PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I didn't know McMahon played the point. From what little I've heard about him, he seems to be more of a long-range shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if Quentin Snider was still their PG by 2016.
He definitely will be, but McMahon is the size of a 1, and will demand minutes. It'd be hard to ever play McMahon and Gilbert at the same time. UL could definitely work around it, but I think it's a slightly better fit positionally at UConn.

Adams could play some 2 as some see him as a combo guard more so than a true 1. He's more of a scorer than Snider if he were moved to the 2 when Gilbert was in.

Reaction Score
Seems like the same final three as Fab Melo had.

I think the debate about guards is mostly pointless. Same thing with Zach Brown and bigs. Unless a local school is in play, 95% of the time these kids are going to go to the school whose coach they like the most or where they have the best relationships.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He definitely will be, but McMahon is the size of a 1, and will demand minutes. It'd be hard to ever play McMahon and Gilbert at the same time. UL could definitely work around it, but I think it's a slightly better fit positionally at UConn.

Adams could play some 2 as some see him as a combo guard more so than a true 1. He's more of a scorer than Snider if he were moved to the 2 when Gilbert was in.

Given Russ Smith, I think that Pitino has no qualms about using undersized guys at the 2. But I agree that by sheer volume it'd be tougher to break into the rotation here. I anticipate Adams and Purvis being a much stronger duo than Snider and Mitchell.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hopefully it doesn't come down to what conference he wants to play in.

caw

Reaction Score
With Cuses scholarship reductions, he doesn't seem like he's first choice there (Moyer and Battle are their top two in 16).

Have to like UConns chances here, but UL could take both guys UConn has made top five for in Gilbert and King.

Reaction Score
It should come down to us and Louisville, both of whom produce good guards.
Cuse has a better history of NBA guards than Louisville. When your best guard currently in the NBA (out of your total of 3) is Peyton Siva.... When Kemba alone produces more than all your school's NBA guards combined...

Reaction Score
Hearing other top schools are reaching out

It was bound to happen. After his recent performances, it is clear he is a top tier guard. Hope that we stay on him and the fact that we were in early gives us an advantage.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
So UConn will be in either the B1G or the ACC in 2016? How is this not its own thread??? Every time I see another top 100 2016 player commit, I keep getting the feeling that our incredible 5 top 100 player 2016 recruiting class will be a freaking disaster. 7 scholarships, how many of them will actually be filled with P5 talent? At this rate it doesn't feel like more than 1 or two.... really hoping i am wrong.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So UConn will be in either the B1G or the ACC in 2016? How is this not its own thread??? Every time I see another top 100 2016 player commit, I keep getting the feeling that our incredible 5 top 100 player 2016 recruiting class will be a freaking disaster. 7 scholarships, how many of them will actually be filled with P5 talent? At this rate it doesn't feel like more than 1 or two.... really hoping i am wrong.

Pretty sure the same was said in 2010.

Reaction Score
I am not trying to be a but u really are a downer a lot!

He didn't make any commentary other than relaying a pretty logical development.

You can bury your head in the sand though, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom