for a year. Frontcourt for next year is Facey, Brimah, Enoch and Diarra. Need to add depth IMO.

Reaction Score
With Gilbert likely in the fold, and Diallo/Bailey as well, who are the big men in 2016 we are after? I don't know what everyone thinks, but I think adding a 5 would be nice to backup Brimah (or play immediately if Brimah declares early, although unlikely) and develop for a year. Frontcourt for next year is Facey, Brimah, Enoch and Diarra. Need to add depth IMO.

Are we really looking that good with all of these guys? You can kind of add Larrier to the front court due to the fact he can rebound the ball. A big though as you say is a final need and they're good to go for a while - amazing if all true.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Gorjok Gak. He's basically Brimah 2.0 - skinny, long African kid who's outside the top 100 and is just learning the game.

He's the type of guy we can sign in 2016 that won't negatively affect our recruitment of Zach Brown, a 5-star monster of a center who's probably our No. 1 2017 priority.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
the conference? what about the staff! it needs upgrades we can't recruit at all. can't even recall the last recruit we got.
Very happy to hear positive words from our insiders. In my years of following UConn Basketball, I have never seen a more prototypical UConn PG, the kid even said in his Scout interview that "[he] loves to play defense".

If we can lock him up along with Diallo, then we have a legit Top 5 quality roster in the 2017-19 span since AG most likely won't be going to the league early due to his size.

Reaction Score
Obligatory parade of 11th hour 2-4-7 predictions is taking place. All the signs are there, nothing left to but wait another ~24 hours.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Very happy to hear positive words from our insiders. In my years of following UConn Basketball, I have never seen a more prototypical UConn PG, the kid even said in his Scout interview that "[he] loves to play defense".

If we can lock him up along with Diallo, then we have a legit Top 5 quality roster in the 2017-19 span since AG most likely won't be going to the league early due to his size.
i dont think you say that to one of the best kids in the nation... you tell him look at the guards that have come through uconn, most recently kemba, bazz, boat, all undersized with 2 in the league as of now and the other on his way.... lamb went from an unknown to one of the best players for two years before getting drafted in the lottery(not lambs fault OKC was so friggin stupid)...

Reaction Score
Tomorrow...

Great stuff wife and I have same convo but she wouldn't ask last conversation. She knows I mark events by Uconn like where we ate when shabazz committed!!

Reaction Score

Can't we just enjoy this feeling for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog