PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 33 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to have "Ozzie" from the TOS board join here, he dropped the nugget that Gilbert was committing here on the 4th a week ago and it went basically ignored because that board is dead. He also basically called it right after his visit.
Ozzie said Gilbert was coming here during his visit and in the months since then has said it's still a done deal. That board is totally dead but I occasionally check it just to see what he says, dude is plugged into the program.

Reaction Score
We need to have "Ozzie" from the TOS board join here, he dropped the nugget that Gilbert was committing here on the 4th a week ago and it went basically ignored because that board is dead. He also basically called it right after his visit.

Ozzie really knows his stuff. He must have his reasons for not posting here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Really hope we close on Brendan Bailey next. I think his recruitment will really blow up if we don't.

Reaction Score
I'm personally not crazy about Bailey due to the 2 year mission he may take during his collegiate career. From a pure basketball standpoint, it sucks (obviously it's an amazing thing for every other facet of life). I'd rather see us try to get back in with Battle, as KO's "list" may have indicated. We do definitely need a 2/3, though. My first choice is Diallo, but as of now, he is still a 2017 kid. Really hope Gilbert follows through this weekend. He's an amazing guard and shows that we're still a program that can excel on the national level of recruiting.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm personally not crazy about Bailey due to the 2 year mission he may take during his collegiate career. From a pure basketball standpoint, it sucks (obviously it's an amazing thing for every other facet of life). I'd rather see us try to get back in with Battle, as KO's "list" may have indicated. We do definitely need a 2/3, though. My first choice is Diallo, but as of now, he is still a 2017 kid. Really hope Gilbert follows through this weekend. He's an amazing guard and shows that we're still a program that can excel on the national level of recruiting.
Personally I've seen several Mormon basketball players contemplate going on a mission, but never has it actually happened. I doubt Bailey will take a mission at a time that would be detrimental to his career. He's tall and long, has a killer perimeter game, and Corey Evans said his handle is impressive as well. We have a lot of athletes slated for our 2016 team, but not a lot of jump shooting. This guy could play the 2-4, and give us something we really need.

Reaction Score
FWIW a scout analyst on a premium board indicated Gilbert most likely to Uconn

Reaction Score
Lesson learned yet again. I really bought in to what I was reading from other/rival sites and felt like we lost a ton of momentum. So glad to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Lesson learned yet again. I really bought in to what I was reading from other/rival sites and felt like we lost a ton of momentum. So glad to be wrong.

I think "other/rival sites" should be replaced with something else...

Reaction Score
Only thing that makes me nervous is that Quentin Goodin just cut Louisville from his list and they were thought to be his leader.

Reaction Score
Only thing that makes me nervous is that Quentin Goodin just cut Louisville from his list and they were thought to be his leader.
Has nothing to do with Gilbert. They never offered Goodin, so that's probably why they were cut.

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with Gilbert. They never offered Goodin, so that's probably why they were cut.

I think they're still hoping to land Fultz. That's looking like quite the battle between Louisville and Arizona.

Reaction Score
I think they're still hoping to land Fultz. That's looking like quite the battle between Louisville and Arizona.
Yeah, think they're trying to get in with D. Fox too. Gilbert was always #1 for us, but #2/#3 for Ville.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping he doesn't announce the Huskies too early. If he does I will need to catch a 2nd wind for tonights party ;)
Easy Mau, the announcement is tomorrow.

Btw, with a 4th of July announcement, it bears noting that only one school left on his list has official colors that include red, white and blue.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't even want to know what you're gonna do with that big tube. But if AG commits and I have to find out, I can live with that.
AG- A̶t̶t̶o̶r̶n̶e̶y̶ General- The General... BOOOMMMM!!!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping he doesn't announce the Huskies too early. If he does I will need to catch a 2nd wind for tonights party ;)
earlier the better, it'll get me all jacked up, then i'll be able to rally at night when i meet up with some friends from uconn and we can honor OLLIE and the ones who came before us here in America by crushing whatever food and alcohol is around us

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's a morning announcement I believe Mau, so either way you'll be day drinkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak