PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He didn't make any commentary other than relaying a pretty logical development.

You can bury your head in the sand though, I guess.
Wait, so when he says it you re-write a new narrative to make it fit you're agenda? Right...

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the same was said in 2010.
We weren't in the AAC in 2010. Let's see us lock up at least two top 100 guys, heck one, before we call 2016 a success.

Reaction Score
Wait, so when he says it you re-write a new narrative to make it fit you're agenda? Right...

*your (sorry, couldn't resist)

What is my agenda, out of curiosity? All I said was that there's no reason to jump down the throat of people who share information that isn't 100% pro UConn in these threads.

To be fair, I think the first time I read it, I didn't really see the exclamation point, which does lighten the tone a bit.

EDIT: Oh, I think I see why you're upset. From when you predicted we won't be getting Gilbert and Zach Brown. The difference here is that husky99 didn't predict that UConn wouldn't get either guy or give any other commentary. It's just what he heard with no unnecessary hand-wringing. There's a happy medium between only wanting to hear UConn news and getting depressed every time another big school offers a kid we want.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
We weren't in the AAC in 2010. Let's see us lock up at least two top 100 guys, heck one, before we call 2016 a success.

Why would that be a success? Many consider 2015 a failure and UConn has basically two top 50 guys, one top five 5th year player and maybe another coming in, two top 100 guys would be an absolute crapfest here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd say Adams and Gibbs count as 2 5 stars. 2 top 50 in Enoch and miller. That's a sick class

Reaction Score
I'd say Adams and Gibbs count as 2 5 stars. 2 top 50 in Enoch and miller. That's a sick class
Not that it matters at all, but what rankings have Enoch top 50? I know he dropped out of the ESPN 100.

Reaction Score
Why would that be a success? Many consider 2015 a failure and UConn has basically two top 50 guys, one top five 5th year player and maybe another coming in, two top 100 guys would be an absolute crapfest here.
Thinking the recruiting can be better (which it can) is NOT the same thing as saying it's a failure.

Reaction Score
Totally agree., too many misses, esp at SF.

Daniel Hamilton is a big part of keeping kids away from UConn at SF. But this year there are no excuses. Hamilton will be a junior when 2016 recruits enroll.

Reaction Score
From Rivals

spacer1.gif

Alterique Gilbert has led his team to a league-best 11-1 mark.
Gilbert elevates his game

When the class of 2016 Rivals150 was updated after the high school season, Rivals.com received some calls from people concerned that Alterique Gilberthad been ranked a bit too low at No. 77. As it turns out, those who thought he should have been a bit higher were absolutely right.

Playing for Team CP3 in the EYBL, the 6-footer from Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove has been outstanding while leading his team to a league-best 11-1 record. During Sunday's final game of the Houston session he was as solid as ever in leading CP3 to a win over King James.

Confident and under control, Gilbert scored 21 points, handed out 10 assists and grabbed four rebounds in a fast-paced 98-85 win. A previous concern with Gilbert had been that he appeared to have relatively average quickness but he has added another gear. On top of that, he changes speeds well and makes great decisions with the ball.

In short, Gilbert is a leader and as if he is well on his way to being a very good college point guard.

Gilbert recently took an official visit to Connecticut and said that he connected with Kevin Ollie's message of hard work overcoming adversity. However, Gilbert said that he's not quite ready to make a decision and he wants to be sure that he sees his other four finalists Louisville, Illinois, Syracuse and Texas.

Reaction Score
From Rivals

spacer1.

Alterique Gilbert has led his team to a league-best 11-1 mark.
Gilbert elevates his game

When the class of 2016 Rivals150 was updated after the high school season, Rivals.com received some calls from people concerned that Alterique Gilberthad been ranked a bit too low at No. 77. As it turns out, those who thought he should have been a bit higher were absolutely right.

Playing for Team CP3 in the EYBL, the 6-footer from Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove has been outstanding while leading his team to a league-best 11-1 record. During Sunday's final game of the Houston session he was as solid as ever in leading CP3 to a win over King James.

Confident and under control, Gilbert scored 21 points, handed out 10 assists and grabbed four rebounds in a fast-paced 98-85 win. A previous concern with Gilbert had been that he appeared to have relatively average quickness but he has added another gear. On top of that, he changes speeds well and makes great decisions with the ball.

In short, Gilbert is a leader and as if he is well on his way to being a very good college point guard.

Gilbert recently took an official visit to Connecticut and said that he connected with Kevin Ollie's message of hard work overcoming adversity. However, Gilbert said that he's not quite ready to make a decision and he wants to be sure that he sees his other four finalists Louisville, Illinois, Syracuse and Texas.

I was just trying to post this. Sounds very promising.

Reaction Score
I read a post from E Daniels that said we are in good shape due to KO getting an early jump, but also that cuse is in the mix. We shall see.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

2015 has been a good recruiting year, but not great, a bunch of guys slipped through on us (from Prince to Stone and 75 pages of Mack - and counting). 2 top 100 recruits, a top 10 transfer, and a bunch of stuff still in play. I just feel like with the way scholarships are available, 2016 is the year we need to make a big splash. I'll breathe a bit easier after the first couple of 2016 commits, but don't forget we have nothing so far.

Reaction Score
who is the last cuse player that flourished in the league? MCW and waiters are jokes. both had great upside coming into college from nepsac. if they came to storrs probably would have had better habits

Reaction Score
who is the last cuse player that flourished in the league? MCW and waiters are jokes. both had great upside coming into college from nepsac. if they came to storrs probably would have had better habits
Syracuse players don't do well in the league but how is Michael Carter-Williams a joke? He won rookie of the year last year and did pretty well for the Bucks this year. He'll probably never be a star but a guy who puts up triple doubles and wins rookie of the year is far from a joke.

caw

Reaction Score
Syracuse players don't do well in the league but how is Michael Carter-Williams a joke? He won rookie of the year last year and did pretty well for the Bucks this year. He'll probably never be a star but a guy who puts up triple doubles and wins rookie of the year is far from a joke.

He's maybe a league average starting PG, and if you want 14 better (not in order):

Curry
Paul
Westbrook
Lilliard
Bledsoe
Conley
Parker
Lawson
Lowry
Rose
Irving
Teague
Dragic
Wall

I'd slot him somewhere with the following group of PGs, though maybe you'd move Parker and Rose down, I'd still slot them ahead of MCW right now.

Walker
Jackson/Jennings
Knight
Evans/Holiday
Smart/Thomas
Hill
Rubio
Payton

Reaction Score
MCW was the only player in the league this year to take at least 200 midrange jumpers and make fewer than 30% of them. Of the 202 players who took at least 100 threes, MCW ranked 200th in field goal percentage. Least efficient volume shooter in the NBA.

Source: Kirk Goldsberry

Reaction Score
Can i start a thread titled "Shot and vomit people post" where most of this stuff can go instead of the recruit threads.. just wondering

people wonder why I start new threads with the slightest new news!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32