PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I will take maybe another visit or two..."

That sounds good to me, the way he said it.

On the other hand, why did he agree to do the interview? A grown man doing a phone interview with a 16-17 year old about his college plans? Ugh.

G'town, Syracuse, Louisville. Calling him recently. Doesn't seem enthused.

Florida St., Illinois, Texas A&M, Miami, UConn. All 5 have been on him for a year.

Style of play, coaching, point guard play: the keys.

Interviewer has Illinois-based listeners. AG says he will take a visit to Illinois.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the Illinois pitch at the end is where it got kind of awkward.

Reaction Score
"I will take maybe another visit or two..."

That sounds good to me, the way he said it.

On the other hand, why did he agree to do the interview? It is crazy to hear a grown man do a phone interview with a 16-17 year old.

G'town, Syracuse, Louisville. Calling him recently. Doesn't seem enthused.

Florida St., Illinois, Texas A&M, Miami, UConn. All 5 have been on him for a year.

Style of play, coaching, point guard play: the keys.

Interviewer has Illinois-based listeners. Says he will take a visit to Illinois.
That's what i eard. I like that he said he would take another visit to UCONN and how he didn't seem that enthusiastic/ wasn't sure if he was taking many other visits, I'd definately say we have a great shot with him

Reaction Score
UConn bound. Sharman White is a excellent future college coach as well.

Reaction Score
Syracuse? Wow. He said he likes their guards like Johnny Flynn..has he seen what Flynn did in the NBA. He didn't do crap. It should come down to us and Louisville, both of whom produce good guards.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Dont sleep on Texas in this one.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
That's quite the top 5. Might have been better to have scheduled his visit later.

Reaction Score
That's quite the top 5. Might have been better to have scheduled his visit later.

Seems like we thought we had a chance at a commitment before these other big boys came calling.

Reaction Score
Texas seems like the leader by readin that. Also, we are not a transition team that gets up and down anymore. Haven't been that team in a while. Hopefully next year we start pushing the ball more but this season we hardly scored in transition.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He knows he wants to visit UL and Cuse, but isn't sure about Texas and Illinois. Sounds like a top 3 tbh

Reaction Score
Not getting why people think Texas is the team to beat for Gilbert. Gilbert mentions that he only likes Texas because of Shaka, and he makes it clear he's not entirely sure what Shaka's style of play at Texas will be. And he mentioned how he has to talk with his mom on whether or not taking visits to Texas and Illinois is the right decision for him.

Like @Huskyforlife points out, seems like it's UConn, Louisville and Syracuse in the top 3. Also, here's this from 247: A source told InsideTheVille recently Louisville and Syracuse are UConn’s main challengers for Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Not getting why people think Texas is the team to beat for Gilbert. Gilbert mentions that he only likes Texas because of Shaka, and he makes it clear he's not entirely sure what Shaka's style of play at Texas will be. And he mentioned how he has to talk with his mom on whether or not taking visits to Texas and Illinois is the right decision for him.

Like @Huskyforlife points out, seems like it's UConn, Louisville and Syracuse in the top 3. Also, here's this from 247: A source told InsideTheVille recently Louisville and Syracuse are UConn’s main challengers for Gilbert.

And honestly Louisville should be the only competition. Even though they are one of my least favorite teams in CBB, they do constantly have great guards. So does UConn though. I may be biased but I truly think UConn is the best option for him.

Reaction Score
Texas seems like the leader by readin that. Also, we are not a transition team that gets up and down anymore. Haven't been that team in a while. Hopefully next year we start pushing the ball more but this season we hardly scored in transition.
Texas sounds like the leader when he said he wasn't sure he was going to visit?

Reaction Score
Basically I’d be the extension of the coach on the floor.”

Something tells me this is Ollie's pitch to guards that we recruit. Maybe Alterique derived this from his own analysis but this seems like those words came right from KO's mouth.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think its us or Louisville too. A short kid who plays physical defense is a bad fit for the zone. Louisville could be a fit, but they're going to be a bit undersized with McMahon at the 1, 6'3 Mitchell at the 2, and Deng Adel being a true 3 with upside. I think there will be a clearer spot for him in Storrs in 2016, but neither would be a bad choice. Hope he remembers which major school saw the potential in him first.

Reaction Score
And honestly Louisville should be the only competition. Even though they are one of my least favorite teams in CBB, they do constantly have great guards. So does UConn though. I may be biased but I truly think UConn is the best option for him.
Louisville consistently has good guards but Louisville players do nothing in the NBA.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think its us or Louisville too. A short kid who plays physical defense is a bad fit for the zone. Louisville could be a fit, but they're going to be a bit undersized with McMahon at the 1, 6'3 Mitchell at the 2, and Deng Adel being a true 3 with upside. I think there will be a clearer spot for him in Storrs in 2016, but neither would be a bad choice. Hope he remembers which major school saw the potential in him first.

I didn't know McMahon played the point. From what little I've heard about him, he seems to be more of a long-range shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if Quentin Snider was still their PG by 2016.

Reaction Score
Hope he remembers which major school saw the potential in him first.
True. This will only help in that regard (from 247):

Rick Pitino didn’t watched Gilbert play during April evaluation period but did offer a scholarship recently.

“He talked to Rick Pitino once when he made the formal offer,” White said. “I don’t think he’s talked to him more than that.”

Plus, in the Scout article, it says that only UConn, Illinois and Syracuse were in to see Gilbert at his high school. KO is definitely putting in the work for Gilbert and hopefully it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom